• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First time super pepper-head // Failed

I make habanero jerky with my home grown habs all the time. I eat chips with my "pain is good" habanero salsa when I watch football.

Your original post made it sound like the hottest you've dealt with was jalapenos. The Butch T's are amazing peppers (and you can order them directly from butch t on this site), but man...you need brass balls to eat one straight.

There's really nothing that can actually prepare you for the super-hots. You just want to make sure everything else doesn't phase you before going to that level.

BTW douglahs are NOT 1.8million... They may peak at that but they are aroudn 1 million. So far from trying a bunch of stuff, all the supers are pretty much the same ad it varies mostly pepper to pepper on which is hotter.... If you want to eat a super, cut one in half, touch your tongue to the placenta (part with the seeds) and then wait a minute and see if you still want to.. If you do, then go for it.. But beware, if you swallow the pod you WILL get severe cramps and wish you didn't.. For a while... It feels liek someone grabs a piece of your stomach with pliers and twists it.

It doesn't matter Hab. But if your belly is full, it will empty the contents involuntarily! If your stomach is empty, the heat will take it out on any organ meat near by! I'd rather take a mule kick to the skull instead. At least I have a chance of being knocked out while my body recovers from the slap down.

Just thought I'd add one little thing... if you ever do decide to try a Butch T TS, get em direct from butch on here. His are seriously night and day compared to everyone elses. Something in that mississippi soil for sure.

No problem. I tried one of those yesterday and ended up with a belly full of fire for the ENTIRETY of the day. Let a buddy of mine try one, who has tried Butch T's from other sources, and he swears they aren't even the same pepper. That's also been the general feeling on this site; people who say the Butch T's aren't as hot as people make them out to be have ALWAYS had them from someone else. Anyone who's had them from good ol' Butch have all had the same reaction and call them either the hottest thing they've ever eaten or damn close to it.

I heavily advise them, but man... prepare yourself before eating one, and make SURE you have a bottle of mylanta handy should it turn your stomach into a coal burning train engine.

Yep. He lives over in Mississippi, so the pods won't have too far to travel to reach you. Order sooner than later though, trust me on that.

Dont have Butch Ts but pm me your addy and i'll send you a variety of fresh pods.

Package will go out tomorrow. Bhut, orange 7, yellow 7,and a Douglah Red. All these seem to be pretty hot this year. The hottest probably being the red douglah (sat me down for a good 20 mins).

-- Mega

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGzqz73Uuss&feature=player_embedded

Here is heat addict (a sauce and pepper review eating a yellow 7 of mine at the NWCF last weekend).

@ Some you willing to trade some of those Butch Ts ?

Let me see how many I have left after the hot food challenge at my buddy's bbq. Somehow I don't see too many people being brave enough to attempt one after the first person goes through with it. :fireball: That's the whole reason I picked up a batch in the first place, people wanted me to specifically get those peppers. I picked up a half pound, so I'm doubting people will actually eat all of them.

Back