• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First log, Will follow with weekly updates

This is my first ever Grow Log. This is also my first year dealing with growing a fairly large amount of plants in my opinion. currently I have approximately 28 Bhut Jolokai, 19 Carolina Reaper, 19 Trinidad Moruga Scorpion and 6 Habanero.
Recently (Last night) I Pruned 3 of each pepper to begin my "research" and develop my own experience and opinion on how, when and how much to prune. I did only 3 of each plant so I have many control pieces. I am hoping my reading and video searches on this subject are leading me in the correct path. I would like to get my plants to about 12-15 inches  and with a nice hardy structure before putting them in the ground. I am starting this Glog also to make me aware of the growth seeing as I see these plants daily, So I do not notice growth. Measurements taken in this log for height are to the tallest portion of the stem. I will post the log at the end of the "experiment" unless anyone would like m to post it week by week. Please leave feed back, suggestions and comments as you would like. Seeing as last year was my first vegi garden and this is my first year beginning indoors I would like all the feedback I can get. Thank you in advance.
Happy Growing
Blitz

Pruned Reaper and Habanero
pruned%20reaper%20amp%20Hab_zps6xp6uyz3.jpg

Pruned Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
pruned%20scorpion_zpsxmaikul6.jpg

Pruned Bhut Jolokia (Ghost)
pruned%20ghost_zpsff714gkz.jpg

Side of other plants
Side%202%202-26-17_zpswbpoljzn.jpg

Side of other plants
Side%201%202-26-17_zpsserqkx5b.jpg

Overhead view
over%20head%201%202-26-17_zps7avvxwsh.jpg

Overhead View
over%20head%202%202-26-17_zpsatouvzwb.jpg

How did your season end up going? I assume that it's all wrapped up due to the weather?...

Are you still going to try to overwinter some?

All The Best, TBG.

Sorry about the absence, I have had a very eventful past few months. My season ended pretty well. I ended up with 10 Gallon size ziplock baggies of pods. Onlt a few were able to ripen on the plant due to the weather, So I stuck them in paper bags and they did very well. My reapers were not the hottest, surprisingly. I had a very hot batch of Trinidads. Ghosts were okay, pretty small. I am not sure what is going on this year as I am in a new place, and the landlord will not allow a garden..... Maybe Ill have to do a container grow ????? How did everyone elses season go? what are the plans this year?

If i do go with a container grow, I am going to have to locate some pure reaper, ghost and a few other seeds.

Back