• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors FISH STORY

Okay.... okay..... stop twisting my arm..... here is my Prince Rupert trip (just a few miles short of the Alaska Pan Handle), " I can see Alaska from my backyard"!.
So, a few of my buddies said, hey, let's meet in Prince Rupert, BC and do some fishin', we slept in the boat, tucked away in lagoons, on the ocean with whales and such frolicing around and yes.... we caught fish.

Halibut, spring and coho salmon
HPIM1051.jpg

same fish, different angle
HPIM1052.jpg

and now for the humpback whale, you may have to zoom in, my camera is a little weak for this kind of thing.

Nice catch! What's the average size of wahoo you get? Good on ya Burnin for posting some pics too.

Water is still cold here, will be picking up in a couple months. My uncle's in the market for a boat and lookin' now, so this might turn out to be a good year out here!

5o lb hell yeah.

I use the same KNife sharpener.
i bet those blackfin tuna slice were hella good.

cool pics colon love seeing hwat people are catching all around this planet.
just got my rod fixed hopefully kayak fishing on thursday!

Hmmm though I should write sometime about fishing, even though I'm not a good fisherman. I do spearfish, though very hard with a GF that tells me not to Kill any. I even fish with a rod and real, though hard with to do with one arm. So spearfishing is easyer. Have not seen a big enough fish in Thailand yet to spear. Was diving with Parot fish but left all alone. Seen a few Baracouta's (sorry spelt wrong) But were far away and looked 3 feet so probably just over 2 feet. Man I miss spearfishing in Vancouver. But have found fishing for squid great fun for me with one arm, and the more chilies the better the eating. Have also grabed some crabs but never took any home, to small. LOL Trying to keep this clean so won't make a joke about that.

This was a good post and I like fishing, well as much as I can do easy enough with one arm.

Saw the fish and grabbed the rod and fed a billfish on my short rigger bait, and after an over 2 hour fight the boat I mate released an over 600 lb. Blue Marlin today. It may be the biggest fish I may ever catch and release as we weren't tournament fishing and did not want to kill the fish. Just dosen't get any better.

PRF, hope to get out later next week but only locally 'round La Jolla. I might be embarassed to post my piddly fish though after all yours :lol:

Nice year you're having so far. That do-do's a beauty!

Took the 'ol wooden 11' Little Smokey out around 4:30 this morning. Got on some yellowtail about three miles off La Jolla. In the second pic you can actually see the aft end stickin' out the back of my friends truck, lol. Some old guy built it for lake fishing, but throw on a little four stroke Mercury and she does pretty good out on the ocean. We did pretty much sink her once a couple seasons ago on bad beach landing, but whatever. She's getting retired this year- friend is getting a "real" boat- good to take her out one more time for old time's sake and get some hamachi on board!
IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5560.jpg

Wow boutros really nice fish for the size dingy you took in the open ocean? Nova it looks as if he had the fish whistle out while fishing that day, what I'm most impressed about is those healthy pepper plants in the background. Got a pic back from my charter last week of the marlin.
Marlin.jpg

Pretty long day, yeah Nova... And thanx Nate!

Beautiful fish and pic Cappy! That'd suck hooking one of those up in our piddly dinghy :lol: Our job is shut down for a month now. Funding, management shenanigans, etc. Anyhow, I guess I'll have some more opportunities get out again soon! Went out Monday in some messy mixed swell. Got another decent YT though, been livin off smoked fish and ceviche this week :)

mmmmmmmmmmm smoked fish..

ok

just aquired two two seater kayaks.

and i live by some real good spots, but me my buddy luke headed south from my house to ernies cut, very very shallow. hitting bottom in kayaks. so we anchores in a nice inlet did not see any bait and decided to try atificila for a bit. chillin out drinkin caught two small snooks probly around 14-15 inches. a nice big hit but i tried setting the hook to early and just pulle dthe hook from its mouth.
then after being out for a while, and wanting to see this chick we headed back to port.
i just went out today same sitch, just artifical till i can balance myself enough to throw a cast net from a kayak. or catchm wading.
had a couple small snooks today but then after three hours by myself i had nice rain cloud come in then i har the sound of the rain hitting the water behind me. it seems far enough away where i can still fish a bit but its heading my way the rain starts comng up real fast so i have to basically outrun the storm cuz i had m phone on me with no tight seal container. anyways hopefu;ly ill have some fish pics soon.

saturday29th016.jpg

saturday29th017.jpg
the tide was soo low crab
traps were out of water like 60%
this one had a spider crab in it really weird lookin
saturday29th017-1.jpg
mangrove islands can be scary they all look just the same soo you have to be careful to remember which way you came from

Back