• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Frank's hot sauce

Friends, Romans, chileheads, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Frank's, not to praise it;
The evil that weak hot sauces do lives after them,
The good is oft interréd with their empty bottles,
So let it be with Frank's…. The noble Brutus
Hath told you Frank's was not hot:

-------Marc Antony, Guerilla Chef

Nothing like clever chili-head Shakespeare :onfire:

I can buy Franks on ebay,........
pour the sauce down the drain (or into a jar)...................
and have woozie bottles for my home brew sauces cheaper than I can buy new bottles anywhere I can find online.
:dance:

I use Franks hot sauce as mouthwash it's so weak. :rofl: Now the Franks Xtra hot is more like it! I'm actually looking to buy the gallon size of the Xtra hot if anyone knows where to find it...

I use Franks hot sauce as mouthwash it's so weak. :rofl: Now the Franks Xtra hot is more like it! I'm actually looking to buy the gallon size of the Xtra hot if anyone knows where to find it...

Mine was that xtrahot, and I got used to the taste now.. After all those months, ive used half a gallon.

go to your nearest TJ Maxx and find the teenie isle that has food. There you should find Melinda's Naga Jolokia Sauce for $3.99 per 5oz bottle. I plan on stocking up and using this with butter for my wing sauce. It's got the tangy vinegar with great heat and a touch of sweetness from papaya or guava (don't have the bottle in front of me) and passion fruit. 4 thumbs up!

With regards to the weak sauce haters, I happen to like many of those, including Cholula, which I think is the weakest, but has a great smoky, chile flavor, and the chile lime and chile garlic ones are especially tasty. I think they have a place in the world; they are easily attainable and as someone else posted, a good gateway for people curious about hot products. Tabasco and Frank's offer good choices, especially Tabasco with green, garlic, original, chipotle and habanero.

Franks is a good base because they add water with the vinegar to make it a bit less acidic. There's also something about the flavor that's unique... I can't describe it. I just don't know how so many different cayenne sauces can taste so different from one another and have such a wide range of heat levels... Franks is so tame I couldn't taste heat even as a little kid. I wonder what they do different with the Xtra Hot? Leave the placenta in? I can't eat it on anything anymore that isn't hot and loaded with fat though. I'm still a fan of vinegar sauces but its so weak and uninviting cold that I've moved on to sweeter sauces made with bonnets and such. Far better. I still haven't made better wings with another sauce though. No beating the original for that.

Back