• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2018-Loving life in the dirt

Here we go again! ;)

This year will be a mix of in the dirt and container growing. Mostly in the dirt. I have some OW's going, 5 are cut back, 6 are pubes that still spend time outdoors as the weather allows. I have pH issues in the dirt, working on that, and hoping for some better results this season. One thing the wife and I decided is to NOT grow into the fall again. I was pulling plants the same weekend I started my seeds. I'm using 4 2 bulb T8's with 6,500K bulbs, and 1 4 bulb T5 with I believe 6,500K bulbs.

So here's the list:

Planted 12-3-17

~Aji Amarillo
~Aji Dulce
~Scotchbrain
~Scotchbrain-Morugawelder
~P. Dreadie's-Windchicken
~BOC-Windchicken
 JA Habs
~Aji Oro
~pdn-bonda w PaulG
~pdn-bonda p PaulG
~pumpkin bb6-Morugawelder
~pumpkin bubblegum Bhuter
~orangegum tigermamp Bhuter
~7-pot cinder Bhuter
~pimente-neyde Bhuter
~Big Black mama-OCD Chilihead
~Brainstrain-Reaper OCD Chilihead

Planted 12-30-2017

~Jalapeno-Zapotec, Orange, Farmers.
~Poblano
~Bell-Yellow, Red.
~padrons
Hot Hatch
~Ancho
~Antep Aci Dolma
~Big Jim
~Anaheim
~Large Orange Thai
~Gochu-Stickman
~Aji Limo Rojo
Jimmy Nardello

Planted 1-1-2018

~Yellow Brainstrain- Pepperguru

The ~ indicates we have lift off.

I planted extra early to beat the heat, hoping for pods before the temps go crazy. I may have to buy more lights...LOL

Pics sometime tomorrow ;)

Not much going on in the garden, things are starting to actually grow. I was trimming the maters lower leaves and hit a few of the bonnets.

I came this close!

109.jpg

Here I think I pissed it off!

110.jpg

Should have some more pics this week after things normalize. And there's a reason I didn't start a new glog this season and just..well rolled this one over. I'm finally back at it playing catsup after 6 months of sitting on my hands. The shoulder is back!

Devv, glad to hear your shoulder is treating you well again.  It's a great feeling when you suddenly realize that a cold or injury is finally just... gone.  And also glad you didn't pick up a BW bite.  I've seen a couple of those before and they didn't look like a lot of fun.  Will be looking forward to those pics of how things are doing.

CaneDog said:
Devv, glad to hear your shoulder is treating you well again.  It's a great feeling when you suddenly realize that a cold or injury is finally just... gone.  And also glad you didn't pick up a BW bite.  I've seen a couple of those before and they didn't look like a lot of fun.  Will be looking forward to those pics of how things are doing.

Thanks, it's great to be able to work outside again. It was 2 old injuries from the 80's, yeah that old..and I have to give credit to the people @ Airrosti. They're a deep tissue chiropractor-rehab facility, they hurt ya but help ya. I knew the rehab routine once they broke that scar tissue loose. I still ice 3-4 times a day and do the exercises; but if at 60, I can still get on the roof and run that Stihl HT131 pole saw fully extended, I'm good!

I came home from work and hit all the nightshades with some nutes and watered them. If anything I'm guilty of being too cautious when it come to feeding the plants.

So I took a few pics with my phone, which is new to me, but dang it's easy and the pics are eh? OK

111.jpg

112.jpg

The best of the Growdown plants

113.jpg

#2, off course I will shamelessly double post these somewhere else :rolleyes:

114.jpg

115.jpg

2 of Paul's Purples

116.jpg

This 'should' be a P. Dreadie, but 'could' be a B Goat. I tried to get the pods but the dang plant is so low and it didn't come out well..

117.jpg

Sugar Rush Cream, gotta love the Bac's ;)

118.jpg

Pepper row!

119.jpg

Large Orange Thai, LB just loves to use these in anything she can put them in. Too cool that she's using the peppers finally

120.jpg

Maters!

stettoman said:
When I lived in Arkansas, they called a rickety wood ladder a "widder-maker".

There were shiny black spiders with red Rorschach pictures on them too. They called those "widders".

What they call here for Widder-Maker is a Hackberry tree. You climb one and chances are.....

Weather is supposed to get crazy these next few days 41° as the week starts? Not cool, then probably 90° the following week...the way things have been around here the last few years... :crazy: :shocked:

A few pics before the wind beats the hell out of my plants, well it's already happening, pics just before it started..

122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

Sugar Rush Cream, I have two, and both are pod setters.

126.jpg

125.jpg

P. Dreadie, Oh LB picked a few pods that were ripe from one of them today...hang on...

147.jpg

First ripe pods! :onfire:  One will go with breakfast :P
127.jpg

128.jpg

140.jpg

Zapotec Jal's, getting there..

129.jpg

Ancho's, note the leaves the Aphids hit before I kill-hided them...

130.jpg

Gochu's, where are you Rick?

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

Paul's purple plants

Well they still got the too many pics rule :confused:

135.jpg

Large Orange Thai plant

136.jpg

Bell's are coming on, Orange type.

137.jpg

138.jpg

Grow Down plant

139.jpg

Big Jim's podding..

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

Aji Amarillo

144.jpg

In the raised bed, hopefully one of Paul's White plants. A Mystery...so far

145.jpg

White Bhut

146.jpg

Aji Arnaucho

148.jpg

Quick Turkey pic behind the house. They move fast!

Devv said:
Well they still got the too many pics rule :confused: Maybe, but your viewers sure don't!

137.jpg

Grow Down plant

Really enjoying the plant-out pics, especially now when it's too early for me, but not that far away.  Plants are looking great and ready to take off.  Hope the winds don't hit 'em too hard.

Did you name your growdown plant "Ed?"

Devv said:
Well they still got the too many pics rule :confused:

135.jpg

Large Orange Thai plant

136.jpg

Bell's are coming on, Orange type.

137.jpg

138.jpg

Grow Down plant

139.jpg

Big Jim's podding..

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

Aji Amarillo

144.jpg

In the raised bed, hopefully one of Paul's White plants. A Mystery...so far

145.jpg

White Bhut

146.jpg

Aji Arnaucho

148.jpg

Quick Turkey pic behind the house. They move fast!
Mmmmm lunch plants look great [emoji6]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

CaneDog said:

Really enjoying the plant-out pics, especially now when it's too early for me, but not that far away.  Plants are looking great and ready to take off.  Hope the winds don't hit 'em too hard.

Did you name your growdown plant "Ed?"

Thanks CD!

I fenced the garden with 16 year old repurposed deck materials, or it would be mas hosed right now.

I think I named that plant GD :D :rolleyes: 

Sinn said:
Mmmmm lunch plants look great [emoji6]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ate a Yellow Bonnet (P. Dreadie) with breakfast yesterday, no heat what so ever. Early cold pod ;)

That was just 2 turkeys, sometimes we count over 20 in the field. I used to hunt them until I had to clean one..LOL

Well this weekends pics have to be postponed. We had a mean windy storm come through early this morning and kick the crap out of the garden. Will take some once things straighten up some. Maters did OK :rolleyes:

Peppers mostly got flattened. I had one P. Dreadie lose half it's crown, spent an hour plus "fixing things" and cleaning the mud off of the leaves

Back