seed-train European Seed train...

I don't need anything from the seed train but I just received a fresh load of Piment d'Espelette chilies from one of the authorized producers in France and I would be glad to add some of the seeds I extracted to the seed train if anyone is interested! :)

20170913%20131851%20X-E2S%2025.40mm%20f3.20%20ISO200%20DSCF0186.jpg

20170913%20131946%20X-E2S%2035.80mm%20f3.60%20ISO200%20DSCF0187.jpg

20170913%20134833%20X-E2S%2055.00mm%20f4%20ISO200%20DSCF0188.jpg

MarcV said:
I don't need anything from the seed train but I just received a fresh load of Piment d'Espelette chilies from one of the authorized producers in France and I would be glad to add some of the seeds I extracted to the seed train if anyone is interested! :)

That would be amazing, are you sure you don't want to join in? 

If I want to add the seeds I guess I'll have to join in! :)
I'm in Belgium.

That is amazing! Hope you join in before me, lol! I've read about them, but I've never been able to try one. What do they taste like?

Not too hot and a nice sweet taste. I've grown them myself but mine never taste as good as the "real thing" :)

If you don't get them from the seed train I can always send you some seeds directly.

Well, it is up to you. Either you send them to someone or I add you, but shipping cost will be much higher due to big/heavy envelope.

I could also send seeds to you before the seed train starts rolling. You put the seeds in the train and anyone who's interested can then pick some out :)

Is there a list available of what's currently in the envelope?

Is it too late to join?  I haven't had a great season so I don't have a lot to contribute but neither would I want to take much out.  Still waiting for things to ripen.  I am in England.  

MarcV said:
I could also send seeds to you before the seed train starts rolling. You put the seeds in the train and anyone who's interested can then pick some out :)

Is there a list available of what's currently in the envelope?

Too late for me, I will send parcel out next week, because I will be on holiday (9/20 - 10/02), so whoever wants them, send seeds there and he will add them for later. Or Join.

1) LuckyLuke (Czech republic) - we roll next week
2) sonka (Hungary)
3) balages74 (Hungary)
4) Baekseju (France)
5) b3rnd (the Netherlands)
6) snagglepuss (UK)
7) spicefreak (UK)
8) Mitzi (UK)
9) scotsbonnet (Scotland)
10) orrevs (Sweden)
11) vike22 (Sweden)
12) Tango (Poland)
) back to LuckyLuke

All newcomers please read the rules:

Once you're on the rider list all you will need to do is PM your name and address to the rider before you so that they will know where to send the train when it's your turn.

1) Package to be sent in padded/bubble envelope to protect the seeds. Registred mail + Tracking number is optional. Most of the people sent it regular in the past so I changed it.
2) Put the seeds into small baggies with zip lock. Mark them with variety, (year) and your THP nick. 
3) Don't be greedy, take 5 seeds max from 1 variety. Best way is to give more than you take :P
4) Do not add any heavy seeds. This would increase the postage. Pepper, tomatoe and light weight veggie seeds are Okay.
5) Try ship to next passanger ASAP. 3 days should be enough. If you know you won't be at home. Let us know and we will re-route the train.
6) Do not ship package during Xmas holidays. It gets stuck on the post office. We will wait and ship once madness is over.
7) People from Europe only.
8) Passenger list is not final, we can add more passengers along the way or re-route as needed. Once we start, please keep an eye on this topic.
9) Use "common sense" & have fun !

old list, this could changed already

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/51474-european-seed-train/page-24#entry1350066

MarcV said:

]
i'd be interested in some.

OK, so everyone who wants some of the Espelette seeds send me a pm.
I'm not asking anything in return but to keep the costs down only people who are part of this seed train can apply.

MarcV said:
I'm not asking anything in return but to keep the costs down only people who are part of this seed train can apply.
sent you a pm

snagglepuss said:
i'd be interested in some.

MarcV said:

Could you send a few extra to Snagglepuss and he could add them in to the train for those of us following on?  That way it would save your postage costs.

I will also send a package to b3rnd who is earlier in the train. Together with the espelette seeds I will also include some seeds of the Small Thai Orange SSE (seed savers exchange), which I grew this year and turned out to be a very nice variety!

MarcV said:
I will also send a package to b3rnd who is earlier in the train. Together with the espelette seeds I will also include some seeds of the Small Thai Orange SSE (seed savers exchange), which I grew this year and turned out to be a very nice variety!

I wouldnt mind some either. If you dont mind sending me some, I can also put it on the train for others including b3rnd

Too bad the seeds for b3rnd are already on the way. I sent him a larger quantity to have enough seeds in the train.
I can still send you some if you pm me your address.

Back