• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

curious mind?

I'm doing it because I ran out of peat pots, and I had a fungus problem with them. That said, the peat pots bottom water WAY better than the plastic cups. The plastic cups retain moisture better though (for better or worse), so instead of watering every 36 hours, I now water every 4 days or so.

I started bottom watering a little while ago, it's so much easier, also like AJ said it's quicker. I probably water once or twice a week, well probably more one and a half times a week on average.

* Your seedlings are probably my healthiest of the lot AJ. xx

thats good to hear RB...could it be maybe that since they are wild stock, they have experienced a lot of hardships and these are the product of "genetic" superior tepins?

AlabamaJack said:
thats good to hear RB...could it be maybe that since they are wild stock, they have experienced a lot of hardships and these are the product of "genetic" superior tepins?

I know mine sprouted quickly, which surprised me. Tepins can be very stubborn about germinating.

The Peter Peppers germinated really quickly too AJ and are looking healthy, they're both growing quicker than most of my other seedlings.

rainbowberry said:
The Peter Peppers germinated really quickly too AJ and are looking healthy, they're both growing quicker than most of my other seedlings.
Boy, you opened yoruself up for some really crude comments there. Let the baradge begin :lol:

rainbowberry said:
Premature germination. it's actually more common than most people think. :lol:

rainbowberry said:
Argh! You gonna tell me that you're very familiar with it? :lol:
Yes I do. I have a friend who has it... poor guy. I personally don't have any problem, as I was blessed with superhuman stamina! lucky me. :hell:

Women can suffer from it too but I don't think it's anyway near as bad as what men have to endure (or not endure) no sorry it's not funny. How did we get on to this subject? I didn't think that men spoke about these things with each other*. I bet all the male members are dying to talk about their quickness now.

*what a nice sensitive bloke*

It's not a joke. seriously, I know someone and it's bothering him greatly. he's a close friend, it's not like he tells everyone.
He has someone, and they're planning on getting married, so I guess he found a way to compensate. ;)
If it's a sensitive subject for anyone here, I'm sorry for bringing it up.

I was going to comment on the comments but decided not to...

I sure hope the tepins do well...mine are healthy and I gave one (have about 6) back to the seed donor...she was so tickled with it...they are healthy and about 5 inches tall and even though they look spindley, they are very sturdy...

They'll be the ideal chilli just to pick straight off the plant to put in your mouth AJ, just like my baby orange Habs were. The Peter Pepper is more for fun than anything else.

I don't know if I will be able to pick them straight off the plant and eat them or not...they are pretty hot...and remember, I am a wuss...

Back