• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Datil pepper problems - virus?

Hello! Looking for some advice. Datil plants are showing some sort virus on the bottom leaves, wondering if anyone could identify/confirm blight or some other virus. I realize there's no way to determine between the different viruses. Top of the plant doesn't have the spots, looks OK. Any advice besides removal of anymore affected leaves? Should I pull the whole plant? Try something like Actinovate? I'm in Florida btw.

I was so excited about datils this year! Maybe next year. :)

pepper-problems-01-e1436360466399-683x1024.jpg

pepper-problems-02-1024x683.jpg

pepper-problems-03-1024x683.jpg

To me it looks like a case of too much rain or watering causing some BLS and leaf curl . Remove some of the bad leaves and spray with a copper fungicide or old school 1/2 skim milk and water foliar  spray . Try to get some air to the roots by letting it dry out . Maybe some Epsom salt and that plant should bounce back .  

Romy6, thank you for the feedback! I will give that a shot. They are in an Earthbox and I've already dumped out the water. I'll grab some fungicide first and try the epsom salts too if that doesn't work. Thanks again!

Back