• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's 2014- Stick a fork in me, I'm done....

Time for the 2014 start...

Many of these plants were made possible by the generous people of the THP sending me seeds and pods Thanks!

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and dirt day!

I have a bunch of seeds started, and plants at all the stages.

Here's the grow bench, a T8 x4 on top and T5 x4 on the bottom, as you can see it's loaded.

0.JPG

Top rack:
1.JPG

Bottom rack:
2.JPG

I like starting the seeds in Jiffy Pellets, as soon as they stand up I trim the mesh off and plant them 1/2" proud in a pot, or in this case a cup.

Red Rocotto the lonely Pube..
12.JPG

A few plants living under the T5, I'm super impressed with this light!

Choc Hab

4.JPG

Bhut x Y7 x Choc Bhut Douglah-Spicegeist

5.JPG

Bhut x Y7 F2-Spicegeist
6.JPG

Yellow Cardi- Jamie
7.JPG

Choc Scorp-Ramon
8.JPG

Peach Bhut- Annie
9.JPG

Going to do some tilling will post more later

Yeah same thing here Scott. Garden perks up really nice overnight. Looks fantastic right now at 4:30am. Don't want one of the neighbors mistaking me for the bear that's been hanging around. I better go to work before I get shot. LOL.

Have a good day.

Chuck

MeatHead1313 said:
Looks similar to some of my plants when I get home. Our temps haven't hit that high yet, been in the low 90's with extremely high humidity lately. Supposed to be a "cold" front coming through tomorrow here. Are you going to be getting it as well? 

We have some rain forecast, not cooler temps. I'm hoping we get some rain!

thirdcoasttx said:
That front is supposed to stall over central Texas bringing some rain to my area.

Boy I'm praying for rain, San Antonio is getting ready for stage 4 rationing. And the turds are drilling into my aquifer so they can pump from the Carrizzo to the Edwards
OCD Chilehead said:
Yeah same thing here Scott. Garden perks up really nice overnight. Looks fantastic right now at 4:30am. Don't want one of the neighbors mistaking me for the bear that's been hanging around. I better go to work before I get shot. LOL.

Have a good day.

Chuck

I'd be wearing one of those miner lights for sure, no bears here. But a few years ago we had mountian lions take 4 calves off the place north and east of us. Ever hear one of them scream? It will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Thank you, Scotty!!

I've identified most--that Bishop's Crown is GONE--are there sunrise scorps in here? Choc Scorp? Douglah or Brown Moruga? If those are not serranos, don't tell me :rofl: . Yellow 7, looks like Bonda MJ, Aji Limon, OThai, orange hab? (just in case might be orange Primo :shocked: ), Jigsaw and some red bhuts, sunrise scorps? Or kind look like Peruvian Serlano or . . . THANK YOU! (Just want to know for seed saving as man, I NEED these for "natural high."!) Again thank you and LB, SO much!

AnnsGlog20147-15-14Scottgifting_zps631dd68d.jpg

annie57 said:
Thank you, Scotty!!

I've identified most--that Bishop's Crown is GONE--are there sunrise scorps in here? Choc Scorp? Douglah or Brown Moruga? If those are not serranos, don't tell me :rofl: . Yellow 7, looks like Bonda MJ, Aji Limon, OThai, orange hab? (just in case might be orange Primo :shocked: ), Jigsaw and some red bhuts, sunrise scorps? Or kind look like Peruvian Serlano or . . . THANK YOU! (Just want to know for seed saving as man, I NEED these for "natural high."!) Again thank you and LB, SO much!

AnnsGlog20147-15-14Scottgifting_zps631dd68d.jpg

First off glad they got there! And you're very welcome. Enjoy!

I'll do my best on the ID, I've slept since :shh:

Top left moving right. Bonda, seeds from your pods ;) Costeno Amarillo, Giant Yellow 7, seeds from your pods. The reds besides the jigsaw are a mix of Bhut x Yellow7, and Bhut x Yellow7 X bhut x douglah, seeds from Charles.

Bottom row, Aji's I just mix the lemon's and Pineapple's. I would say one of each. Funky Reaper's from the mother plant. Yes serrano's, I was trying to stuff the box and was running low. Not the best looking Choc scorp, the red is a cross mentioned above. JA Hab, a not so giant yellow 7 :) And a choc 7 pot. Seeds from John.

thirdcoasttx said:
So the small gnarled red ones are funky reapers correct?

