• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D|KiNG's Humble growlog...2012---little girls sprinkle some powder on their food

so.... again this is my 1st year of planting peppers... i know i know some i bought at the store/arborateum/people but i also planted some frome seeds and have learned so much.... here are a couple of my mistakes
IMG_2883.jpg
my girls decided to help daddy and put a TON of water in these bhuts...
IMG_2882.jpg
what can i do to revive them???
IMG_2901.jpg
started off strong now this.... why did it become weak like this???
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2902.jpg
purchased some jamaican scotch bonnets from TRADEWINDS... and this is what i got so for from this packetno i didn't mislabel them or did i mix my seeds up...will the real jamaican please stand up...
IMG_2899.jpg
IMG_2898.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg
IMG_2896.jpg
other pics can be found on herehttp://thehotpepper....started-a-blog/http://thehotpepper....ot-pepper-pics/

so ive decided to pick out a few plants right now and do some updates..perhaps mark them and track their progress

IMG_3259-1.jpg

Naga Morich (tradewinds) sowed 3/13

IMG_3260-1.jpg

Jamaican scotch bonnet (tradewinds) 3/13

IMG_3261-1.jpg

Congo Trinidad (fullerton arborateum)

IMG_3263-1.jpg

Caribbean Red (fullerton arborateum)

IMG_3264-1.jpg

Scotch bonnet (fullerton arborateum)

IMG_3265-1.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion ***butch T***(fullerton arborateum)

IMG_3266-1.jpg

Bhut Jolokia (fullerton arborateum)

IMG_3268-1.jpg

Habanero Mustard (fullerton arborateum)

IMG_3270-1.jpg

7 pot Pepper (karmalies0805-ebay)

IMG_3271-1.jpg

Trinidad Yellow Scorpion (karmalies0805-ebay)

IMG_3272-1.jpg

IMG_3274-1.jpg

Purple Bhut (melissa77754)

IMG_3273-1.jpg

Chocolate TS (melissa77754)

IMG_3267-1.jpg

Red Savina

IMG_3269-1.jpg

TS Morouga

IMG_3275-1.jpg

WE ARE FAMILY.....

cant forget a couple

IMG_3248.jpg

purple & green tomatillo

IMG_3282.jpg

Bitter Melons

Everything is looking great! Nice and green too! I ate a couple of those yellow scorpions, you're really going to like that pepper.

Very pretty plants KD! Nice work!

I've got volunteer green tomatillos coming up in my yard—I'm going to dig them up and replant in the garden...

I'm impressed that you are hip to the Bitter Melon!

Gary

Nice selection of pepper plants.

I agree with Gary the Bitter Melon is hip. I haven't grown it but I do occasionally buy it with some Chayote and add those to a homemade Jamaican Chutney.....fired up with plenty of Scotch Bonnets........it's Hot ...mon

Greg

Shane. Excited try out the peppers. Can't wait. Last week I bit into my Pequin. The other day I ate a whole dried up devils tongue from Gary. Awesome that I was able to tolerate more than the Pequin. And as for the bitter melon (ampalaya). Aside from me being Filipino. My grandfather use to grow these back in Louisiana. Last year I had a couple but couldn't thrive. Mainly due it being next to Brussel sprouts infested with aphids. This year I planted a few more than usual. I really hope to get some awesome pods from these peppers.

Gary. I'll be sowing the seeds from the pods you sent me. My Jamaican and costs rican coworker were thrilled to see them. Got me some blue ribbon potting soil to throw them in. Also waiting for a seed train to come my way.

THP is awesome. I started watching YouTube videos.b somehow I found THP. And here I am now. Going to give the 6ft tall Pequin a haircut. Don't know how much of it to cut
4186058b.jpg

Nice selection of pepper plants.

