• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cowboys never ending grow log

Your babies are absolutely gorgeous! You wont have pepper plants but pepper trees at this rate, Im jealous already....... =)

I could be wrong, but those don't really look like bhut pods to me. They look too smooth and round...or are those pictures of the carribean reds?

Those are some incredible looking plants though, I can't imagine what kind of production you're going to get out of those being so big so early...
thanks. im pretty sure they are bhuts. just a bad angle and the flash made them look smooth. here are some more pics.

heres another pod on the same plant

heres the plant

pack they came from

:hell: update
the high temp today was 75 so i took another plant outside. ill take some outdoor pics sometime this weekend

thanks. im pretty sure they are bhuts. just a bad angle and the flash made them look smooth. here are some more pics.
:hell: update
the high temp today was 75 so i took another plant outside. ill take some outdoor pics sometime this weekend

NMSU is obviously a reputable seller, so it's probably the just the picture, or maybe because they're small indoor pods or something. Those are some really, really nice looking plants though, you might need some 10 gallon pots the way they're going. I'm jealous, my babies are only about 2 inches tall and it's still over 2 months before I can put them outside. :mope:

NMSU is obviously a reputable seller, so it's probably the just the picture, or maybe because they're small indoor pods or something. Those are some really, really nice looking plants though, you might need some 10 gallon pots the way they're going. I'm jealous, my babies are only about 2 inches tall and it's still over 2 months before I can put them outside. :mope:
yeah they are pretty small. i just have cfl's growing them. didnt even expect to get any pods so soon indoors.

no pots, going straight into the ground after they get use to the sun. i do have 2 growing outside in a 15gallon containers. those have been growing outside all winter, had to put them in the shed a few times when it got too cold.

pics from 2/27/11. ive started to take some outdoors. the rest should be out by next week.

these 2 pods turned orange overnight

will get some outdoor pics posted next week.

everything has been moved outside. they will be planted in a raised bed once they get use to the sun. pics taken 3/4/11

and heres my 2 bhuts that have been outside all winter. they are really starting to bush out now

pics taken today, 5-9-11. these are my patio plants.

red carribean hab.

some pods i picked today

2 bhut plants growing in 22 gallon tote

1 bhut pod i picked today

heres a small plant i let flower early. noticed today it has 3 pods

Great looking plants!
i was thinking of using a tote like that did you jsut put the holes in the bottom i didnt see any on the sides?

:cheers:

I noticed you use happy frog soil, have you ever tried foxfarms ocean forest? If so how did it compare to the happy frog? BTW I'm jealous, your plants look awesome!

Great looking plants!
i was thinking of using a tote like that did you jsut put the holes in the bottom i didnt see any on the sides?

:cheers:
yeah there are some holes on the sides but way down towards the bottom. plus the tote is off the ground so it does drain really well. tomorrow ill take some pics of my bigger tote with 3 plants in it, they are huge!

I noticed you use happy frog soil, have you ever tried foxfarms ocean forest? If so how did it compare to the happy frog? BTW I'm jealous, your plants look awesome!
i use happy tree frog for potting up and i use ocean forest for my final potting. the happy tree frog makes the roots grow like crazy and the plant doesnt slow down from transplant shock.

Back