• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CUT LIST 2016

SavinaRed said:
My favorite flavor combined with tolerable heat are the datil,fatilii and bonnets(MOA's) and Goats. These will be my focus for 2017 along with lots of Aji varieties.

If you have space for 2017 you might consider Madame Jeanette. I dropped my Bonda Ma Jacques, Super Datils, and Fataliis for more MJ plants.

Cutting all but a a very select few of my supers.

Focusing on expanding my habaneros and frutescens this year.

Gonna keep what have become my standard annuums and baccatums as well.

SavinaRed said:
only habs are chocolates this year
only ghosts are chocolates
no butch t's
I'm pretty sure next season I will not have anything hotter than a 7 pot burgundy or caramel.
I'm growing a carloina reaper plant from Ed that my brother ordered along with a brown moruga from him as well. This will be my last year with them.
My favorite flavor combined with tolerable heat are the datil,fatilii and bonnets(MOA's) and Goats. These will be my focus for 2017 along with lots of Aji varieties.
Only Habs are chocolates? No Red Savina? Time for a name/pic change?

SavinaRed said:
Yes I should lol. Maybe I'll go home and germinate a seed this weekend and grow one.
I would think you should lol.. if you dont, send me a message in a couple months and I will ship you a box of Red Savina pods just to make it right. I got your back lol.. My Savina is my favorite plant. Few seasons old, and with last frost still 2-3 weeks away, it is covered in buds and just got its first dozen or so pods for the year. Going to be a good season

none of my red savina have germinated two years in a row. I have up on them. It's late in the season but I may add a potted wild brazil to the mix. 

Cutting Jamaican mushroom/gold, filomena, purple ufo, aji Amarillo, tobasco. Bahamian goats, red bhuts, reaper, Thai and aji lemon drops will have another run. Looking forward to jays peach ghost scorpion, orange cayenne, more rocoto, and some more red Jonah. Going some chocolate Douglah as well.

D3monic said:
none of my red savina have germinated two years in a row. I have up on them. It's late in the season but I may add a potted wild brazil to the mix. 
I find habs and bonnets germ worse than supers. I planted loads of habs this year, after a second attempt I finally got an orange hab to pop. 2 loads of SB attempted and 0 plants to show for it.. 100% of the other varieties I wanted are happily growing

LordHill, my Habanero Gambia and Habanero Cappuccino from Semillas.de germinated very well. I planted lots of Scotch Bonnets this year and my MOA and Foodarama struggled the most in terms of germination. My Papa Joes and TFM did the best.

My mustard hab germed the best of my 5 hab varieties. I am hoping after this seasons struggle it goes better next season when I germinate my own freshly saved seeds. My Orange Hab that finally popped was very late, but if I get one quality pod to get seeds from between now and october, I am calling it a win.. obviously hope for more, but a win is a win lol

I missed Mike's question. Duffy's chocolate brain was VERY hot, but with little flavor. Just hardly any flavor of any kind. A subtle bland brown taste. Cappy's were not as hot by just a little bit, but had a richer, more complex chocolate taste. And the plants themselves, pretty amazing, they seem to have in their genetics to be shorter and bushier on their own. They also set early and are covered with pods, even before they are getting 24 inches tall. I'm getting ready to start some more seeds I extracted from the best quality pods just to have more of these. I kept 14, but want to try my new trimming technique on them and put a few into 15s instead of 7s and make a few monster plants for production. Tom

LordHill said:
I would think you should lol.. if you dont, send me a message in a couple months and I will ship you a box of Red Savina pods just to make it right. I got your back lol.. My Savina is my favorite plant. Few seasons old, and with last frost still 2-3 weeks away, it is covered in buds and just got its first dozen or so pods for the year. Going to be a good season
I have some seeds that haven't germinated yet but I found a nice Red Savina at my local nursery so I bought one.  :)

My 2 best plants from seed this year are my chocolate bonnets. I'm really looking forward to trying them this years. And a close second are 2 varieties of Rocoto's that are really healthy looking and already are starting to flower. I'm hoping to take a couple pics this weekend of them flowering.

@Red Savina

I found a nice Red Savina at my local nursery so I bought one. 

Wow nice. I was given an overwintered Red Savina a month ago from a nursery employee...for free ^_^ I never see Red Savina or anything more impressive than a generic 'Scoprion' for sale at my local nurseries. Is there a good one in Modesto to check out?

Spicy Mushroom said:

Wow nice. I was given an overwintered Red Savina a month ago from a nursery employee...for free ^_^ I never see Red Savina or anything more impressive than a generic 'Scoprion' for sale at my local nurseries. Is there a good one in Modesto to check out?
Its right around the corner from my house , Morris Nursery. They also have Carolina Reapers so I picked one of those up too. They are nice size plants for $2.95 ea. 

Back