• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Dried Peppers --->Powder: Question

pharmerphil said:
we got to start getting ours ground up, don't have a cofffee grinder, Best 2nd. choice is??

second best choice if you don't have a grinder - use your neighbour's grinder, actually that's probably the best choice! ;)

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I bought a coffee grinder just for my peppers...well its my second one..I returned the first one..lolI feel sorry for the person that has a coffee outa that grinder lol
now thats funny, my neighbor to the north...
first cup of coffee musta been a real B****:mouthonfire::lol:

I have heard that the way to clean a coffee/spice grinder is to use a chunk of bread. Grind it into breadcrumbs, discard the crumbs and wipe out the residue. I tried it before grinding peppers because the last thing I used the spice grinder for was cloves. It took a couple times to really get the clove smell out.

Hell when I walked into the store looking for a coffee grinder the first thing outa the salespersons mouth was is it for coffee or pot???I was like what??? lol too funny.I said peppers they looked at me like I was the one that was strange hehehe

our local Woolworths has cheap coffee grinders for $17AUD. looks like I'll be smuggling one in past the home secretary very soon... :shh::whistle:...

I'm betting you can find a coffee grinder at a yard sale for about $2. I bought one last year and love it - and the dehydrator. And yeah, chilliman - I found seeds extracted from pods that have been dehydrated don't tend to germinate, much to my regret!

Mike

Back