• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

Say, Michael, everything looks just great!

Can't wait to watch those crosses develop!

SentencedToBurn said:
Hey another update, one is finally ripening, hopefully in the next few weeks will have heaps more. About 10 more plants are podding but have smaller pods, so should have a good rande of pods to select from.

Aji Inti F3 plant 1:
23_02_2017_Aji_Inti_F3_plant_1.jpg

Aji Inti F3 Plant 2:
23_02_2017_Aji_Inti_F3_plant_2.jpg

D3 Goat F2 Plant 1:
23_02_2017_D3_Goat_F2_Plant_1.jpg

D3 Goat F2 Plant 2:
23_02_2017_D3_Goat_F2_Plant_2.jpg

El Scorpenero F2:
23_02_2017_El_Scorpenero_F2.jpg
Not sure about you but I like the look of the first aji inti best. Though I suppose taste is more important.

Can't wait to watch the reviews

This plant is the largest of the aji painapple so far

BQDh8B1.jpg

cLg8P2d.jpg

Wyc0U7R.jpg

My aji inti f3

TtbcMBa.jpg

Aji amarillo x caribbean red habanero has some weird compact growth

Plant 1

VreBvd5.jpg

CpI6Djw.jpg

Plant 2

ChiuTpT.jpg

Devils prick 

H5HnsbA.jpg

Here's the two dark foliage cross candidates for this year. Not sure what they going to get crossed with yet. Probably a bonnet 

JlMT3TT.jpg

ARFejeD.jpg

Another dark foliage option is Blue Christmas but it hasn't germinated yet. 

Just got back from a 5 day trip to Aussie only to find both D3 Goat pods ripen up. And how different can they both be, the shape is way different, the texture is different, and the colour. I still have 2 (I think) more D3 goat plants with pods on them, so will see what they're like. Will wait a couple of weeks before the taste test to ensure they are well ripened up so can collect all seeds.

D3 Goat F2 Plant 1

2017_03_01_12_06_48.jpg

D3 Goat F2 Plant 2

2017_03_01_12_08_10.jpg

SentencedToBurn said:
Just got back from a 5 day trip to Aussie only to find both D3 Goat pods ripen up. And how different can they both be, the shape is way different, the texture is different, and the colour. I still have 2 (I think) more D3 goat plants with pods on them, so will see what they're like. Will wait a couple of weeks before the taste test to ensure they are well ripened up so can collect all seeds.

D3 Goat F2 Plant 1

2017_03_01_12_06_48.jpg

D3 Goat F2 Plant 2

2017_03_01_12_08_10.jpg

Freaking awesome! That's a really bright yellow too! Can't wait to hear how they taste. That's why f2 is so much fun. Curious to see which ones everyone else gets this summer too.

I've just emailed a few mates who have helped me do reviews, gonna try do it weekend 10th/11th of March, so will edit and post the outcome by then. Hopefully will have a 3rd D3 goat plant give us a ripe pod by then, but we'll see. (will make sure I save a few pods off each plant to ripen properly for seeds).

Peter S said:
Here's my Aji Painapple in the AG Bounty from yesterday.

DKzsHDvh.jpg

Oh wow, it's really taken off. See some flowers already! 

Anyone else growing any the crosses this year? 

We're doing the first review of the D3 Goat F2 this Sunday afternoon, so I'll have it up later in the day (so it'll be done by like Sunday morning your time). It's possible that the 2nd El Scorpenero plant gets a ripe pod, then we'll do those as well, but I definitely want to only do tests when we have different variants to compare it to.

We had some strong winds last few days so I moved all plants that have pods tied up on them to a secure spot around the other side of the house.

Aji Inti F3 plant 1 - starting to ripen up. Plant 2 is still green, but a lot more pods though, and very different leaves much darker, etc.
9_03_2017_Aji_Inti_F3_plant_1.jpg

3 El Scorpenero plants with pods, only 1 is ripe so far, I have 2 more plants but they havent set yet.
9_03_2017_El_Scorpenero_plants.jpg

D3 goat, there are 3 more plants which havent set, but these 5 have all got pods on them. This Sunday we'll just test the two ripe ones. Hopefully may get a 3rd ripe one, but will see. I'll definitely keep some there for ages to collect seeds from.
9_03_2017_D3_Goat_plants.jpg

SentencedToBurn said:
We're doing the first review of the D3 Goat F2 this Sunday afternoon, so I'll have it up later in the day (so it'll be done by like Sunday morning your time). It's possible that the 2nd El Scorpenero plant gets a ripe pod, then we'll do those as well, but I definitely want to only do tests when we have different variants to compare it to.

We had some strong winds last few days so I moved all plants that have pods tied up on them to a secure spot around the other side of the house.

Aji Inti F3 plant 1 - starting to ripen up. Plant 2 is still green, but a lot more pods though, and very different leaves much darker, etc.
9_03_2017_Aji_Inti_F3_plant_1.jpg

3 El Scorpenero plants with pods, only 1 is ripe so far, I have 2 more plants but they havent set yet.

Awesome,  surprised to see yellow, bright one too. The one on the left has a monster pod!  :shocked:  Plant on right has some gnarly leaf spot going on. The father butch T scorpion was pretty prone to it indoors but outdoors it was non existent. 

9_03_2017_El_Scorpenero_plants.jpg

D3 goat, there are 3 more plants which havent set, but these 5 have all got pods on them. This Sunday we'll just test the two ripe ones. Hopefully \
may get a 3rd ripe one, but will see. I'll definitely keep some there for ages to collect seeds from.

I kind of like the pod shape of the red one, has that butlah type shape. Far left too. Looks like it has potential for some tails. 

9_03_2017_D3_Goat_plants.jpg

Look forward to watching the reviews. Hopefully maybe a aji inti will be  ripe by then as well. 

Yeah all these plants stayed indoors until about 6 weeks ago when I had to pull them out, the heat just got too much. There was a big aphids problem which I've sorted with the wasps. But yeah some plants are still recovering. I'm just glad I kept them alive till the fruit ripened haha.

And yeah I'll be taking heaps of close up pics of each plant, and the D3 goat on the left does have a tail. I was gonna wait another week for the test but the red one has been ripe for a while now so I don't wanna leave it tehre for too long.

We'll probably do another review after that like 1-2 weeks later to make sure we covering off all varieties etc.

I'm glad the red f2 isn't bitter. The f1 was really hot and bitter. (over 1mil-ish) 

Sounds like the Red is the keeper out of those two. I like the shape better too. Heat sounds about perfect. I'm not overly into 1mil+. Most of this years grow is around bonnet level heat.  300-500k my favorite range for powders and stuff. 

Sounds like the yellow got the bitter. I like the color but doesn't sound like it's a winner of the group. 

Thanks so much for posting this. 

Back