• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D|KiNG's Humble growlog...2012---little girls sprinkle some powder on their food

so.... again this is my 1st year of planting peppers... i know i know some i bought at the store/arborateum/people but i also planted some frome seeds and have learned so much.... here are a couple of my mistakes
IMG_2883.jpg
my girls decided to help daddy and put a TON of water in these bhuts...
IMG_2882.jpg
what can i do to revive them???
IMG_2901.jpg
started off strong now this.... why did it become weak like this???
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2902.jpg
purchased some jamaican scotch bonnets from TRADEWINDS... and this is what i got so for from this packetno i didn't mislabel them or did i mix my seeds up...will the real jamaican please stand up...
IMG_2899.jpg
IMG_2898.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg
IMG_2896.jpg
other pics can be found on herehttp://thehotpepper....started-a-blog/http://thehotpepper....ot-pepper-pics/

Wiz. Wish I knew. Only
Way to find out is wait it out. Rain was good.
Excited to see what it will be. Pm me your info so we can discuss meeting whenever you get the train. That's cool you went to it as well. I went both days. Saturday was cut short because it rained so hard and was windy. Sunday. I got another bhut but no more "Trinidad scorpion ".
The following month I went to the green scene wish was cool. I got a couple more. :).

got jealous of PinoyPride's Aero garden... decided to pick a couple up myself.. hope it works as well as his did.. wont be getting plugs and nutes till next week....L-R Satan's kiss (4/05) yellow bhut (3/22) Naga Morich and Lemon Habanero (3/13)

80bf8718.jpg

Aero #1

efe6cc9d.jpg

Aero # 2

5dcb3d91.jpg

we're in a warm state.. we just dont like to follow the lunar calendar.. we like the MAYAN instead... and since they end of the world is in a few months.. why not send some pods this way.. so at least i can say i died trying pods hahha thanks for dropping by

You need to move to Florida and get out of that cold state your in :rofl:
I know right?!?!

King...what pi$$es me off...is two days ago they were calling for 10 days straight sunshine! You'd think they could get the weather right in Socal...I think we get all the weather flunkies out here. Because about 330 days out of the year they can call for sunny and 78 with a low of 55 and be dead on...

we're in a warm state.. we just dont like to follow the lunar calendar.. we like the MAYAN instead... and since they end of the world is in a few months.. why not send some pods this way.. so at least i can say i died trying pods hahha thanks for dropping by
You'll have some pods brother! Between us Socal growers at least one of us is gonna put up some decent #'s...my money is on Socal or Melissa!

I know right?!?!

King...what pi$$es me off...is two days ago they were calling for 10 days straight sunshine! You'd think they could get the weather right in Socal...I think we get all the weather flunkies out here. Because about 330 days out of the year they can call for sunny and 78 with a low of 55 and be dead on...

You'll have some pods brother! Between us Socal growers at least one of us is gonna put up some decent #'s...my money is on Socal or Melissa!

For sure. It will be Melissa and SoCal and yourself. Maybe me with the help of your plants. Today I will transplant the 1 gal i got from Melissa and mix them with blue ribbon soil. And perlite. Can't waitttttt

Dennis your plants look great I wish I could have made room for a purple bhut I just love the color of the leaves it was to late and not enough room maybe next year. Hmmm I see we are discussing about pods well I wish I could guarantee something :crazy: like 2000 to 5000 pods one person can dream. I think Melissa will take the pod crown for SouthernCali :clap:, but I will try to at least match. Good through the season

Since there's no sun. I need to provide some lighting for the little ones.

8552a3cd.jpg

526269be.jpg

If the weather is like this all week. Is this the best time to plant hardened plants. ?!

Perfect time to plant the ones that are used to the sun...should be a low stress few days for them to recover from the transplant.

So here is my growlist for 2012. Decided to finally jot it down on here. Some store bought. Some arborateum. Some from Melissa. And a few giveaways.

Arborateum:
Bulgarian carrot (2)
Bhut jolokia (2)
Bolivian rainbow
Caribbean red
Congo Trinidad
Habañero (lemon/mustard
Scotch bonnets (3)
Yellow mushroom (2)
Jamaican yellow (3)
Trinidad perfume
Trinidad scorpion ("worlds hottest")

Melissa bought:
Peach bhut jolokia
Purple bhut
TS morouga
Butch-T
Orange Thai chili
Padron
TS chocolate
Red savina

eBay.:
Trinidad yellow scorpion
7 pot Trinidad

Shane:
Manzano
Bishops crown
Red Caribbean
7pot (unknw)
Goccia D'oro

My own grown:
Bhut jolokia (yellow/chocolate) (5)
Carribean red (5)
Congo Trinidad (5)
Datil (2) yellow
Fatalii red (3) yellow (5)
Habañero chocolate (5) orange (5) lemon (7)
Naga morich (10)
Scotch bonnet red(3) orange(2) Jamaican (8)
Satans kiss (5)

Home depot bought:
Cayenne
Gypsy
Tabasco
Jalapeño
Hungarian wax
Hot/sweet banana
Pimiento

Next year (if we have a next season). I will start early and have a better head start. I bought plants to support and get a head start. Still put it on grow list because I am still providing care. I planted a lot with the thought of having some not make it. Which ever other plants I get to grow big will be given as gifts or if I can find buyers. Not in it to make money but to have the resources. Nothing like growing your own. Along with hot peppers. I also take time to do other veggies.

I have :
7 varieties of squashes.
3 varieties of beans
2 varieties of okra.
4 varieties of corn
6 varieties of cucumbers
7 varieties of eggplants
12 varieties of tomatoes
2 tomatillos and 2 cherry tomatoes
And 4 bell peppers.
5 different melons including tiger melon
Bittermelons
Brussel sprouts
Artichoke

That and also grow avocados, persimmons, apples, guavas, loquat, pomegranate, grapefruit, Asian pear and kumquat.

We have 5000 sq ft backyard. So. It's a lot to maintain. Will add more if I missed anything

Dennis,
Those 7 Pots were labeled Large Yellow, but they are open pollinated so no telling what you'll get!

Kept my potted ones outside overnight and they are filled with gnats. Aaaahhhhh.
FYI top soil is dry.
1. Why.
2 is this a problem
3. How to get rid of them

222eed53.jpg

Top L-R.
Red savina , purple bhut jolokia, TS morouga, Trinidad yellow scorpion, 7pot yellow, scotch bonnet

Bottom L-R
Goccia d' oro, TS chocolate, bishops crown, manzano, Trinidad scorpion (butch-t??), peach bhut jolokia.

88942017.jpg

Goccia d'oro rootball

5c875c40.jpg

Red savina and purple bhut jolokia

1ce2d5ac.jpg

Don't know how the bees are suppose to get to the zucchini flowers!!!

7aa4989e.jpg

Thanks Shane. This is what the wife does.

Back