• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Cops at front door

Bummer about the nosy neighbors. None of their business what you do in your own home, (as long as you're not driving property values down :rolleyes:) I'm surprised that we don't see more posts with the same subject.

I was thinking about that happening to me just recently and was wondering what I would do. I decideded as long as they limit their search to the pepper grow room I wouldn't mind. :whistle:

Once you let them in the door, you have already invited them in and given up your right to unreasonable search and seizure. Personally, I would never let the police in my house without a warrant.

I got super cool neighbors that all smoke! They saw me carrying my bale of soil and all the dwc buckets and hit me up what i was growing. They were dissapointed that it was only peppers. Lol

I got super cool neighbors that all smoke! They saw me carrying my bale of soil and all the dwc buckets and hit me up what i was growing. They were dissapointed that it was only peppers. Lol

Ha! That's great! You should invite them over to partake in your hobby next time they go all widdly scuds. I'm sure it would be a night of hijinks.

I keep on expecting a "raid" from the police brought about by my extreme power usage in late Jan, Feb and the first part of March...I am running ~2.3 Kw 16/day and 1.3 Kw for 24/day...turns out to be about 50Kw a day just for lighting....that's 1.5 MEGA watt per month...

I have had several law enforcement customers from all types, city, county, and state over the past few years and have told each one to please pass the word to their constituents that I grow extreme hot peppers....and lots of them....

I had a gal come up from Houston to get some scorpion seeds that was a deputy down there...we talked about power usage and she said the police definitely pay attention to high power consumption...

That's why people who grow less legal herbs and spices on a bigger scale steal power .... nosey piglets then have one less reason to come over for a cup of chai

SO did they ask you if you were growing pot or did they ask you if you had a medicinal card? I do not partake in the herb but us Washingtonians can grow it legally if we have a card for it. I have several friends who are card carriers and as card holders can legally grow 15 plants each. I Have a friend who is going through family court right now who has a card for serous health reasons and the cops asked her the wrong way about her possible crop after a family members accused her of drug use. After her lawyer made one call and all further questions about it vanished. Apparently they need to or are supposed to ask if they carry a medicinal marijuana card right off once the topic of if they have a grow or use the substance.

Still a funny spot many of us hot pepper growers imagine us put in and how we would handle it. Me personally I would be the guy that required a warrant. Then if they pursued it and came back and found nothing the next call would be to the news media. It seems that the media here in this state is already filled with big goofs by the law enforcement.

I was pulled over and had a felony stop done on me in the poring rain back in 2006. It was three days before Christmas and the only thing they used for the reason was my car was a 4 door white sedan even though the rest of the description was wrong and the licence
plate was wrong and from a different state. A caller had reported seeing a woman getting grabbed and put in a car just 5 min before about 4 miles away on the other end of town from the way I was coming. So after 40-45 min of me on the ground in the heavy rain they came to the conclusion it was not me and let me go. To this day the local law gives me a pass for minor traffic stops and still mention and tell me sorry for the stop back in 2006.

SO did they ask you if you were growing pot or did they ask you if you had a medicinal card? I do not partake in the herb but us Washingtonians can grow it legally if we have a card for it. I have several friends who are card carriers and as card holders can legally grow 15 plants each. I Have a friend who is going through family court right now who has a card for serous health reasons and the cops asked her the wrong way about her possible crop after a family members accused her of drug use. After her lawyer made one call and all further questions about it vanished. Apparently they need to or are supposed to ask if they carry a medicinal marijuana card right off once the topic of if they have a grow or use the substance.

Still a funny spot many of us hot pepper growers imagine us put in and how we would handle it. Me personally I would be the guy that required a warrant. Then if they pursued it and came back and found nothing the next call would be to the news media. It seems that the media here in this state is already filled with big goofs by the law enforcement.

I was pulled over and had a felony stop done on me in the poring rain back in 2006. It was three days before Christmas and the only thing they used for the reason was my car was a 4 door white sedan even though the rest of the description was wrong and the licence
plate was wrong and from a different state. A caller had reported seeing a woman getting grabbed and put in a car just 5 min before about 4 miles away on the other end of town from the way I was coming. So after 40-45 min of me on the ground in the heavy rain they came to the conclusion it was not me and let me go. To this day the local law gives me a pass for minor traffic stops and still mention and tell me sorry for the stop back in 2006.

Hmmm, interesting! They just asked me what I was growing I think??? lol

See y'all aren't being practical. The best part about this is that now you can plant some weed & if anyone calls the cops they'll just check the record and go, "nope - already checked him out - just hot peppers!"

You're in the clear!
:D

See y'all aren't being practical. The best part about this is that now you can plant some weed & if anyone calls the cops they'll just check the record and go, "nope - already checked him out - just hot peppers!"

You're in the clear!
:D

Lol and you can be my California connection! haha " No wait! that was blow." lol :whistle:

Lol you'd be eating a carrot and ask them whats up doc??? They would say hey man I thought you were growing some pot up there for me!!! lol

I also fear this happening. As where we live we rent. An we have some noisy neighbors. Problem is my grow area is a converted entertainment center. So every time the front door is opened, all you see is shiny mylar box and 400 watt cfl grow light. Lol :D So have to listen for cars going by before you can open the door! An delivery? Uh, no!

I also fear this happening. As where we live we rent. An we have some noisy neighbors. Problem is my grow area is a converted entertainment center. So every time the front door is opened, all you see is shiny mylar box and 400 watt cfl grow light. Lol :D So have to listen for cars going by before you can open the door! An delivery? Uh, no!

Lol you will prob be fine! my grow tent and light are very visable through the window lol

I wonder what percentage of searches due to nosy bastards actuallt do reveal more sinister operations?

Back