• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Fried Hamburger?

FiveStar said:
Whatever you come up with, we must see pics. And I'm pretty sure a fried red tomato won't work. The green ones only fry up okay cause they're so tough.

Alright that's it! Beamish, cig, sleep.

But post pics!

Right on with the Beamish FiveStar. That's one of my favorites. I had the most fantastic Sausage gravy & bisquits in Shreveport, LA a couple of years ago. Those cajuns sure do know how to cook!

PhatManDerek said:
Thanks for the tip, I'll see if halls carry any green tomatoes plants when I pick my next batch up!

sb-1-1-1-1.jpg

Green = unripe

:lol:

Well I still don't see pics of those fried red tomatoes and hamburger and bacon gravy you were sposed to cook today!

And I'll have you know I already have a helmet!
49178.jpg

By the way, there are now three spellings of the word HELMET in the last 4 posts. Trippy

JayT said:
Right on with the Beamish FiveStar. That's one of my favorites. I had the most fantastic Sausage gravy & bisquits in Shreveport, LA a couple of years ago. Those cajuns sure do know how to cook!

JayT, Beamish is also a fave of mine. Lately I've been lovin the pub draught cans, namely Beamish stout and Boddingtons pub ale. Something about long lasting head that just keeps me coming back for more. ;););)

FiveStar said:
Well I still don't see pics of those fried red tomatoes and hamburger and bacon gravy you were sposed to cook today!

And I'll have you know I already have a helmet!
49178.jpg

By the way, there are now three spellings of the word HELMET in the last 4 posts. Trippy

FiveStar said:
JayT, Beamish is also a fave of mine. Lately I've been lovin the pub draught cans, namely Beamish stout and Boddingtons pub ale. Something about long lasting head that just keeps me coming back for more. ;););)
Trust me you will, Folks didn't come over for dinner they had to do some stuff so it's next week some time. By the love the viking helmet.

FiveStar said:

Yeah, I had a one night stand last for two years because of that.

Uh... the beer... what did you think I meant?:shocked:

I found my Throwdown recipe.

It's not a traditional burger! :lol:

I'll make it with cow, not beef.

Holy crap, this was funny!!!

I just wish PMD had posted the photos. :crazy:

He was posting from the Michigan State Loony bin. The "folks" just like the "green tomato's" and "ground chuck" that shape shifted into a burger/loose meat/loaf/ S.O.S./taco meat...never existed. Merely random words and rants being shot out into cyberspace in an internet drive by. The cat definitely had the talent to capture and hold an audience with complete and utter horse $hit leaving them starving for more! Like a bad car wreck....you can't stop gawking.

Classic! I am surprised no one advised him to get pickled tomatoes and unpickle them for his fryers :crazy: think he would have bought it? :lol:

Oh geez I missed this the first time.

You guys don't know what a beefburger is? Loose meat sandwich? Place in Iowa and Nebraska called Maid-Rite that makes them. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maid-rite.com%2F&rct=j&q=loose%20meat%20sandwich%20diners&ei=S1eFTJmwJ4KKlwemqrCcDg&usg=AFQjCNGlDvtrTN-5_C3laKnwXffodWKm4g&cad=rja The standard is meat, ketchup, mustard, pickles and onions. Freaking heaven. They have a great seasoning that just rocks the meat.

My mom makes something called poor man's steak out of ground beef made into patties covered with mushroom soup and baked.
We call this minute steaks, you should try it with some cheese melted on the top and a bottle of guinness half added to the beef andr half to the soup

Back