Flat top griddles

smokemaster said:
Talking about sausage,My Kitchen aide mixer attachment meat grinder makes great sausage for smoking or whatever.
I love it when country style pork ribs are on sale.

They have the perfect Fat meat ratio for some killer chorizo and Italian sausage.

Smoke them for a bit,let them blend a while in the fridge,then grill them or whatever.

Flat top fixins after the smoke...

Since I have Top Round/London Broil AND Brisket,fat from the brisket with trimmings from the top round make great bulk sausage for sandwiches on a flat top with some onion,mushroom and pepper goodness added.Add some of the main food groups-BACON and CHEESE and your set for good eats.

Well dang mang!

Post pics of that pronto! 

Bacon and cheese are a couple of harlots that hang out on the THP forum.

And ever' body takes a turn and love's 'em loooong time rye cheer!

I have a group effort of about 100lbs of Belly,Brisket and Top round I was forced to put in the freezer.
It's been 100-110 lately.
Just my smokers
(I have only 3) siting in the sun is 100 degrees.
If I put a chunk of oak and hickory in there it would be a gazillion degrees.

I like slow and low.

YA I'm going through MAJOR pain every time I open the freezer.

I see beef and pork along with 20+lbs of smoked manzano powder and 3X more of other dried pods and powders for rubs just sitting there calling out to be invited to a major pig out.

It Really causes me a LOT of mental anguish and pain.

I NEED to do up the belly first.
It has Skin on.
Bacon and chicharones.
The secret is to do the bacon trip with skin on.
Remove it 3/4 of the way to cured bacon.
Sprinkle the skin with smoked Manzano then after an overnight sleep FRY Them up,HOT AND FAST.

Oh shit,I think I just had an orgasm.... :)

Smoke the bacon to about 160 or so and put it on my slicer at about 1/8th in. slices.
Best to let the smoke set in after slicing for a day...

Top Round makes great thin sliced smoked beef(rare) and Jerky.
We all know about brisket. Smoked Pastromi or just brisket.

Dam It,I'm going to have to look in the freezer and drool all night now...

Luckily I have 17 lbs + of the top round from the last sale smoked up and thin sliced in there too.

Guess since Avacado and Roma Tomatoes are on sale I gotta get a couple of each and some bolitas at the Mex Mart.
Cheese,Gotta get some too.
Swiss and or Provalone,add a couple peppers from outside,It might work.
Hot mustard from powder...

Out of Homebrews but I'm working now.
Tomorrow I gotta get cheese,Tomato,Avacado,Beer,tortillas and Bolitas.

Sorry I have old cameras.Batteries are dead for one and memory cards are filled up for the other.

Gotta hit up radio shack next week...or figure out how to put my memory cards on CD so I can erase them.
I think I have a post about the meat I have elsewhere.
I gotta get the cameras working and deal with the heat to get this stuff turned into good eats.
I know,no pics,it aint true.

Just to give credibility to the fact I do smoke stuff here is some chicken in one of my smokers.

Just to keep on the flat top subject...

Shread the chicken,toss a floatilla on the flat top,toss on some cheese,onion,smoked tomato,peppers or whatever floats your boat.

I'll post a couple pics of chicken,BUT be warned I have no use for presentation these days.
These pics look pretty sexy to me.
Screw the crap that looks like artwork.
A bunch of ribs looking like they just came out of the smoker sauna and are properly mopped with some sauce on the side or lightly applied work for me.
If you want artwork put a pool of sauce on the plate before yo put the ribs on it.
Green crap in a styrofoam container....

Chicken and Manzano pig out.Sorry no flat top involved...

Only 15 or so full birds.3 - 3 1/2 per shelf,split a couple in half

Wheat flotillas,Fresh Manzano,Refrieds.

Now IF I had a Flat top,I'd blister the Foatills in a thin wipe of bacon grease.
Id grill a few peppers and toss some shreaded Sharp Cheddar and Jack on the Floatilla.
Meanwhile I'd have some shreaded chicken on the top warming up with a dash of smoked manzano in it,and add roasted onions and garlic.
Add whatever you like.

Dinner is served.

I'm takin' this thread off of life support and bringin' it back to life.

I just bought the Blackstone 36" from Blowe's for $299.

Onliest 'thang is that mrs. blues just bought a big honkin' new refrigerator which won't arrive until 

Sunday so I need to make room in the garage for the old one before I put together and set up

the flat top in there.

But Sunday night....

I'ma blow some sheeit up!!!

I collect cast iron or shall I say I use to collect CI. I have several CI griddles from 8in - 16in round one to rectangular 32-40 inch ones. Nothing beats CI cooking IMHO but as always there are different strokes for different folks. I don't cook to feed armies so the sizes I have will suffice for my needs. My dream kitchen would include a custom flat griddle. Dang now I have to break out my CI griddles for breakfast next week on my days off. I miss cooking on those old turn of the 19th century griddles.

texas blues said:
I'm takin' this thread off of life support and bringin' it back to life.  I just bought the Blackstone 36" from Blowe's for $299.  Onliest 'thang is that mrs. blues just bought a big honkin' new refrigerator which won't arrive until Sunday so I need to make room in the garage for the old one before I put together and set up the flat top in there.

But Sunday night....

I'ma blow some sheeit up!!!
Fify~ 

TB you don't need to hit "enter" for each line to make it TAB Down when working in the 'reply post' format.  It looks different in the Editing post than how it posts on the forum, and when folks are reading the post on mobile devices, they read the posts event differently.  Just TYPE normal,  let auto-format do the rest~~~  

texas blues said:
I reckon it'd be a sin not to christen the 'thang with sliders.  Also I need to pic up some bacon to season the top.

Gotta' come up with a name for the bitch too.

take 2~
Scoville DeVille said:
'Big Flatty'
YES!  Liking that name for the flat-top!!!!

salsalady said:
TB you don't need to hit "enter" for each line to make it TAB Down when working in the 'reply post' format.  It looks different in the Editing post than how it posts on the forum, and when folks are reading the post on mobile devices, they read the posts event differently.  Just TYPE normal,  let auto-format do the rest~~~

LOL TB knows this we've told him for years. Don't make him stop we love his poetry.  :rofl:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/51685-you-know-what-really-grinds-my-gears/?p=1086024
LOL seriously TB, don't stop! We love you!

Scovie calls it a Texas Haiku. :rofl:

The Hot Pepper said:

LOL TB knows this we've told him for years. Don't make him stop we love his poetry.  :rofl:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/51685-you-know-what-really-grinds-my-gears/?p=1086024
LOL seriously TB, don't stop! We love you!

Scovie calls it a Texas Haiku. :rofl:
Well, that's what I get for not hanging out in Chat... :(...

So

We Should All

NoW

Adopt the

Double Spaces Posting

Standard..............

not.

Yes because

we all

love

the

TB!

lol!!!!!!!!

EDIT- [delete]

RE-WINE in progress, and not posting as to avoid DPSE-ing.  XOXO to TB! 

Jay you always honor me compadre.

And truth be told, the whole double spacing 'thang came about as its easier for me to read.

My eyes started crapping out on me several years ago and found it easier to double space than

blow my screen up and scroll left to right.

When I first started wearing glasses I never felt comfortable with them even with corrected vision.

Something was still wrong.

My latest eye exam revealed astigmatism in my left eye that the previous juju eye witch doctors missed.

And the $450 titanium progressives I had?

Junk.

Broke right in the middle of one leg just taking them off one day.

I'm rollin' with black plastic dork cheapness now.

Back