• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking different pasta sauce

want to change your pasta/spaghetti sauce up a little bit?

smoke the meatballs the next time.

for these meatballs the ingredients are simple. lean ground beef,hot italian sausage and a little parmesan cheese.

smoke for a couple of hours with the wood of your choice and enjoy

the mixture
1020233o.jpg

decided to throw in some little beef sausages to snack on later along with the meatballs
1020236.jpg

in the smoker
1020238.jpg

holding a very nice temp
1020249.jpg

1020256.jpg

kodak camera - inside the smoker
img0001upd.jpg

canon camera
img0002qar.jpg

img0004vqn.jpg

marinara/pasta/spaghetti sauce pics to follow either tonight or tomorrow

Dude, thou hast skills. Props to you. You raise the bar on food-domkind for all those who are lucky enough to know you. Respect.

This looks really good! Do you simmer in sauce afterward? I always do this with meatballs, and I imagine it would give the sauce a nice smoky flavor, and tame the smokiness of the meatballs a bit.

Nice one!!!

thehotpepper.com said:
This looks really good! Do you simmer in sauce afterward? I always do this with meatballs, and I imagine it would give the sauce a nice smoky flavor, and tame the smokiness of the meatballs a bit.

Nice one!!!

thanks everyone...

yes i always simmer the meatballs in sauce afterwards. since the smoke flavor will take over anything you cook, i prefer to use a mild wood such as apple,maple or cherry to smoke with on these occasions.

since the meatballs are in for such a short time in the smoker they really dont get an overpowering smoke flavor - it seems they get just enough

tomorrow i will post the sauce recipe as well as the final pics of what this sauce is going on.. right now its a highly guarded secret because i am entering a contest on another board and there are members of that board on here as well..lol

so they will have to wait until tomorrow as well..lol

The more I think about this, the more I like it. The smoky tomato sauce is what gets me... I can taste it! Sounds delish!! Smoked mozz anyone?? LOL, okay probably too much smoke....

thehotpepper.com said:
The more I think about this, the more I like it. The smoky tomato sauce is what gets me... I can taste it! Sounds delish!! Smoked mozz anyone?? LOL, okay probably too much smoke....

nope actually smoked mozza is good... i like to smoke it again with a fruit wood briefly... i smoke cheese every chance i get the chance

Yeah, I love smoked mozz. Make some heroes ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
Yeah, I love smoked mozz. Make some heroes ;)

do you smoke it yourself?

its quite easy...using your existing grill or bbq

take a new soldering iron, a tin can, sure you can figure out the rest..lol

No I usually buy locally smoked mozz here.

Please post the best way to smoke it in a new thread if you can (offset smoker). I'd like to try.

small update..more to come as it cooks and the whole meal is plated

cut up some veggies and roasted them

peppers,garlic,onions,mushrooms
1020289.jpg

veggies cut up and ready to go into sauce
1020297.jpg

added to the pot which contains, 3 large chopped onions,lots of black pepper,a little sugar and a can of favorite tomato sauce
1020302d.jpg

1020306.jpg

to be continued

Very nice Bam. Looks beautiful. Probably would have made me hungry if I hadn't just ate my massive burger and fries.

GOOD GOD BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks and sounds absolutly awesome!!!!!!!!!!! My mouth wont stop watering now!!!!! This is a definate MUST TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the idea!!

your welcome guys...it is a keeper recipe here... i am in a contest for BBQ'd Spaghetti on another board, where one of the ingredients must be grilled or Q'd....everybody went traditional...i as you can tell didnt..lol

this tastes as good as it looks. it has a very mild smokey flavor in the sauce,tender meatballs...each ingredient compliments the other..

my cousins 6 year old daughter ate this and said it was yummy..lol
she gave me 2 thumbs up and said it was awesome...

Wow. When I seen the smoked meatballs I thought give me a fork and get out of the way. Looking at the final product I've changed my mind. Give me a big spoon and get out of the way. You are the grill/smoker master Bam.

Now, about that smoked cheese thing you were mentioning I'm afraid I didn't get the soldering iron/tin can hints. Little help? Please?

Never mind--found it.

Back