• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fire breathing idiot

Ask Judy what she thinks of him giving out her Lava strain seeds LMAO!!
It aint purty thats for damn sure . . . . .
Bottomline he is a straight up douche bag for many things such as that

I'm going to be honest here. I got a dried F2 sample recently and totally would have kept the seeds had the sender left them in.
I would not, however, under any circumstances, have distributed a strain that wasn't OKed for public release. That's just not ok and I have morals.

spicefreak said:
I'm going to be honest here. I got a dried F2 sample recently and totally would have kept the seeds had the sender left them in.

I can not imagine being able to get a realistic opinion of a pepper if the seeds had been removed.  Much of the heat comes from the placenta around the seeds.  

AJ Drew said:
I can not imagine being able to get a realistic opinion of a pepper if the seeds had been removed.  Much of the heat comes from the placenta around the seeds.  
+1; what's the point of all that?

AJ Drew said:

Yes this is true, but I also believe the placenta is what carries most of the bitter flavors in pods. Although heat is diminished, pods taste much better without placenta IMO.

hogleg said:

Yes this is true, but I also believe the placenta is what carries most of the bitter flavors in pods. Although heat is diminished, pods taste much better without placenta IMO.
Yes, I often cut them out and even flush with water so I can get more of the pepper flavor in my cooking.  But a pod review withe placenta and seeds doesnt seem to be very complete.

AJ Drew said:
Yes, I often cut them out and even flush with water so I can get more of the pepper flavor in my cooking.  But a pod review withe placenta and seeds doesnt seem to be very complete.
 To that I ask the question whats more important to learn from a pepper review the "heat" or the "flavor"?

hogleg said:
 To that I ask the question whats more important to learn from a pepper review the "heat" or the "flavor"?
Depends on the person.  Frankly, I am in love with Trinidad Perfume right now and it has almost no heat.

and we are officially again hijacked!  :dance:  :lol:

Ted came on THP pretty hot and heavy and stepped on some toes.  Things settled down, and this was early on in his YT career.  After that, he was really building a YT base and the Haters really hit hard.  I don't think he was prepared for that aspect of public life.  He's reviewed several of my sauces and did pretty accurate reviews.  He's also done some Idiot videos with Pure Evil.  Total Dumbass stunts.  Those are the ones that get the views and he is now making money from YT like many other people (wreckless eating, DeathTollCorner, dudewhere'smychallenge, blumgum, shoenice, arronsfoodadventures([or something like that], cult moo), so... it is what it is.  Smoking a Carolina reaper is, as we all know, really STOOPID!  But, the vid is getting hits~

salsalady said:
Ted came on THP pretty hot and heavy and stepped on some toes. 
I have read that said of a lot of people, including myself.  I came back, apologized, and now I have some really good friends. 

Wish he had done the same.  Would have asked him for advice.  Hoping next grow season to create a reality TV show sort of thing with my kids.  Not playing characters.  Just doing our own goofy stuff & having friends come over to sample this and that.  I figure if anyone, the FBI guy would have some good advise on Youtube.

FBI did that to two sources,its in the books so please dont challenge it
Said sources produced the last two seasons prolifically  and this season birthed several cross's from said source
spicefreak said:
I would not, however, under any circumstances, have distributed a strain that wasn't OKed for public release. That's just not ok and I have morals.
Jacking Judy's Lava seed to competitors and bong ripping super pods makes him a hero here ?
Do explain,THOUSANDS have already expounded on it in context
Always room for the other side .  . . . . .(go ahead)

salsalady said:
and we are officially again hijacked!  :dance:  :lol:

Ted came on THP pretty hot and heavy and stepped on some toes.  Things settled down, and this was early on in his YT career.  After that, he was really building a YT base and the Haters really hit hard.  I don't think he was prepared for that aspect of public life.  He's reviewed several of my sauces and did pretty accurate reviews.  He's also done some Idiot videos with Pure Evil.  Total Dumbass stunts.  Those are the ones that get the views and he is now making money from YT like many other people (wreckless eating, DeathTollCorner, dudewhere'smychallenge, blumgum, shoenice, arronsfoodadventures([or something like that], cult moo), so... it is what it is.  Smoking a Carolina reaper is, as we all know, really STOOPID!  But, the vid is getting hits~

My post that you quoted already addresses your opinion. Carry on.

