• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Fatalii smackdown

BillyIdle said:
About never, I would say. :lol:

The daytime temp seldomly rises above 70˚F during summer (in the shade of course), but on occations the temp might become as low as 40˚F in the daytime :(

Jeez man, I know it's beautiful there, but I couldn't hang with those kind of summer temps. That makes Canada look warm. I don't even want to ask about the winters.

OK I finally got a fatalii to sprout after waiting months and months am I to late :P I think my seeds hate me:(
100_2421.jpg

You have a local spider wrapping that bad boy up? Either that or you've got some mold issues. The folks here recommended a hydrogen peroxide (H202)/water mix to kill mold and it worked for me. I think it's 1 tablespoon of H202 to a quart of water.

Good luck and congrats with the new life.

it's just the mesh bag on the peat pot no mold I check mold every day and so far the chamomile(sp) tea keeps the mold away. It was mainly a joke I planted seeds on the plant out time to join this but it wasn't till the 18th of this month that i got a fatalii sprout. just kinda havin fun.

Remember my "miniture" Fetalli that just wouldnt grow.

CompFatalli.jpg

IT has a lot of flowers on it too

Its been fed almost no ferts....... Its had about 3 million aphids on it and has lived on a dies of pestacides for the last 3 weeks, some water when i remember, i think its rootbound actually, but it still looks good.

Ahhhhhhhh Aussie sun :)

from the top

CompFatalli1.jpg

Problem is its getting colder here......... not good

cheers

AJ....... if its just sunburnt leaves i wouldnt wory too much

My Bhut Jalokis went from this under lights

BhutJalokiaLarge.jpg

to this 2 days later once it met Mr Sun

IMG_4735Medium.jpg

And now on its second crop

IMG_5506.jpg

VtPepper said:
it's just the mesh bag on the peat pot no mold I check mold every day and so far the chamomile(sp) tea keeps the mold away. It was mainly a joke I planted seeds on the plant out time to join this but it wasn't till the 18th of this month that i got a fatalii sprout. just kinda havin fun.

I started most of my seeds in the same peat pots. Some of them ended up looking just like that. The stuff on mine was mold. Try scraping it to see if any of the white stuff comes off of the mesh bag.

tony05 that is the coolest series of photos I think I've seen on this forum. Beautiful plant, naked plant, centerfold quality plant. Wow.

Hi Everyone. My plants are going great guns. I even have a little pepper growing on one of the other plants...a Cveta Hot. I also have flowers on some Red Savinas, a Trinidad Scorpion and some Jalapeno/Habanero cross F3's. (Thanks 915River, Hotpeppa, Radman and Alawn.)

Here are a couple pictures of my 4 Fatallii plants...Thanks P. Dreadie!!:

DSCN0047.jpg

and:

DSCN0048.jpg

Thanks again. This is so exciting.

Wow all y'all's plants look awesome.
This is the first year I've grown fatallis and I got about 9 now at various stages of growth. From about 3 to 12 inches with flowers almost opening. This is a fun, cool, and enlightening, experience. I just can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings me.
I only put one outside so far, but I did it 2 days ago right before I knew it was going to rain for 3. Will this be enough of a hardening off for the sun rays? Probably not. But the leaves might be all gone anyway. :)

Gorgeous looking Fataliis there PC! Especially in that bottom pic, the bulges between the leaf veins remind me of six pack abs. Strong baby! :lol:

Beautiful fatalli plant lee full of buds. It has been nice weather wise around here and a few of my buds have become small fatalli peppers. Some have fallen off from my repotting but this one looks like it really wants to grow. Now to get it pointy and yellow.:mouthonfire:
IMG_2329.jpg

I'm starting to see buds on some of mine, as well. it's truly wonderful. most of Chinenses are budding now, actually. still having some trouble with the Pubescens, but working on it.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Beautiful fatalli plant lee full of buds. It has been nice weather wise around here and a few of my buds have become small fatalli peppers. Some have fallen off from my repotting but this one looks like it really wants to grow. Now to get it pointy and yellow.:mouthonfire:
IMG_2329.jpg

:hell:, love that close up.
Nice work ! ;)

go gettum' guys...all of your plants look great

Back