seed-train European Seed train...

I got the package just now! I'll update the seed list so it'll take a little longer for me to post it again. A lot of very cool varieties!

Should I make some labels for the bags that have fading ink? I have some sticky labels here so when updating the list I can just stick one on.

Well I couldn't wait to see what was in store for us, so I spent the afternoon making the list of varieties in the train.

Here it is in handy Google Docs spreadsheet: click.

If you check the tabs below you can select the list sorted alphabetically, by species and by THP-member.

There are a few varieties I couldn't make out the writing of, find the species of or otherwise, so some things are left blank.

Damn those seeds I added on the first train are still there?
Maybe someone should try if they are still viable :)

Good thing the train is still active, you gotta love this.

tsurrie said:
Damn those seeds I added on the first train are still there?
Maybe someone should try if they are still viable :)

Good thing the train is still active, you gotta love this.

I was going to try that yeah. I was amazed by the 2013 seeds too hah! They look pretty good to me but I don't know if the appearance changes over time.

Well sorry about the delay. I've been looking everywhere for resealable bags to put seeds in. Can't find them anywhere unless I order them online. 100 bags for € 1.30, but with € 8 shipping fee. Not gonna do that, so I gave up on the bags and now I have to figure something else out. Will send tomorrow definitely. 

b3rnd said:
Well sorry about the delay. I've been looking everywhere for resealable bags to put seeds in. Can't find them anywhere unless I order them online. 100 bags for € 1.30, but with € 8 shipping fee. Not gonna do that, so I gave up on the bags and now I have to figure something else out. Will send tomorrow definitely. 

It is too late (shipping takes 2wks from China), but for future order them on Aliexpress.com, they are less than 1 Eur for 100 pcs including shipping.

Thanks Lucky, I'll remember that. I used envelopes now. Hope the seeds don't fall out, I think they have little openings where the glue stops. But at least I have a decent solution until I have the seal bags, and I can send the package tomorrow.

I updated the seed list again. When I went through the bags one more time, I saw I missed Baekseju's bag so I added those to the list. I also added the seeds I put in.

Edit: Oh I just realized I picked a few varieties that just had 3~ seeds left in the bag. I'll remove those from the list too. I'll add them again next year hopefully ;)

Baekseju said:
Hey man. In my bag is a smaller bag named "empty bags please yourself" with 50 empty bags or so.

Thanks man! Those got used quite a bit already, there weren't even close to 50 left haha. I used a few of them to put seeds in for the seed train. Other people did the same I guess, I've seen a few of those bags filled with seeds in there.

Thanks.

1) LuckyLuke (Czech republic) - we roll next week
2) sonka (Hungary)

3) balages74 (Hungary)
4) Baekseju (France)
5) b3rnd (the Netherlands)
6) snagglepuss (UK) - pending received
7) spicefreak (UK)
8) Mitzi (UK)
9) scotsbonnet (Scotland)
10) orrevs (Sweden)
11) Eastwood (Sweden)
12) Tango (Poland)
) back to LuckyLuke

Don't go adding some awesome varieties now and make me jealous, people! Hehe, thanks for all the cool stuff guys. Hope to participate again next year.

Oh that sucks. Hope everything is there, wouldn't know why customs would remove just some of them. Was it opened and closed again with tape or something? Hopefully it wasn't a seed thief, but if it was, why wouldn't they keep it all?

I didn't edit the list yet. I have to remove the ones with just a few seeds left that I took out. I'll do that in the next few hours, so you won't be surprised when you check it.

b3rnd said:
Oh that sucks. Hope everything is there, wouldn't know why customs would remove just some of them. Was it opened and closed again with tape or something? Hopefully it wasn't a seed thief, but if it was, why wouldn't they keep it all?

I didn't edit the list yet. I have to remove the ones with just a few seeds left that I took out. I'll do that in the next few hours, so you won't be surprised when you check it.

Why would you remove them?  I'm new to this so may not understand it properly but I'd have thought that they should all be left in, at least if they're non-duplicated varieties. 

Back