• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

first time growing: trinidad scropions

I know it's such a beast! Uses 105w. 6500k at 5800 lumnes.

So I just spent the last 3 hours finishing up the enclosure (happy birthday to me!)
Hope you guys like it:

photo5.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

And here are the second set of leaves coming in!
photo6.jpg
Very nice set up. Are you just growing indoors ? How much did you spend? Looks like a lot O.o

How's this for light?
574849_10150801346975139_819110138_9490643_2013627179_n.jpg
thats one big energy saver!

This variety seems to grow slow for some reason compared to all others I have grown.

Very nice set up. Are you just growing indoors ? How much did you spend? Looks like a lot O.o

The top pic looks like something out of a sci fi channel movie.

being in Moscow

are you in a part of russia where the sun stays up for 6 months or 3 months?? if so, if you could build a small green house you'd be in luck King size Chili!

I'm only growing indoors to speed up the growing since I started kinda late.
Eventually I'll move them outside.

Space Blankets/Tinfoil/Tarp ~$15
PVC fittings ~$15
Fans ~$20
Bulb ~$40

So little less than $100 which isn't too bad.

thats one big energy saver!

This variety seems to grow slow for some reason compared to all others I have grown.

The top pic looks like something out of a sci fi channel movie.

being in Moscow

are you in a part of russia where the sun stays up for 6 months or 3 months?? if so, if you could build a small green house you'd be in luck King size Chili!

I'm located in the US

Took these pictures on Sunday:

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Question, as of Sunday may 6th, my plants were 23 days old.
By looking at them, do they seem to be growing average? fast? slow?

Third set of leaves are starting to come in, i'll get some updated pics later.

Average, they'll come in nicely, just need to be a bit patient with them Trinidads!
Mine are a little over 2 months now and look like this, very slow growers indeed:
img20120508203519.jpg

Average, they'll come in nicely, just need to be a bit patient with them Trinidads!
Mine are a little over 2 months now and look like this, very slow growers indeed:
img20120508203519.jpg

Yeah patience is key, and yours looks really good.

You think it's too early for me to start using cal-mag?

They should do fine on their own with enough light and a good soil. They seem quite easily hurt when fertz are too high, had one with regular tomato feed and it's showing yellow spots on leaves.

The Trinidad Scorpions are slow growers indeed. Here is a picture of mine that was taken today...I planted the seeds between March 27 and April 1 (In the picture there are: Trinidad Scorpions, Bhut Jolokias, Golden Habaneros, and Datils). Oh, and I just started using Cal-Mag this week...I watered all my peppers with a 1/4 strength solution (1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water).

05-09-12002.jpg

The Trinidad Scorpions are slow growers indeed. Here is a picture of mine that was taken today...I planted the seeds between March 27 and April 1 (In the picture there are: Trinidad Scorpions, Bhut Jolokias, Golden Habaneros, and Datils). Oh, and I just started using Cal-Mag this week...I watered all my peppers with a 1/4 strength solution (1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water).

05-09-12002.jpg
Those plants look so healthy !!! NIce.

Took these pictures on Sunday:

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Question, as of Sunday may 6th, my plants were 23 days old.
By looking at them, do they seem to be growing average? fast? slow?

Third set of leaves are starting to come in, i'll get some updated pics later.

Nice plants btw, mine range from 6 weeks old to 3 weeks, but my biggest six week plant is starting its sixth set, im too lazy to get pics atm, plus im tired so my bad. Maybe tomorrow. Most of my three week old plants look like yours. With most probably ahead. Maybe im doing something right, maybe its luck. They are slow growers those so be patient :) :D

Good luck and happy growing!

So, I noticed in a couple of pictures containers were covered with plastic wrap, and some others they weren't,
better with or without? When starting I mean, sorry.

This is my first time growing scorps also, and was very pleased to see this post. Just want a good plan of attack, so thanks y'all.I got that stuff in shed,except for fan. How do they handle high temps when 2-3 months? Just wondering if I'll have to keep them indoors, being in the desert and all.

05-09-12002.jpg

Wow, your plants look great!

I just ordered a variety of different pepper plants 6-8" tall, considering I started my seedlings way too late.
A 6-8" plant usually takes 2-3 months to grow correct? Considering mine are only MAYBE 2" now and it took almost 1 month to get there.
These new plants I get should put me in sync with the season.

This is what I got:
7 Pot x1
Bhut Jolokia x2
Burkina Yellow x1
Cayenne Large Think x1
Cayenne Long Slim x1
Cherry Bomb Hybrid x1
Habanero Chocolate x1
Jalapeno Purple x1
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T's x2
Yummy Orange x1

(pics coming soon)
I know they're all not super hots, but my girlfriend wanted a few milds for herself.
Hopefully they don't die of shock when I re-pot them..

So, I noticed in a couple of pictures containers were covered with plastic wrap, and some others they weren't,
better with or without? When starting I mean, sorry.

This is my first time growing scorps also, and was very pleased to see this post. Just want a good plan of attack, so thanks y'all.I got that stuff in shed,except for fan. How do they handle high temps when 2-3 months? Just wondering if I'll have to keep them indoors, being in the desert and all.

Well in the beginning I had plastic wrap over them to keep the moisture in (while i was germinating) which is what you want.
And once they actually sprouted I still kept the plastic wrap on because I had no idea what I was doing.

Once they sprout and you see a hook, you can place them directly into the light and from what I understand, scorps don't like a went environment so I removed the wrap.
Good Luck!

Back