• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Favorite Burger Joints?

My gal and I went to lunch yesterday at a new joint called Pounds at Red Rock Resort here in the big dry ditch of Las Vegas. $15 dollar burgers and such. The burger itself was hand formed and nice and loose. Mine was a perfect medium rare. I ordered the Maytag bluecheese burger with jalapeno's and smoked bacon. Somehow they forgot that new seasoning that everyone is using these days...the one called SALT!! They skimped on the blue cheese...the carmelized onion they put on was most likely prepped from a week ago as they had all the flavor of stepped on earthworms... jalapeno's tasted more like soggy dishrag slices. Way to much plain head lettuce. The worst was the beer and cocktail menu. $5.50 for a Lone Star Longneck. $10.50 for a bloody mary. WTF? Service was okay except for a different server coming by every 30 seconds asking if everything was okay. GO AWAY AND LET ME EAT THE DAMN 'THANG!!!

Hopefully this joint will die a slow and painful death. They get the Siskel and Ebert two thumbs down and "the finger" from Texas Blues.

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Well I have heard all the hoohah and hub bub about Fuddruckers and today my gal talked me into it. With the exception of a very few, (In-N-Out, Whataburger) I absolutely loathe burger chains especially the so called "gourmet" joints. We get there and the joint is packed. Go figure...noon on Sunday. I order the chipotle bacon cheddar and she gets her usual bacon cheese. Its the first time at this joint for me so I have no expectations. I ordered my burger my usual MR. NOT! Well done it was. Chipotle sauce? Sure..all 3 microns of it. The burger was 5.95, and the sauce cost an extra George Washington. Fries were the big steak fry type that are something special all on there own when served cold.

Now its not all there fault. I broke my own rule of not going to chains and also that on a Sunday, the B team will be on board, not to mention the fact that there was 20,000 kids with Andre the Clown doing his balloon tricks for the kiddies. While my gal didn't care for the joint, she generally likes these kind of Fridays/Appleby's/Red Robinsky/Chilis faux paux food joints.

Two thumbs and a big toe down.

Cheers, TB.

In the year 1985 I went to Seattle, Washington to visit my Aunt/Uncle. They had a place out there called Flakey Jakes where you could custom order a burger to your tastes, they would even fix you a bloody rare one if you wanted. That was by far the best place I have ever been. You got a burger about the size of a dinner plate and went over to what looked like a salad bar and they had everything imaginable that you could put on your burger. Dont know if they are still around up there or not, anyone from Seattle here?

Place called Hills Restaurant here has a great burger..nothing fancy, just big slab of quality beef cooked to order on a toasted herb bun, w/ red onion, lettuce, pickle and whatever fixings you like. Came with yummers skin-on fries and a tasy tartar sauce.

It's huge..that's a dinner plate. AND, it was like $7.99.

I was sooooo damn full after that and a number of drinks.
(the house well whiskey is JD.....:lol:)

-CaFF

Quad....dirty love on a plate there man! Very nice. Dude you have to take a money shot pic either showing the burger innards or you stuffing your piehole with the 'thang. And you get more points if you bring your own chile's or hot sauce and photo the burger with your own stuff on it too.

Cheers, TB.

QuadShotz said:
Place called Hills Restaurant here has a great burger..nothing fancy, just big slab of quality beef cooked to order on a toasted herb bun, w/ red onion, lettuce, pickle and whatever fixings you like. Came with yummers skin-on fries and a tasy tartar sauce.

It's huge..that's a dinner plate. AND, it was like $7.99.

I was sooooo damn full after that and a number of drinks.
(the house well whiskey is JD.....:fireball:)

-CaFF
Quad Looks like a damn fine Burger meal,You no all the best Places :)

Ya, quality meat cooked to perfection (they asked how i wanted it cooked) and that herb bun really made it great. Wish I HAD brought some Naga Mama with me though.... :)

Back