• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Fade's Grow Log 2010

Well its been a long time since I last posted on the forum due to being very busy.
I hope all is well with everyone, and that you had a very happy new year!
Here are some pics of what I'm currently growing.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

My Yellow Scotch Bonnets that are planted in ground are loaded and continue to be heavy producers.

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

Some Chocolate Habs

Looking goood
Those Bonda ma Jacques pods look really cool but they don't look at all like the pods I've grown in the past. It could just be climate/environment related but could be a cross too. Are you just growing the one BMJ plant?

Looking goood
Those Bonda ma Jacques pods look really cool but they don't look at all like the pods I've grown in the past. It could just be climate/environment related but could be a cross too. Are you just growing the one BMJ plant?

I have a total of 5 BMJ plants with two of them larger than the others and starting to set fruit.

Josh, I will take a pic of the Nova Naga Cross later this afternoon.
They are really slim and very dark green.

Had some nice heavy rain last night and I decided to take some pics this morning.

P1000220.jpg

Some pods i picked this morning (Chocolate Habs, Red Bonnets, Red Savina and Bonda Ma Jacque)

P1000222.jpg

P1000228.jpg

Here are my fake Bhut Jolokia's which seeds were obtained from www.seedrack.com
Any idea's what they could be?

P1000224.jpg

Yellow 7 pod rippening, can't wait to see how hot it is in a few days.

Everything looks like it is doing great down there in the Bahamas. Looks like you got your plants healthy.

jacob

I picked my first Yellow 7 pods and Mustard Hab today. I added the BMJ's and Red Savin's for contrast.
I am absolutely terrified of trying the yellow 7's

P1000239.jpg

Fade..

Glad to see things are looking great...

Most of my plants are lookin' good, haven't had any more significant pest problems here since the weather got hot, and some of those sickly looking plants we both had have recovered (although somewhat stunted). Thankfully no issues with whiteflies yet this year....

My seeds saved from second year plant (Dorset Naga????) crossed with a Hab or Carib Red and are very prolific and producing some very hot pods...will post pics in another thread when pods are ripe...

Bossman

Thanks Bossman, things do seem to be going alot better since the summer rolled around.

I have eaten a small portion of the yellow 7 pod and it was very hot and aromatic to say the least.
Over the course of the past few days I have eaten one of the pods mixed in with my meals.
I have to say its hotter than any peppers ive had to date and also has the most intense flavor.

My top 5 for flavor.

1. Yellow 7 Pod
2. Yellow Scotch Bonnet
3. Fatali
4. Bonda Ma Jacques
5. Orange Habanero

Fade,
The plants look super! Like the pods of the yellow 7. Nice and bumpy. Did you manage to grow some plants from the seeds i sent you? Hope it turned out well.
keep the pictures coming.

Here is my harvest over the past few days.

Unfortunatly my new favorite yellow 7 pod only set 4 pods. Hopefully it will have more during the next set of flowers.
I'm finally starting to get a nice mix of varieties which is what ive been working hard on doing since the end of last year.
You'll notice the one mustard habanero there which I will be trying this weekend. Its the only ripe pod so far.

P1000242.jpg

Glad to see your bug problems didn't have too much of an effect on your season Fade. Love the mix of peppers above with all the different colors.

Are all the pods on your 7 Jonah that dark green? Mine are much lighter.

Back