• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First log, Will follow with weekly updates

This is my first ever Grow Log. This is also my first year dealing with growing a fairly large amount of plants in my opinion. currently I have approximately 28 Bhut Jolokai, 19 Carolina Reaper, 19 Trinidad Moruga Scorpion and 6 Habanero.
Recently (Last night) I Pruned 3 of each pepper to begin my "research" and develop my own experience and opinion on how, when and how much to prune. I did only 3 of each plant so I have many control pieces. I am hoping my reading and video searches on this subject are leading me in the correct path. I would like to get my plants to about 12-15 inches  and with a nice hardy structure before putting them in the ground. I am starting this Glog also to make me aware of the growth seeing as I see these plants daily, So I do not notice growth. Measurements taken in this log for height are to the tallest portion of the stem. I will post the log at the end of the "experiment" unless anyone would like m to post it week by week. Please leave feed back, suggestions and comments as you would like. Seeing as last year was my first vegi garden and this is my first year beginning indoors I would like all the feedback I can get. Thank you in advance.
Happy Growing
Blitz

Pruned Reaper and Habanero
pruned%20reaper%20amp%20Hab_zps6xp6uyz3.jpg

Pruned Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
pruned%20scorpion_zpsxmaikul6.jpg

Pruned Bhut Jolokia (Ghost)
pruned%20ghost_zpsff714gkz.jpg

Side of other plants
Side%202%202-26-17_zpswbpoljzn.jpg

Side of other plants
Side%201%202-26-17_zpsserqkx5b.jpg

Overhead view
over%20head%201%202-26-17_zps7avvxwsh.jpg

Overhead View
over%20head%202%202-26-17_zpsatouvzwb.jpg

Blitz527 said:
SO, here is a little light on the situation. We will be staying at my fiance's father's place and he has a LARGE area all prepped and ready for a garden... Now I can not claim it as mine BUT I am allowed to use part of it :-) absolutely stoked ok how things always work out.

Good things eventually come to those who grow peppers :)

And yeah, what did you end up keeping?  Hope you get lots.

Mike

Thanks everyone. So far in the ground I have reapers, Trinidad moruga scorpions, ghosts, a few habs and 1 lemon drop that has a LONG LONG way to go HAHAHAHA in my aerogarden garden I have a bishop crown, choc hab, Peter pepper, yellow manzano and 1 other that I forgot what it is. I believe that will complete my grow this year and hopefully next year we will be more stable. I also have cilantro, basil and lemon thyme going. Other veggies are to come very soon but as far as peppers, ☝☝☝☝ is all.

And as far as the father in law getting hooked on the heat.... That's not gonna happen HAHAHAHA he likes a little spice but not much due to GI issues. But we will see.

I now have ghosts, reapers, Trinidad moruga scorpions, habs, an aji lemon drop, a devil's tongue, Peter pepper, and a bishop crown all in the ground. Here's to what could have been a bad season turning out to be pretty decent

Glad to see everything worked out for you, Alex.  
Now you can breath easier until you are squared 
away in a new place.

Good luck shepherding those peppers into adulthood!

PaulG said:
Glad to see everything worked out for you, Alex.  
Now you can breath easier until you are squared 
away in a new place.

Good luck shepherding those peppers into adulthood!
Thank you Paul, and yes things are quite a bit more "manageable" given the perspective that we were in a somewhat tight time constraint. Things have slowed down, tensions are decreased a bit and I'm pretty happy that o got to keep sending of the plants. Next year will be bigger and more organized in a little bit better soil. This year I will be fighting deer and weeds.... My brother in law doesn't use any chemicals in the garden so it's down to a hoe, rake and pulling weeds at first sight. Going to be getting some nice mulch to spread around the little gals. Next year I will also hopefully be tampering with the plastic sheeting to go over the soil and a few more varieties.

mlittle74 said:
Just checking in.  All good in pepper land?  I need to tend to mine, I haven't been giving them the love and attention they deserve the past few weeks.

Mike
Mike, thanks for checking in. I really appreciate it. Things are going well, had a couple casualties but nothing tragic. Everything is moving along somewhat slowly, but movement forward is progress. I have a ghost with a couple flowers. My Aji Lemon drop is still kicking, small but Alice. I have a healthy heart Peter pepper that is coming along nicely in the soil and my reapers, scorpions, ghosts, and have are all doing alright. New growth after the transplant, adjusting very well and moving along.

I agree, I was trying to get photobucket working but I guess they are having some issues. heres a few from the past couple days.
My weeding tool
IMG_20170701_26528.jpg

Peter Pepper
IMG_20170701_25302.jpg

And around the garden:
IMG_20170701_24748.jpg

IMG_20170701_24297.jpg

IMG_20170701_2274.jpg

IMG_20170701_21236.jpg

Enjoy, hope I wasnt missed too much, Been very very busy lately. But Im back, A little behind on the grow but given the stress they all went through, I will take it :)

Good to see them in the dirt! And, the dirt looks pretty darned saweet!

You have all summer buddy ;)

Edit: And a chuckle from LB, "post a pic of my hand, your weeding tool" ;)  She does most of the weeding..... :shh:

Devv said:
Good to see them in the dirt! And, the dirt looks pretty darned saweet!

You have all summer buddy ;)

Edit: And a chuckle from LB, "post a pic of my hand, your weeding tool" ;)  She does most of the weeding..... :shh:
That's very funny. And yes, I do have a bit of time. With how this year was going, I'm going to be happy with one pod lol but I'm sure I'll have more.

And yes that's unaltered soil. Haven't done anything to it besides turn it over and constantly roll out the weeds. But we have a lot of farm land around here so I'm sure that helps.

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE. Be safe and enjoy your holiday.
Today we are working on a deck at our place. Still at the in-laws for the time being but it's nice being here. Garden is going slow but it's doing very very well. Only lose 2 plants, deer haven't been a huge issue yet but I fear they will be. I also just transplanted a few plants from my aero garden into the garden. I now have: reapers, TMS, ghosts, habs, aji lemon drop, chocolate hab, Peter,yellow manzano, Bolivian rainbow, and a bishop crown.

Some pics from the 4th, hope everyone had a safe, enjoyable holiday. Now to the pics:

Bolivian Rainbow
IMG_20170704_38550.jpg

Peter Pepper
IMG_20170704_37908.jpg

Chocolate Hab
IMG_20170704_36731.jpg

Yellow Manzano (look at that hairy little thing)
IMG_20170704_34648.jpg
IMG_20170704_33620.jpg

And our holiday project:
IMG_20170704_3374.jpg

Back