TNKS said:
Jacking Judy's Lava seed to competitors and bong ripping super pods makes him a hero here ?
Do explain,THOUSANDS have already expounded on it in context
Always room for the other side .  . . . . .(go ahead)
I never said anything like that. I said that keeping seeds for purely personal use would be OK, not that releasing seeds against the wishes of the grower was. I also never said that either was an actively positive thing to do. Don't try and put words in my mouth.

hogleg said:

I think the flavour is definitely the top concern for a pod review.  It seems that a lot of folks will have this discussion and act like "heat" and "flavour" are these opposing facets of the chile-- like a "yin & yang" kind of thing.  Personally, I think heat is just one of many aspects that fall under the "flavour" umbrella. But, ppl who review a pod and just go on and on about how hot it is, relative to their own personal experience?  They're not doing us any great service, in terms of a real review.  (Some folks probably think it's tremendously entertaining, though.)  Heat is obviously a major facet of a chile pepper, so we want to hear about it-- but it cannot be the only focus, nor should it even be the primary focus.

That being said, when we're talking about a pod review, i think you need to leave the seeds and placenta in there just for the sake of thoroughness and accuracy.  If you're reviewing the pod, review the pod its entirety.  Just my opinion, but to me it seems logical.  If you're making a dish with the pepper and your own preferences (or the preferences of your guests) dictate that you ought to gut the pod to get the flavour results you seek-- go for it.  That's just reasonable.  You're trying to cook a rad meal, and that's the method you wanna employ.  But if you're reviewing a pod, just pop that sucker in your mouth in its entirety and review the whole pod, not just the flesh of the thing....

Just my $0.02.

FBI did it and gave them to Sherwood
LAVA went world wide
Not sure on Moore,but very likely Im sure do to the rapid spread of the Lava strain among noted growers
AJ Drew said:
He is very well versed on that
Learn there are several cliche's here on THP
Wade thru them . . . . . .

spicefreak said:
I never said anything like that. I said that keeping seeds for purely personal use would be OK, not that releasing seeds against the wishes of the grower was. I also never said that either was an actively positive thing to do. Don't try and put words in my mouth.

TNKS said:

Yes there are. Such as-
the hottest pepper I ever ate was the last one I ate
It only hurts for a little while
Don't knock it 'til you've tried a Reaper

And other words of Wisdom-
Don't touch your PrivateBits after handling Hot Peppers
Don't touch your TenderBits after handling Hot Peppers
Don't touch ANYTHING after handling Hot Peppers
Not matter how much you wash the pot/spoon/cutting board...they will retain capsaicin

hhwhisky doesn't help the burn
beer doesn't help the burn
nothing helps the burn of superhot peppers

BUT!  beer and hhwiskey will make you forget about the burn until the morning.  Until then, re-wine.
:D

ultimately- No Pics=Never Happened!

MulchyDreams said:
Not sure why he would punk people on the forum but some of his reviews I found informative.

not sure what you are referring to with "punking" people on the forum?  ??? 

Ted has done a lot of great informative reviews of a lot of sauces, pods, beers, and other things.  He had a lot of sensational vids also, which is divisive to some.

TNKS said:
Wade thru them . . . . . .
And I am head of the THP Pirate Duck Cliche.  Certainly, THP has members with common interests and go to people with experience in specific genre of conversation.  But the word 'cliche' has more of a negative connotation.  Could the word niche be better? After watching people do the wolf pack attack against people on Facebook, I hesitate to say THP has cliches.

People here have been really nice to me.  So I try to do the same to new members, gift them stuff via PM when I see they are looking for something, trade them when I can.  Trying to keep the ball rolling.  Lets face it, the place has a very good reputation.  After all, the boss booted me for a month once.  Now we screw around calling me his dad.  Very forgiving place.

Are you guys talking about cliques or cliches?

Reactions: CMJ
Back