• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ga GH's 2014 - The beginning

So it's official.

13866529297480.jpg

The 2014 season has just begun.

I planted the first six, on the right, 7 days ago. The second six a few days later.
13866529539951.jpg

First up is c. pubescen Canario.

More details later.

Dang, Jason! That brown Bhutlah has my attention now ;) . (Hint.)

Of course you handled the heat and yeah, a frozen brain? Oh yeah. Glad you did something cool with OThai. Thinking about a ferment rather than an infused salt--Kev gave me the lowdown (how to) on salt-infusion, so going for it on some, as have destroyed his salts--but think the OT fermented be killer. IF our temps don't drop too low from crazy highs in 70's at night . . . yeah that bbhulah . . .

Stay not to wet and not too chilly, unless you guys are gonna miss this rain/cold front--crazy stuff from 90Fs been having . . . :shocked:

annie57 said:
Dang, Jason! That brown Bhutlah has my attention now ;) . (Hint.)

Of course you handled the heat and yeah, a frozen brain? Oh yeah. Glad you did something cool with OThai. Thinking about a ferment rather than an infused salt--Kev gave me the lowdown (how to) on salt-infusion, so going for it on some, as have destroyed his salts--but think the OT fermented be killer. IF our temps don't drop too low from crazy highs in 70's at night . . . yeah that bbhulah . . .

Stay not to wet and not too chilly, unless you guys are gonna miss this rain/cold front--crazy stuff from 90Fs been having . . . :shocked:
Well... The bhutlah SLP has taken a more red hue today. Wondering where it's going to stop. Could go dark brown or bright ass red at this point, with any color in between possible too. Definitely still changing!
Still two more plants of that one. Maybe one will get stuck at that lighter brown. The second plant setting pods also has pale green pods... So always a chance! ;)
It's almost cold right now! Upper fifties here at the house. Hope it doesn't drop to low! Huge contrast from last week!
The fermented OT gave off a wonderful aroma. Salts would be good too.
That an easy choice. Both!
Stay warm too!

jedisushi06 said:
Can't wait to see the color.  I'm either growing the red or the brown version too.  I'll have to look.
I only got the brown version. Did get peters jafsh too. Wondering how that will turn out.
maximumcapsicum said:
Lovely bhutlah pod for sure. Can't wait for the review!
Will do once ripe! Will bring you a pod next time I roll that way!

Quiet tonight. So here something for everyone to take to bed with them.

Bbg7s happily inside.

14001232216960.jpg

14001232336851.jpg

14001232473562.jpg

:cool:

jedisushi06 said:
there's a couple different phenos floating around.
I have three different ones from last year. Caylx wise, two are similar but have different pod shapes. The first Pict above is my favorite. I have plants from isolated seeds growing. This season should really show what's up with the next generation.

So has anyone seem the pimenta desert. Aka Sahara. Thin string leaves. Pretty cool looking. Able to survive in desert conditions since the leaves surface area and water needs are lowered. I just something on it tonight.

Pisa: presentato il peperoncino del deserto: http://youtu.be/0ttwPvHB-5Q

GA Growhead said:
So has anyone seem the pimenta desert. Aka Sahara. Thin string leaves. Pretty cool looking. Able to survive in desert conditions since the leaves surface area and water needs are lowered. I just something on it tonight.
Steve is already packing his bags to get us some seeds...

Runescape said:
Steve is already packing his bags to get us some seeds...
That would be cool! Those are just so net looking.
Jamison said:
The ones you have pictured right there.  I seen that Sahara.  They are soooo weird looking.  Them long stringy leaves are just odd :crazy:
Lol.
Crazy weird. Did you notice the caylx or lack of one?
Devv said:
I want that pepper. I'm visiting the "old man" in July. He speaks the native language, 79 year old from the old country. So I'll get him to translate ;)

Those leaves are freaky BTW!
Perfect for Texas!

Ate this pod today.
14002936327212.jpg

Notes to follow!

My reaper cross....
It's a hot one. Floral smell and taste but not over powering in either aspect. No bitterness at all.
I expected this pod to be on the lighter side of the heat scale. It, like the jigsaw, grew from a flower inside and only lived a short time outside enduring Ga's elements, which haven't even started up yet. I was expecting a pod slightly hotter than the jigsaw from earlier in the week. Folks... I was wrong.
This pod was fire ass hot! It looked hot, on the inside, as much as its outside texture told.
I cut the pod vertically. Then cut a half vertically again to divide some of the ribbing. I then slit that quarter into three slivers. The piece I grabbed looked deadly, with much yellowish orange placenta lining the inner wall. I decided to cut that piece in half and popped the lower portion of the pod right in mouth and began to chew. Almost instant pain came with every contact with the inner workings of my mouth. My tongue, gums and inner cheeks all stung like hot pins pricking as the burn jumped to the back of my throat. There was as much as a hot sensation and as there was pain.
The hiccups immediately started and lasted for a few minutes. I started eating my lunch at this point, which was difficult with the uncontrollable hiccups. I made it through a salad with the heat coming down to a good mouth burn, so the other half of the sliver was in order.
I popped the piece in my mouth, got a few good chews in, and took a bite of my sandwich. This piece being on the upper half of the pod, had much more placenta. I could tell! This piece lit me up well!
The heat was close to some of the hotter pods from last season. Way higher than I was expecting. I got into small pantic zone for about 30 seconds as the heat just continued to build. Poor lava coated mouth, burning more and more. It got my eyes to water up as the burn spread to the back of my throat. It was past the point of no return, so what do you do?
Take another bite of my sandwich and eat another piece of the pod, & that is what I did.
I got comfortable with the pain/burn at this point and continued to eat. My mouth and tongue started to just be numb to the burn, making consumption with the food much easier, leaving a good warm mouth burn. The intense heat lasted just shy of ten minuted.
My buddy and I finished off the pod with our lunch. He agreed on the strength of the heat and enjoyed the pod very much. It got both of pretty good, but we handled quite well.
I can only imagine this plant getting hotter as the temps and humidity rise to GA standards. Those late August pods will be fire!

14002931903780.jpg

14002932632651.jpg

14002942185883.jpg

14002943634914.jpg

14002944988375.jpg

Happy Saturday!
maximumcapsicum said:
Those BB7's look great Jason! Are those from the same seeds you sent my way? If so I'm sure glad I got two of those plants going.
Those are the parent plants. Well... Cuttings from the parent plants. :D

So . . . you brought the podding BG in,huh? Don't blame ya, too cold for plants with pods. All mine in ground going, "WTF!" But they'll just be hotter since stressed. Am growing BG7 from your pods sent last year . . . great review (nasty looking pics of that ReaperX) and yes; by August, that Reaper Cross is gonna kill; however, by then, I'm sure your tolerance will have built, Jason. It didn't go for the stomach did it? That's all I hate is when they go to cramps, but an ounce of prevention . . . might not mean a thing, sometimes! Really pretty pods, hon!

Back