• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Do you trim your bush?

Bush should always be neat and trimmed i don't like any actually........as far as plants go aj allday
huntsman show us some pics i havent seen any since you were mulching your yard.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
To each there own but I prefer a two finger landing strip for the trim on my bush, much hotter that way. Nice hairy bush AJ!:lol:
OMG all this time I thought you were a male.

Let's cut the innuendo and get back on track.

Well you said you had a bush so....... lol.

AJ, I see that your pepper plants in your video have some kind of fencing or are tied up some way. It looks to me like there is some kind of flexible restraint like unto "caution" tape that-----keeps them from falling over? keeps the branches off of the ground? keeps the fruit up where you can pick it without crawling on your hands and knees? Enlighten me- I'm fascinated.

thehotpepper.com said:
Well you said you had a bush so....... lol.

significant other prob.

I have been pinching and pinching buds like everyother day is it possible to pinch too many buds of then a plant won't produce buds

Celeste said:
AJ, I see that your pepper plants in your video have some kind of fencing or are tied up some way. It looks to me like there is some kind of flexible restraint like unto "caution" tape that-----keeps them from falling over? keeps the branches off of the ground? keeps the fruit up where you can pick it without crawling on your hands and knees? Enlighten me- I'm fascinated.

I'm keen to know more...

and if AJ is answering, I'm wondering about the bushes up against the house. Doesn't that create a "bug superhighway" like when the leaves touch the ground or dirt?

That is the push when you plant so many plant together they grow where there is sunlight. Many of his plants are up against a retaining wall and cannot fall that way so he only has to support the front side with the string if that makes any sense. AJ always has many great ideas that I use after seeing such genius in his pepper patch. I never trim anything unless I plan on overwintering the plant.

Celeste said:

simple answers are yes, yes, and yes...

the rope is 3/16" braided nylon rope and serves to do as you have said...I have a "T" post driven in the ground about every 15-20 feet and the rope is threaded through the holes in the T post...

salsalady said:
and if AJ is answering, I'm wondering about the bushes up against the house. Doesn't that create a "bug superhighway" like when the leaves touch the ground or dirt?

by the time the plants get big enough to need "fencing", IMO they are strong enough to handle any pests that may appear...I use extremely deadly tactics when I see ants...I use slug/ant bait...I lost almost half of my tomato plants and a few pepper plants last year to cutworms before I realized what was happening...

Back