• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Fried Chicken

Couldn't find a fried chicken thread here, so why not make one! Anyway, occasionally KFC here sells a delicacy called "Hot n Spicy", ever since I was a child I was infatuated with it. But the bastards only sell it for a month every year, and sometimes they skip years. 

I have no choice but to replicate this Hot n Spicy, because it is one of the reasons I keep myself alive today. I was dumb when buying the chicken, I bought the drumsticks, wings and thighs seperately, and spent like $15 all up, when all I had to do is buy 3x "Chicken Maryland", which is the drumstick and thigh in one piece, plus a couple of wings, it would've come to like $7 total. Herp de Derp

So here it is. Verdict... the skin was delightfully crispy, and the chicken, holy crap the juices actually ran down my fingers! But need to ramp up the spices, especially the heat! 

Ofcourse, I bought the coleslaw from an actual KFC, after all, the KFC experience is NOT complete without that coleslaw :D

Marinated chicken ready to be KFC'd
hs4_zps379d88ba.jpg

hs5_zps96d408da.jpg

hs6_zps2b95163f.jpg

hs1_zps8a568b09.jpg

hs3_zpsd4dc3736.jpg

hs2_zps521a6c79.jpg

It was a tad weak on the spices, so I doubled the spice mix in the flour, plus I added a crap-ton of Tabasco sauce and chilli flakes to the brine for the next batch. Can't wait till tomorrow night! 

I think some folks were poo-poo'ing boneless fried chicken earlier, but the tenders they are mimicking IRL here are TDF ...

http://spicysouthernkitchen.com/chicken-crispers-chilis-copycat/

I LOVE those thangs ...

JayT said:
I bet my kids would love them.  Will be trying.  I agree with BigB though, looks like beer batter fish!

They are greasy and delicious ... your fingers should be greasy/shiney while you eat them ...

It says they use chicken broth for the MSG component. You can buy MSG in the spice aisle! Duh.

PT's fried chicken in south Dallas is my favorite chicken. Authentic hood chicken, the real deal IMO. The seasoning is amazing and has almost a beef flavor if you know what I mean. I suck at explaining flavors

Back