seed-train European Seed train...

Dunno now, see what Luke say.
For next trains, we shall see how many of us are interested in non-pepper seeds, and also what kind (for example, bean will add A LOT of extra weight, but not much as quantity). Personally, I would be interested in tomato seeds.

Off Topic: Since everybody loves homegrown tomatoes, I'll share a tip with you. Time to time, you can buy Angelle tomatoes in the supermarket (mostly Spain or Holland). If you do, take the seeds out and try them this year. I did 2 years in a row and these are one of the best tomatoes I tried, very potent, sweet and they do not crack like most of the cherry tomatoes. Don't be fooled it doesn't taste so great, it is because they grown them hydroponically and taste like crap. Once you grow in them in a soil you see the difference. I believe you can't buy the seeds because these are only grown commercially and sold in supermarkets.

http://www3.syngenta.com/country/uk/en/ProductGuide//Pages/Angelle.aspx
http://www3.syngenta.com/country/se/sv/gronsaksfro/Documents/Crop%20manual%202011%20baby%20plum%20tomatoes.pdf

scotsbonnet said:
Didn't take too long to get to you then. Good selection for you to choose from. Decisions, decisions!
nope ... I expected it sometime this week, but I was quite surprised it is already here. Its gonna be tough ti decide indeed. A lot of varieties in here .... picking ....

well it took me nearly three hours to go through all the baggies (googling for information and then taking a small portion of it) ... but I loved every minute of it :)
I added few .. took some.... plenty left for next "passangers".... this is a really good way to share, I love it!

I have the package ready for sending... so tomorrow I'm taking it to the post office and it goes via Poland to serrano

LuckyLuke said:
Off Topic: Since everybody loves homegrown tomatoes, I'll share a tip with you. Time to time, you can buy Angelle tomatoes in the supermarket (mostly Spain or Holland). If you do, take the seeds out and try them this year. I did 2 years in a row and these are one of the best tomatoes I tried, very potent, sweet and they do not crack like most of the cherry tomatoes. Don't be fooled it doesn't taste so great, it is because they grown them hydroponically and taste like crap. Once you grow in them in a soil you see the difference. I believe you can't buy the seeds because these are only grown commercially and sold in supermarkets.

http://www3.syngenta.com/country/uk/en/ProductGuide//Pages/Angelle.aspx
http://www3.syngenta.com/country/se/sv/gronsaksfro/Documents/Crop%20manual%202011%20baby%20plum%20tomatoes.pdf
Don't know if here they put the name on the box, will check. This is what I also did before, and do now, going to supermarkets and hunt for nice tomatoes.
I had some from China (the seeds), great cherry tomatoes, eating them as candies, round and also plum shaped. Will be great to share tomato seeds too, i got some from Spain, also from Canaries, for example Tomato de Colgar (google it, they are called tomato to hang, can keep them for loooooong time), and others, will try to grow them. I would like also landrace tomatoes from different places. I intend to do in more extensive mode what I had mostly only in my head last year: to go everywhere I can in the gardens of old people growing own tomatoes, and pick seeds.

Why not ship it to Serrano, then back to LuckyLuke to start another round. Then Bricklayer can come right before or after me since he's i DK too?

Well, hope everybody agrees this is a primary pepper train so I will add Bricklayer. He can still get some pepper seeds into soil. Not sure if we have enough time to do turn around with tomatoes.

1) LuckyLuke (Czech republic) - package shipped 1st of December.
2) Zoli (Hungary) - package shipped 8th of December.
3) rghm1u20 (Romania) - package shipped 17th of December.

4) Rory (Italy) - package shipped January.
5) Nulle (Denmark) - package shipped 27th of January
6) snagglepuss (UK) - package shipped
7) scotsbonnet (Scotland) - package shipped 4th of February

8) tsurrie (Slovenia) - package shipped 11th of February
9) Serrano (Poland) - Pending receipt.
10) Bricklayer (Denmark) - Please send PM with your postal address to Serrano.
11) open seat ... otherwise back to LuckyLuke for 2nd round (+ tomatoe and veggie seeds)  

Bricklayer said:
I'm in if it's still possible?
PM me if it is, and you'll get my adress.

Please send PM with your postal address to Serrano.

The package was expensive enough for some countries, having only pepper seeds. Tomato seeds are light, this is ok, but we should agree what other seeds we add. Beans or peas are big and heavy. Maybe should avoid these.

Back