• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dvdpfstr's Glog

It is my first season growing super hots so I figured I would join in the Glog thread and document my efforts.

First off, my list of seeds ordered:

Habanero Orange
Habanero Red
Wasp
Trinidad Scorpions (Red, Yellow, and Mourouga Blend)
Bhut Jolokia's (Red, Yellow, and Brown)
Fatalii
7 Pod Brain Strain
7 Pod Brain Strain Yellow
Douglah
Scotch Bonnet's (Red and Yellow)
Bhut Jolokia (Indian Carbon, Bih, Dorset Naga)
Naga Morich
7 Pod (Red, Yellow, Barrack Pore)

and,

Butch T Scorpion......when it arrives, (I ordered all my seeds from pepperlover.com and the Butch T's were not in the order. I have an email in to them and I hope to get those seeds ASAP)

I actually made one order and couldn't suppress the itch to order more, so I placed a second order this past weekend and those seeds arrived today minus the Butch T's. I have those seeds soaking in water tonight and will get them in soil tomorrow night.

On top of the ones I ordered, I received quite a few "gifts" from pepperlover.com and will be planting some of those also.

Those are:
Amish Bush
pi260478
Indian p-c1

So far this is where I stand:

1 Seedling tray started.

And the second order of seeds soaking.

And, the freebies soaking.

I'll post updates as things change.

Thanks for taking a look Vermont. The plants have really taken off since I re-potted them and I waited to start giving them nutes until they were potted up. They seem to be growing noticeably each day at this point.

Thanks for taking a look Vermont. The plants have really taken off since I re-potted them and I waited to start giving them nutes until they were potted up. They seem to be growing noticeably each day at this point.
Nice job DVD,

If you don't mind my asking what temps were they exposed to between your post #12 and #18 ? My daytime temps are high 60's at best under a grow light, not as intense as yours, so I am curious if more wattage and room temps would give my plants that nice boost you seem to have found. I keep the room between 40 - 50 per cent humid as well. You are going to have your hands full of heat late this summer for sure, hope you love it, hehe...

Ghosty... :hotsauce:

Nice job DVD,

If you don't mind my asking what temps were they exposed to between your post #12 and #18 ? My daytime temps are high 60's at best under a grow light, not as intense as yours, so I am curious if more wattage and room temps would give my plants that nice boost you seem to have found. I keep the room between 40 - 50 per cent humid as well. You are going to have your hands full of heat late this summer for sure, hope you love it, hehe...

Ghosty... :hotsauce:

Thanks for taking a look Ghosty. As far as the temps where I had the plants at, the light that I bought and the room where the plants were was in a bonus room we have in our house above our garage. Until this week we have had a very warm early spring and for a couple of weeks after I re-potted the plants it stayed about 75 to 80 degrees in that room. At that same time I was putting the plants out in the sun as much as I could (like after getting home from work or on the weekends), so they were getting a fairly decent amount of natural sunlight also.

The last week or so, here in Kentucky, we've had a cold front move in with a couple of nights getting cold enough to have frost and the daytime highs at best have been 60, with quite a few days having pretty gusty winds so they haven't received that much sunlight other than the grow lights. It's supposed to be back in the 70's starting again tomorrow so I hope to get them back out in the sun starting tomorrow.

I got a little heavy on the nutes on 60 of the plants since the last pictures were taken and some of the plants have some fert burn on a few of the leaves but other than that I have been pleased with the progress they have made.

I will hopefully have a lot of hot pods this summer. I haven't eaten anything by way of fresh peppers hotter than a Habanero so I am looking forward to trying some of these super hots and experiencing the BURN!!!

I was wondering about bringing them outside during their growth to get some natural sunlight prior to hardening off. I think that is a great idea, especially since some people have decent temps year around. I mean I understand that this would never work for a place in the north where their winter temps are very low, but we had snow last year in Feb, and this year we had the beach.

I think you are a great example of bringing them out when the weather permits to kinda give em a taste of good ol sunshine!

Also, just wait until your first super hits you....nothing prepares you...... :rofl:

I was wondering about bringing them outside during their growth to get some natural sunlight prior to hardening off. I think that is a great idea, especially since some people have decent temps year around. I mean I understand that this would never work for a place in the north where their winter temps are very low, but we had snow last year in Feb, and this year we had the beach.

I think you are a great example of bringing them out when the weather permits to kinda give em a taste of good ol sunshine!

Also, just wait until your first super hits you....nothing prepares you...... :rofl:
DVD,

I agree with MGOLD, nothing prepares you the first time, cut the pod from the bottom, and wear rubber gloves when you do, you can get an idea of the flavor minus the heat from just the tip of the pepper, once you hit the placenta, watch out, if you see oil glistening inside that is a sign too, you are in for heat, go careful at first. Last year I just had ghosts, now I have trinidad scorpions, and others. I will be even more careful this time. Thanks for your post, early heat is your friend, you proved that for sure.

Ghosty...

Hey Bull, I am feeding them Fox Farms Big Bloom and Grow Big. At the same time I am supplementing that with Botanicare Liquid Karma, CalMag, and Silica Blast.

The last time I gave half the plants the amount that the Fox Farms labels said to give and it was just a tad too strong. A few of my plants got a little fert burn but nothing major. The good thing is that now I have a pretty positive understanding of what is the exact amount to feed them.

Thanks DVD for the info. I only feed them some MG and epsom salt so far.
I am currently hardening them for the garden in a couple weeks.
will have to make a trip to get the nutes.
Thanks again

It has been forever since I updated my GLOG but now that my summer school classes are finished, I finally have time to update and also include some photo's.

I have battled what I believe to be a broad mite infestation on some of my plants while others haven't been affected at all. Even with the mites, my plants are really starting to pump out pods. Tonight I took some photos of the plants in my back yard that are being grown in 5 gallon buckets. I also have some plants in the ground here at home, while I also have a larger garden at my brothers house. I am going to try and get photo's of those plants in the next couple of days. Now for the photo's:

Brain Strain Yellow

Indian Carbon

Bhut Jolokia Red

Bih Jolokia

Chocolate Bhut's

Orange Habanero

Fatalli's

They look great, just different ;) I'm also growing some pepperlover Fatalii, but seed was from last year...

Is that "Bih Jolokia" turning brown in the pic or is that something else?

They look great, just different ;) I'm also growing some pepperlover Fatalii, but seed was from last year...

Is that "Bih Jolokia" turning brown in the pic or is that something else?

The Bih is just now starting to ripen. If it ripens first it may just be the first super hot I will eat. I also have several Amish Bush plants that Pepperlover sent me that are starting to ripen also. I am going to post some pictures in a little bit that has a photo of those.

It's been forever since I have updated my GLOG. It's my first season growing super hots and I have had pretty good success with them. I have more peppers right now than I know what to do with. My plan is to freeze and can some of the. Mainly I intend to dry them and make chili powder out of them. Here are some pictures of what I have accomplished so far.

This is my pepper garden that I am growing at my brothers house with a couple close-ups of some plants.

Red Brain Strain

Yellow 7 Pod

Harvest today from this garden.

5 Gallon bucket's at home.

Garden at home.

Trinidad Scorpion

Fatali

Harvest from home garden.

Woowww very nice. I don't know when my pods are gonna ripen. You have a great looking harvest. Making me so anxious ...

Woowww very nice. I don't know when my pods are gonna ripen. You have a great looking harvest. Making me so anxious ...

Thanks Sanarda. I'd be willing to mail some to you to hold you over until yours ripen. I have MORE than enough. If you want, inbox me your address and I'll ship them to you.

Back