seed-train European Seed train...

ErolDude said:
I will send it out next week, probably tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No offence mate, but this is quite irresponsible. We have rules to follow.

5) Try ship to next passanger ASAP. 3 days should be enough. If you know you won't be at home. Let us know and we will re-route the train.

Sorry dude, train caught me by surprise this time. I did not even know I was on the list this year. It will get send out as soon as possible

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ErolDude said:
So, as I'm on vacation from tomorrow, I will send the envelope as soon as I get back. Maybe the delay will make tsurrie change his mind :P
I have no new seeds yet. Peppers are just ripening now. So I won't change my mind.

LuckyLuke said:

No offence mate, but this is quite irresponsible. We have rules to follow.
Sorry ErolDude, but that really is the case. You are causing the delay and I know how hard it is to wait when you really are expecting something.

Well anyways, be sure to be faster next time. Hope the other participants/passangers won't be too mad at you. Enjoy the vacation :)

LuckyLuke said:

You are in. Rules are few pages back. I suggest you read the whole thread so you know how it goes here.

I found the rules and just wondered who I need to pm my address and who will be pm'ing me theirs. Also how many seeds should I aim to add? 
Sorry if my questions are annoying i'm just quite new to this and want to avoid ruining it for anyone else.

Edit: I looked back at the current list of people and it seems anywhere in the UK section would make the most sense but i'm down to go wherever.

You should wait until LuckyLuke puts you in the list, then send your address to the person above you.
Variety wise I dont think there is a set number; its about getting new varieties and sharing what you think is nice with the others. Interesting others seeds ie tomatoes are also welcome. Seed/plant wise if 20 person takes out 4 each, that would need 80 seeds/round. I dont have that much for example, so tried to aim for ~50/plant.
But it was just my 1st round as well so I might be completely wrong

1) LuckyLuke (Czech republic) - package shipped 9th of August
2) sonka (Hungary) - package shipped 15th of August

3) balages74 (Hungary) - package shipped 19th of August
4) ErolDude (BiH) - received
5) Zackorz (Germany)
6) Baekseju (France)
7) dutchpepper (the Netherlands)
8) festering (UK)
9) snagglepuss (UK)
10) jlawrence (UK)
11) spicefreak (UK)
12) INM Sauces (UK)
13) scotsbonnet (Scotland)
14) Nulle (Denmark)
15) Comptine (Sweden)
16) Nephila (Norway)
17) serrano (Poland)
18) Tango (Poland)
19) Lobo (Czech republic)
) back to LuckyLuke

sitting: rghm1u20, Zoli, az1000, Rory, tsurrie

balages74 said:
You should wait until LuckyLuke puts you in the list, then send your address to the person above you.
Variety wise I dont think there is a set number; its about getting new varieties and sharing what you think is nice with the others. Interesting others seeds ie tomatoes are also welcome. Seed/plant wise if 20 person takes out 4 each, that would need 80 seeds/round. I dont have that much for example, so tried to aim for ~50/plant.
But it was just my 1st round as well so I might be completely wrong

In that case I guess I had better order some seeds xD.

INM Sauces said:

In that case I guess I had better order some seeds xD.

I wouldn't go buying any seeds. For me the whole idea of the seed train is helping each other out, whether that be trying out new varieties or giving new growers some seeds to get them started. My first train i only had a couple of varieties to donate but took a couple of seeds for some i didn't have. Following year i obviously had more seeds to add to the train.

It's been quite a slow growing year for me this time around so going to re-think it for next year. What peppers have you folks grown that are a bit more tolerant of cooler weather? Tried some hot varieties this year but not much luck; only really the usual suspects that are looking good - serrano, cayenne, bird and rather surprisingly my aji pineapple has a few good pods that are sloooowly turning!

scotsbonnet said:

I wouldn't go buying any seeds. For me the whole idea of the seed train is helping each other out, whether that be trying out new varieties or giving new growers some seeds to get them started. My first train i only had a couple of varieties to donate but took a couple of seeds for some i didn't have. Following year i obviously had more seeds to add to the train.

It's been quite a slow growing year for me this time around so going to re-think it for next year. What peppers have you folks grown that are a bit more tolerant of cooler weather? Tried some hot varieties this year but not much luck; only really the usual suspects that are looking good - serrano, cayenne, bird and rather surprisingly my aji pineapple has a few good pods that are sloooowly turning!
Nearly all "Roccotos" love colder temperatures. SHP also.

scotsbonnet said:

I find that annuums do well for me, early to produce, and reliable. 

Did any of you guys pick up the Farmer's Market Jalapeño last year? Did it grow true? Mine are not looking quite like they should. 

Agree with Comptine here. One of my annuum favorites is Demon Red; doesnt need much care either and full of tiny little beasts...

As for Farmers Market Jalapeno , I took a few seeds now, dont ruin my hopes for that look :(

I kind of have to buy some seeds otherwise I wont have any to put in as I only have about 10 seeds of each variety I have, which will hopefully change next year.

INM Sauces said:
I kind of have to buy some seeds otherwise I wont have any to put in as I only have about 10 seeds of each variety I have, which will hopefully change next year.

Put in any you can spare from the ones you already have, even if it's only 2 or 3 seeds, and take a few of the ones you like the look of from the train. Like i said, it's about helping each other out and i'm sure everyone involved will agree.

Comptine said:

I find that annuums do well for me, early to produce, and reliable. 

That sounds about right, any particular varieties stand out Alana? I've found serrano and golden cayenne to be ahead of the rest this year.

Zackorz said:
Nearly all "Roccotos" love colder temperatures. SHP also.

Hopefully some of those rocoto on the train! SHP??

scotsbonnet said:

Put in any you can spare from the ones you already have, even if it's only 2 or 3 seeds, and take a few of the ones you like the look of from the train. Like i said, it's about helping each other out and i'm sure everyone involved will agree.

That sounds about right, any particular varieties stand out Alana? I've found serrano and golden cayenne to be ahead of the rest this year.

Hopefully some of those rocoto on the train! SHP??
Sibirian House Paprika.

Back