I agree with Gary the Bitter Melon is hip. I haven't grown it but I do occasionally buy it with some Chayote and add those to a homemade Jamaican Chutney.....fired up with plenty of Scotch Bonnets........it's Hot ...mon

Greg

you have to get me the receipe of the chutney

b3305f80.jpg

Bracing for the storm. Keeping them dry and warm.

76728778.jpg

Wanted to be a little corny. 2 sisters. Will plant some squash to make it 3 sisters garden. Yes. They're close. But my philosophy has always been survival of the fitness. The strong shall survive.

Your grow is lookin sick! Your Hot houses are about full arent they! I like that youve got some corn in your garden too. I think corn is just a cool looking plant to grow.

Shane. Excited try out the peppers. Can't wait. Last week I bit into my Pequin. The other day I ate a whole dried up devils tongue from Gary. Awesome that I was able to tolerate more than the Pequin. And as for the bitter melon (ampalaya). Aside from me being Filipino. My grandfather use to grow these back in Louisiana. Last year I had a couple but couldn't thrive. Mainly due it being next to Brussel sprouts infested with aphids. This year I planted a few more than usual. I really hope to get some awesome pods from these peppers.

Gary. I'll be sowing the seeds from the pods you sent me. My Jamaican and costs rican coworker were thrilled to see them. Got me some blue ribbon potting soil to throw them in. Also waiting for a seed train to come my way.

THP is awesome. I started watching YouTube videos.b somehow I found THP. And here I am now. Going to give the 6ft tall Pequin a haircut. Don't know how much of it to cut

A tip of the hat to you, sir. The Devil's Tongue chile does not play. Where did your grandfather live in Louisiana?

I think you will be glad you planted the Congo Trinidad. It's crazy productive, real versatile, and way flavorful and aromatic...

In that Pequin photo...Is that a chile plant, with the crazy thick, tall trunks? Wow! I've never grown that one, but this year I have several "Texas Piquin" from seed from perennial plants that grow at a house in Austin, Texas (Thanks Brian, a.k.a. Smiter Q). I'm going to put them in the ground at my house, to see if they will overwinter outside...

Your grow is looking great! I love those little greenhouses...Where did you get them?

Gary

Gary---devils tongue and congo were awesome... i powdered them and threw them on my ribeyes... taste great.....one on each steak...as for the pequin.. yes its a 5-6ft tall pequin.. i need to give it a hair cut and put some support so it doesnt fall over.. its been there for years and we use it to cook with everything..

as for my grandpa.. we used to live in MAReRo LA.. 70072... if i recall... thats all i remember.. i went to ESTELLE ELEMENTARy then.. 88-89 while back for me...
as for the congos.. i cant wait....

so excited about seeds ccoming my way.. already dreaming about the SEED train... CHOOO CHOOO... fo realz. i had a dream about it last night

My corn is only a few inches tall...Mandan Parching Corn. Should be cool. Thanks Pash!!! Hope the train brings you the seeds of your dreams! One brought me the parching corn! Got a care package from the guy ahead of me which included several cool plants for my son to grow. You should work something out with the person ahead and behind you. Even though Pash sent to me, I hit him back with some stuff he was looking for...and some that he didn't expect. I also forwarded some stuff to Gumbii who was after me. That was the best part of the train for me. Made some really good friends.

Cool beans Shane. I should update my grow list. Errr put a grow list and non pepper list. Maybr some will want other things. Ive been looking for Persian cucumbers. I got the wrong ones. Got Armenian cukes. Although that's good too. Choo choo

What a difference 30 days can make. I was hesitant to buy them at the arborateum since they all looked yellow. But all. Is well.

d96d896a.jpg

One of two bhuts I got

2f92989c.jpg

Congo Trinidad.

2f92989c.jpg

Mustard habaƱero.

Looks good Dennis!

This "storm" is turning out to be a really doozy huh?

Did you find out from the arborateum that their Trinidad Scoprion peppers are Butch T.'s?

I asked if they knew what strain they were when I bought mine at the Tomato and Pepper sale a while back and they people I talked to had no clue.

Back