• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Curry Thread

Didn't see a dedicated one so created one :)

Been having a curry craving for a while so managed it a couple days ago.

-500gr Dried beans soaked 4 hours
-PC cooked for 20min (till soft)
-Spice mix- 60gr Coconut organic
                  1 tbsp Cumin
                  2 tbsp Turmeric
                  1 tbsp seasoning mix
                  1 tbsp org Coriander powder
                  1 tbsp Whole cardamon
                  1 cup Chines Cayenne (in this case)
                  1/2 tsp salt (to taste)

-Blitz mix and then add to chickpeas in pot, rise cooker in this case. Boil for 20min, add 1/2cup raisins (optional) and simmer another 30 min.
The raisins adds a nice body of slight sweetness to the mix.

I jarred 1.5L for later consumption :)

P1100968_CurryChickpeas-1000_zpsqm8lgcmf.jpg

P1100969_CurryChickpeas-1000_zpsjsxfqm6b.jpg

P1100970_CurryChickpeas-1000_zps27hksvtf.jpg

P1100971_CurryChickpeas-1000_zpsmcziaeea.jpg

P1100972_CurryChickpeas-1000_zpsxpeqvnyd.jpg

I've had paneer vindaloo, I dig.

This one is not milder than it looks! Chicken laksa lamian. I needed a little extra water for the 2 deboned rotisserie chicken thighs so....it needed 1 tsp red/yellow mixed curry powder, 1 tsp Better Than Bullion, 2 tsp hot Korean pepper flakes and about a tbs of coconut cream powder.

Fried the paste, red onion, curry powder and garlic in a little rice bran oil before adding the water.
kRvIElS.jpg

That sounds interesting with lentil noodles. I need to go by my favorite Indian restaurant today on business. REALLY tempted to stop in for lunch. They have the most delicious butter chicken. (Makhani Chicken). Ive had it at other places but this one is outstanding. Wish i would have gone yesterday when the curry goat was available. They only offer it on Tuesday and Sunday buffets.

Buffets are often hohum but theirs is great and its under $10 a person.

Love me some curry. The other night we had Pepper Jalfrezi with Jasmine rice and Slow roasted chicken, rubbed with garam masala, smoked serrano powder, and garlic ginger paste.
Had to keep the heat on the low end for the fam so I topped mine with some Fire Crack sauce(trinscorp, "firecrack", lemon drop, garlic, apple, onion, carrot).

Attachments

• IMG_20180120_181215929.jpg
    IMG_20180120_181215929.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20180120_181108743.jpg
    IMG_20180120_181108743.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 62
Butter Curry Veg (was supposed to be soup but the rice soaked it all up lol)

Supper, for lunch was a plane version with turmeric.

Tomato
Fresh corn
carrots
potatoes
Paprika
CHipotle
Red Bell peppers
porcine mushrooms
Brown rice
Coconut shreaded
Onion
Garlic

Cooked potatoes and rice first, then added the rest.

tjFpZ3p.jpg
fvNYkwQ.jpg

Try this for a simple curry

S&B Golden Curry roux Medium or Hot
Meat. potato, onion and carrot
Your choice of pepper flakes...i prefer Korean but a fresh hab or two aint bad either especially with beef or goat meat
1 can of coconut milk instead of some of the water or stock. (optional)
A good splash of fish sauce
A couple bay leaves

Pretty much every store carries the S&B roux. Even large grocery chains have it but you will pay more for it there. Japanese and Korean style curries are more of a comfort food but they are damn good occasionally.

I just got some more of this the other day. I normally dont buy curry powders but i like this one. Its mild so it needs a pepper boost. With the addition of some habs its a reasonable replacement for Caribbean style curries. No added salt so its easy to kick up the curry without it becoming a "salt lick".
https://www.myspicesage.com/vadouvan-curry-spice-p-1282.html

Ingredients: Dehydrated Onion, Dehydrated Garlic, Fennel Seeds, Turmeric Ground, Cardamom Ground, Cumin Ground, Mustard, Fenugreek Powder, Thyme Ground, Red Pepper Powder, Black Pepper Ground 28 Mesh, Curry Leaves Powder, Rosemary Ground, Nutmeg Ground and Cloves Ground

Pumpkin Curry, was awesome.

Pumpkin
Onion
Carrots
Chicken stock
Coconut
Vindaloo powder, light amount just for the taste
Thai chillies for the heat
Porccini mushrooms
Peanut butter to finish off

Fried each separately. Add to pot with liquid and cook 30min, add peanut butter the last 5min and mix thoroughly. Carrots do wonders on creating full sweet body.

S74WHCU.jpg

AXVtDxm.jpg

nD8N4XV.jpg

Making Channa Masala (Chickpea curry) tonight, I am wondering how it would be with a sweet potato added. I have 1 lonely sweet potato in the fridge

Crispee-FL said:
Making Channa Masala (Chickpea curry) tonight, I am wondering how it would be with a sweet potato added. I have 1 lonely sweet potato in the fridge
Vietnamese curry uses sweet potatoes, onions, chicken... It's delicious! Go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back