• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Friday's Q: Chicken & Brats

UDS chugging away

img0681.jpg

chicken on the top is injected with a sweet raspberry salad dressing..chicken on the bottom us just rubbed with bbq seasoning

img0687r.jpg

not quite done yet

img0683.jpg

getting glazed with:

6 tablespoons apricot jam
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

img0690.jpg

pumped up the heat for the last 15-20* of the meats internal temp to 350*-400*F gets you this

nice crispy skin
img0691.jpg

brats all done as well... love the smoke ring in this shot(dripped a little sauce on the stove when i was taste testing..lol)
img0704cmr.jpg

i never thought that rasberry and smoke flavor would go together but i it was great. i have Q'd alot of brats and these were by far the best tasting ones yet..

Wow those look great. Sitting here waiting for my smoked butts to come off the grill and these pics are killing me!!

Man could I do a number on those chickens. Bam I think I'm going to start following you around. You definitely have some mad BBQing skillz.

dressing injected me likey, brats look dank as hell.
i really like the sound of that glaze too.
oh yeah did you make that uds how does it work?

Noshownate said:
dressing injected me likey, brats look dank as hell.
i really like the sound of that glaze too.
oh yeah did you make that uds how does it work?

yes i made the UDS and it is one of the best smokers i have ever used. i made it for under $65 including a new digital thermometer and 3 turkey deep fryer thermometers

The sausage looks prrrrrrfect, looks like it has the skin that snaps and underneath is tender juicy goodness.

Back