Yes sir! And they're from the mother plant I grew last year, it survived my OW attempt and just jumped right in the season and is doing what it does best, cranking out pods.

I did some picking today, hit the easy to see pods. I have to do more picking tomorrow, as we fly to SC Thursday.

1120.jpg

1121.jpg

1122.jpg

White Bhut, having more of a Bhut shape. Some look really hab-ish. But the flavor is killer, freezing these for a sauce!

1123.jpg

Not the greatest pic, but I have some MoA's that actually look like MoA's!

randyp said:
     Don't let them fool ya,I took a nibble off of one"This is'nt so bad'.Took a big chomp up to were the seeds would be and then it hit me.Sides of the mouth,got it up my nose,holy hell it was hot. :P

Yeah, they are a tiny pepper that packs a nice punch with good flavor to boot!

thirdcoasttx said:
Awesome I think I'm gonna pull some seeds if you dont mind

Heck yeah! Grow those out and share!

Don't let them fool ya,I took a nibble off of one"This is'nt so bad'.Took a big chomp up to were the seeds would be and then it hit me.Sides of the mouth,got it up my nose,holy hell it was hot. :P

Damn you aint lyin I'm sweating right now. My whole tongue and cheeks are on fire.

Yeah, they are a tiny pepper that packs a nice punch with good flavor to boot!

Heck yeah! Grow those out and share!

Awesome thanks again brother. These pods are great.

thirdcoasttx said:
Damn you aint lyin I'm sweating right now. My whole tongue and cheeks are on fire.
Awesome thanks again brother. These pods are great.

Those pods came from seeds I purchased from Pepper Joe. I planted 6, lost  one and 4 were true Reapers, and then there's the Funky. Just a tad milder than a true Reaper, but IMHO a better flavor. The really cool thing is the plant podded up all summer, regardless of the temps. Where the true Reapers didn't give me any real amount of pods until fall.

Nice looking pull again Scott. And that white bhut looks outstanding! Nice shape on the MoA too.
I meant to ask about the small gnarly red pods in the box you sent me. I'm assuming they're funky reapers too?

MeatHead1313 said:
Nice looking pull again Scott. And that white bhut looks outstanding! Nice shape on the MoA too.
I meant to ask about the small gnarly red pods in the box you sent me. I'm assuming they're funky reapers too?

Yes, have you tried one yet? Tasty but hot for a small pepper.

Devv said:
Yes, have you tried one yet? Tasty but hot for a small pepper.
Just tried a piece. Can't put my finger of it but the taste reminded me of something. Very tasty pod. Great hit of heat from the small piece I tried too that's lingering a bit.

Nice moa pod. Haha lack of water on your end. Guess what. It rained again today here ; (. Hoping copper will help. Worth a try. Great grow man. Huge grow.

Wow those Jigsaws look great, I had three seeds sent to me, but none of the seeds germinated, oh well there is always another year, I had a Biker guy move in a couple of apartments away, he's a bit loud with his music but likes to BBQ and drink Beer and eat peppers, He's heard that I grow some mean peppers and asked me if I had any, I had a handful of jumbo jalapenos and some African Cayennes at the time so I gave him and got a few beers in return, but was was unhappy that My really hot ones may not turn ripe till September as I have had lousy luck with my super hots this year, mainly weather problems so all my really hot ones are a month or more behind. Lousy luck, I might have to buy a small box of super hots just to keep him and me happy.  If any one has a few jigsaw seeds they could share I will put them in my next years grow.

Damn, I don't think I've ever been this jealous of you guys in warmer climates. My pods are still green and oh so small...damn you Illinois :'(. Impressive bro, at least I can live vicariously through your Glog...and I can pray that I'll get pods before winter...smh
Jerry

Well, it's my turn to thank the man with easily one of the most impressive grows on THP.  Yeah, he sent this peon a box of the fruits of his labor.  Scott, I showed a buddy at work a photo of your pods you sent me.  He's not a pepper-head like us, but, he replied, "You have a good community there".  Who can doubt it when a relative stranger digs into his wallet to send another relative stranger something like this?  I'm embarrassed, and grateful, sir.  Alright, alright...on to the box.

I read Annie's post.  Are those the Funky Reapers, clustered on the left(3)?  Can you identify the others, please?  Sorry, I'm green.

The middle is a Costeno Amarillo?  Never heard of it!  I'm eating one tomorrow.  How about the other two, on either side?

They say things are bigger in Texas.  Generosity might be one of them.  Wow...

Back