• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest February Throwdown - Cast Iron Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest starting with things like bacon on your new CI - get a good layer going before you hit it with eggs.

well,yall just messed up with a one dish meal,prepare to crown me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may seem a bit crude (sorry...pissed off at something completely different)...but cooking on cast iron? Really? Who the hell doesn't do that daily?

I don't. My mom never owned any cast iron cookware, so using cast iron is relatively new to me. Plus, I only have one cast iron piece (which will be changing), and it's not very big. So there are some things I always use the CI for, and others I don't.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh Snap! Collards, mud-bugs, and pie! (whilst wearing a flowery apron over your merkin).

Well, you are right on the collards anyway. I can't get fresh mud bugs this time of year so they are out. I'm thinking more like blackened catfish with greens and cornbread. Of course, I will change my mind eight times before the throwdown. I'll have to see about getting a crotchless flowery apron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back