• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Favorite Burger Joints?

Next time your up I'll let you try it out, all the workmen go mad for them at smoko. The key to eating it is to press down firm and once you start eating you can't put it down otherwise it will explode.... lol

chiliman said:
AMEN to grease. Just hate it when someplace advertises using lower fat meat for their burgers. For me it just reads "dry"! I use 80/20 for burgers at home and add parmesian cheese to the meat to fll in for the juices it loses while cooking. Always juicy!!!

My venison burgers that I cook on the grill at home are my favorite and they are VERY lean. The trick is to cook them medium. When I mix up the meat I put some pepper flakes in them, mixed with worsheshire sauce, and onions. Then I cook it over a charcoal grill really slow.
Now, I know this sounds kind of wierd, but my favorite burgers that are fast food are white castles.:lol:

This thread made me sooooo hungry for burgers! Usually I just make turkey burgers, but tonight I sprung for the real thing.

IMG00038-2.jpg

IMG00042.jpg

Third pound ground sirloin with some onion soup mix mixed in, slice of provolone, 2 diced habs, & a fried egg on a wheat bun. It was quite tasty, even though I overcooked the meat a little bit. My apologies for the crappy cell phone pics, my good camera is out of commission at the moment.

IC..-1 for the turkey burger...+5 for making your own and an extra + for the ground sirloin. Fried egg gets you an even score. 2 diced habs... another +5. Final score...girl you rock!!
Phone cam or not..still good pics..better than nothing.
Cheers, TB.

impychick - tasty looking burger you made.

TB - nothing wrong with turkey burgers, I bet you'd like them too if you've had them. but I also agree nothing beats a good beef burger, but turkey burgers are also good.

Veggie burgers...a chick pea and potatoe pattie some cummin corriander ona bed of salad and maybe a sweet chilli or jalapeno hot sauce. We sell one of those in the shop.
A mate of mine gets one with bacon on it as well and its tasty also lol.

Hey Stillmanz, there's no pineapple on the richie?

Cmon mate, beetroot, bacon and pineapple! all aussie staples for a burger!

My Canadian/English father in law was mystified by beetroot and pineapple on burgers.

RS

If it's not meat..it's not a burger...it's a sandwich. Turkey is questionable...and I admit I am biased..I'm not a turkey fan. Traditionally burgers are beef. Sprouts and whale blubber on a bun is not a burger. Cheese is always an option...no matter the kind.
Cheers, TB.

I tend to like to make my own..that way I get exactly what I want, including my naga BBQ sauce and fresh Jalapenos. ;)

Burger Joints locally, you can't beat Dick's and Zip's for good-old-fashioned heart attack fodder.

http://www.zipsdrivein.com/aboutus.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip's_Drive_In

I live right next to the one in the picture... Can't beat two Papa Joe's for under $3 (meat, cheese, ham, their own tartar sauce, lettuce, and a pickle.) The Belly Buster and Big Zipper are fun if you want a monster.

The Double Whammy at Dick's is a legend ..and under $2 for 1 lb. of brain-numbing beef and cheese. Still about a buck for the Whammy which is more than most people eat..3meat/2cheese.. :shocked:

Oh, and they make their own fries, just don't let them get cold. ;)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dicks-hamburgers-spokane

-QS

That's interesting Philipperv, thanks. I didn't realise that by law in England it only has to contain 52% lean meat. I'd prefer a burger with 52% lean meat and the rest cereal then a 100% ham/beef burger with chewy bits in it.

Made up my own new burger recipe last nite. Took some decent burger I just got fresh and didn't have any cheese except cream cheese so I folded some slices of that into the meat along with diced onion and garlic and cooked it putting some oyster sauce, chili powder, pepper and oregano on top. I also had some mashed potato left and put that on top too with some jalapeƱo slices (canned stuff :(). Was a real treat! Sorry no pics.

My newest favorite and best burger joint in NJ is the only one outside of NYC. Jackson Hole in Englewood, NJ. The burger was bigger than any burger i've ever had anywhere and made of pure beef. I got the soul burger last time. A cheeseburger with bacon and ham. Niceness!

The Beachcomber Take Away, Barrenjoey Rd Ettalong Beach N.S.W Australia. New People toook it over recently, being open to suggestions they made a Burger with chilli sauce,, Naga/Savina Sauce actually and its that good,ya don't know the sauce is on it as its so nice til ya start sweating and ya mouth lets rip, by the end Ya Lips are burning, ya sweating, breathing heavy going "might get another"

im bout to go get a Bacon and Egg roll with the sauce on it :)

Bents, yours loooks OUTSTANDING.. :):)

Back