• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense DNA tests that proved reaper= primo?

mad_farmer said:
hello.

can it be that Primo was the original creator of the strain, and then sold the rights/patent to the reaper folks, which renamed / markets it as a new strain?, Carolina reaper

Its major cash involved in this business higher up the ladder

Signed contract, paid in full,, lid on

BTW.. Hi, i am new in here
Welcome to THP. 
On Primo selling the rights to the pepper, naw.  Nice guy.  Have talked to him briefly on the subject.  I dont think he did any such thing.  On lots of cash being involved, again naw.  Primo is a down to earth working man.  What happened with the Carolina Reaper was really good marketing and PR combined with Guinness Records changing the rules so the Reaper got in and now it is really difficult for anyone else to take the title.  They had to.  For a time there the crown was changing every couple of months. 

I guess someone else could do the same, but I think most of the seed business is like everything else: If you are lucky, you get a fair price for a goodly amount of work.  I keep thinking on Jim Duffy's video around his home.  He is one of the better known seedmen.  Nice home but it is not a mansion or anything.  Just one of us working stiffs.

Back