• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2015 Grow Log

I did start my Pepper plants in 2014, but in honor of the New Year, it is time for a new album.  To start off the 2015 Chile Pepper grow log, I bring you the first Brazilian Ghost pod of the season.  This is not a great picture, as it is hard to focus on something small in the middle of the canopy.

The Pimenta de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia season has come to an end with these final 4 pods. I beat the frost and got all of the pods off, almost all of them fully ripe. The plant produced 220 pods this season, which I think is pretty awesome for something grown in a 5 gallon bucket!  Before throwing out what was left of the plant, I took 2 cuttings to preserve the lineage and have plenty of seeds.

I’m going to top this Aji Cereza all winter and spring, then put a monster in the garden when I plant out in May.  As long as I create enough nodes, at some point, I’ll put it farther away from the light, so it will stretch for the light and get taller.

The Yellow 7 Pot season is now over.  The plant wasn’t as prolific as the Pimenta de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia, but it did quite well, producing 158 pods.  I think this is pretty awesome, considering I put it out as a small cutting.

Back