• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Couriosity and the cat

Age group and Gender

• Total voters
I'm 30 and my username might give away my sex....Yes please......Oh sorry, I can't help but say that after saying the word sex....Yesss.s.s...oh God...:D

millworkman said:
If you are under 40 here they card you.

They card you even if you are obviously over 40 in TN and AL.

Pam said:
... but the way people are badgered, with moderator approval, for personal information shocks and appalls me and it is very difficult for me to make jokes about it.

If you came to my house and took a great, steaming dump on my floor, I could make jokes about it; but using peer pressure to ferret out personal information, no.

The question wasn't directed to anyone specially but out in the open. We all are free members mostly over 18 from mostly free countries. So we are free to ask questions. Or not. And we are free to answer questions. Or not. So where's the pressure? :shocked:
"The Hot Pepper Statistics
The Hot Pepper Statistics
Threads: 9,337, Posts: 169,860, Members: 2,162"

Only 18 (now 19) of 2162 members answered in 41 of 169860 posts. Quite representative. And no phone or bank account numbers or cholesterol levels revealed anyway.

DickT said:
Baltimore is now governed under a dictatorship.

Sounds like Chicago. My wife's uncle was filling me in on their local rules, laws and regulations, not to mention ALL of the taxes there. It was nice to visit, but I don't think I'd want to move there.

Pepperfreak said:
Sounds like Chicago. My wife's uncle was filling me in on their local rules, laws and regulations, not to mention ALL of the taxes there. It was nice to visit, but I don't think I'd want to move there.

Taxes. Taxes and more Taxes and half of the illegal immagrants in the country, and I can no longer enjoy a smoke with a beer

I don't smoke, but around here most bars have an outdoor patio where you can still smoke and drink a cold one. In the winter, most places put up outside heaters so that it isn't too bad.

Armadillo said:
The question wasn't directed to anyone specially but out in the open.

Exactly, where people who might want to participate in fun stuff but are on the shy or uncertain side feel like they have to give out personal information to be part of the crowd. This is hardly the only time this sort of thing comes up.

We all are free members mostly over 18 from mostly free countries. So we are free to ask questions. Or not. And we are free to answer questions. Or not. So where's the pressure? :shocked:

Are you being deliberately disingenuous?

Pepperfreak said:
I don't smoke, but around here most bars have an outdoor patio where you can still smoke and drink a cold one. In the winter, most places put up outside heaters so that it isn't too bad.

I actually want to quit, but its just the fact that they would mandate the law instead of leaving it up to the bar owners.

Pam said:
Exactly, where people who might want to participate in fun stuff but are on the shy or uncertain side feel like they have to give out personal information to be part of the crowd. This is hardly the only time this sort of thing comes up.

Are you being deliberately disingenuous?

This is one of 9,337 threads. There are a lot of threads with "fun stuff". And you feel under pressure if you don't like to answer to ONE SINGLE THREAD? Sorry, I don't get it. You freely participate in "Two Word Turd" and "The Word Association Thread". Don't you think you give away more than just your age and gender to someone analyzing your associations?
And there's a lot of fun stuff even for the people on the "on the shy or uncertain side" here on THP.
And no. I'm not deliberately or accidentally disingenuous. I'm telling you my opinion outright.
If someone is "on the shy or uncertain side" he might not like to talk to people who discuss nagas cos' he only dares eat jalapenos, he might be offended by people who talk about beer cos' he's dry or he might be offended by people loving man boobs cos' he's prudish or repulsed cos' he's skinny. If someone desperately wants to be offended someone can even feel offended by something like the "beens or no beens in chili"-discussion. JMHO

Armadillo said:
This is one of 9,337 threads. There are a lot of threads with "fun stuff". And you feel under pressure if you don't like to answer to ONE SINGLE THREAD? Sorry, I don't get it. You freely participate in "Two Word Turd" and "The Word Association Thread". Don't you think you give away more than just your age and gender to someone analyzing your associations?
And there's a lot of fun stuff even for the people on the "on the shy or uncertain side" here on THP.
And no. I'm not deliberately or accidentally disingenuous. I'm telling you my opinion outright.
If someone is "on the shy or uncertain side" he might not like to talk to people who discuss nagas cos' he only dares eat jalapenos, he might be offended by people who talk about beer cos' he's dry or he might be offended by people loving man boobs cos' he's prudish or repulsed cos' he's skinny. If someone desperately wants to be offended someone can even feel offended by something like the "beens or no beens in chili"-discussion. JMHO

Well now that you brought it up, I locked myself in a closet for a week over the beans or no beans thread, Just had to let that out, its probably what led to my sensitivity classes....

DickT said:
Well now that you brought it up, I locked myself in a closet for a week over the beans or no beans thread, Just had to let that out, its probably what led to my sensitivity classes....

Next step then is the de-escalation class.

I've decided to join the "people-on-the-shy-or-uncertain-side"-offenders anonymous. "Hi, I'm Dillo and I'm offending!"

If you don't want to participate in this poll, it's simple....don't answer the questions and move on to another thread.

No one is putting pressure on anyone to divulge any personal information. And, if they are, I don't see it.

This whole thread was posted purely out of innocent and fun spirited. Nothing more and nothing less. I definitely didn't want to stir things up and offend anyone.

Pepperfreak said:
This whole thread was posted purely out of innocent and fun spirited. Nothing more and nothing less. I definitely didn't want to stir things up and offend anyone.

That's exactly what I read.

DickT said:
I actually want to quit, but its just the fact that they would mandate the law instead of leaving it up to the bar owners.

Here in Ohio they voted on it, but the ballott was so confussing that I think most people didn't know what was up.

Pepperfreak said:
Here in Ohio they voted on it, but the ballott was so confussing that I think most people didn't know what was up.

They're getting ready to mandate the carbon tax here in maryland, This one really gets under my skin.

Txclosetgrower said:
Ah, i missed the fact that it was 2 part poll.

Hadn't had coffee yet.

I had coffee and still missed the gender part. Me is 10555 days old, give or take a few. I am male.

Armadillo said:
This is one of 9,337 threads. There are a lot of threads with "fun stuff". And you feel under pressure if you don't like to answer to ONE SINGLE THREAD?

No, *I* don't feel pressured. I'm a ballsy broad perfectly able to take care of myself. It's not about me.

Sorry, I don't get it.

My mistake. I misjudged you.

If someone is "on the shy or uncertain side"

...she just goes else net.

Back