• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ga GH's 2014 - The beginning

So it's official.

13866529297480.jpg

The 2014 season has just begun.

I planted the first six, on the right, 7 days ago. The second six a few days later.
13866529539951.jpg

First up is c. pubescen Canario.

More details later.

annie57 said:
So . . . you brought the podding BG in,huh? Don't blame ya, too cold for plants with pods. All mine in ground going, "WTF!" But they'll just be hotter since stressed. Am growing BG7 from your pods sent last year . . . great review (nasty looking pics of that ReaperX) and yes; by August, that Reaper Cross is gonna kill; however, by then, I'm sure your tolerance will have built, Jason. It didn't go for the stomach did it? That's all I hate is when they go to cramps, but an ounce of prevention . . . might not mean a thing, sometimes! Really pretty pods, hon!
Actually...the bbg7s haven't seen the sun yet at all. Those are the cuttings that have survived inside all winter. I have 16 or so outside from seeds but they are still small. :)
Luckily no stomach cramps. I always eat the supers with food with to help keep that from happening.

JJJessee said:
Pain is a path to enlightenment paved with hot peppers.

Can I get in the seed lane? 

Excellent review.
The path to hot peppers is paved from enlightenment. Ah! Flipped that one. :D
Might hold on that one thru to F2s. If not, your on the list!
jedisushi06 said:
Nice looking cross pod there!  Looked evil!  Thanks for the pics!
Thanks jedi. The next pod is gnarly shaped. Hoping the other sets a pod soon too.
Devv said:
Awesome looking pod AND review!

Don't let those early pods fool ya, they can still be hot!
So true Scott. Thanks my friend!
HurtsGood said:
Stuff looking awsome man. Im jelly at the size of your grow. Thanks for commet in glog.

All the pods you have look awsome. The color and surface look amzing. The one looks like ridges on alligator back.
That does look reptilian/gator like!
Thanks HG!
My grow is bigger than me at the moment. Hoping to get everything, finally, in ground this weekend. Was hoping to slack out of work early and get to it but it has been a busy week for me so far.
OCD Chilehead said:
Great review. Beautiful looking pod. Sounds like a winner. Have a good week.
thanks ocd! You too!
PaulG said:
Nice review on the Reaper cross, Jason!

What an awesome looking pod!
Thanks Paul!

Ate this bbg7 pod today.
Double damn hot! These were top three last season in heat for me. This coming from a cutting, it was no let down. Completely different burn from the reaper cross. Coming on a bit slower and continuing to build, unlike nthe reaper cross that was full on attack.
A bit of floralness and a bit of fruitiness with no bitterness at all. Very sweet tasting pod.
Great lunch addition for today's choice... A burrito again. Wanted to compare apples to apples to measure the heat against past bbg7s and the reaper cross with the same lunch.
Hard to say for sure, but this earlier season pod might be on top so far. It was a warm one!

14006433729831.jpg

14006433240270.jpg

14006434426372.jpg

14006436775793.jpg

14006437836964.jpg

14006439861855.jpg

PaulG said:
That is so awesome, Jason!

I envy your lunch time experimentation;
burritos aren't on my play list usually!
I could eat Mexican every day. ;)
Thanks Paul!

Here is the first PI-441598 to ripen. Hope your stay true to color also.

14009801230481.jpg

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
lookss great.. im guessing you're the first to post a pic of a jigsaw reaper cross...lol...or a primo x reaper ..lol..
Thanks Denniz...it's a good one. And... I didn't grow either of those last year. Keep guessing. ;)
OCD Chilehead said:
Very tasty looking.
You bet! Will have to send you a few pods soon to try.
Jamison said:
Found a couple pics of that Rennie from last year.

Put this bad boy in a ten gal root pouch today! Thanks again brotha!
Jeff H said:
Had a few days of catching up to do. Great review of the reaper cross and love the photos. Keep them coming.
Thanks Jeff! Will do.
maximumcapsicum said:
Hot burrito!!! Looks wonderful man. Gonna be a great season if you keep these reviews coming. How are your plants down in this wonderful weather?
I will have more new to me pods to try this year than I will know what to do with. Can continue the pod profiles!

Plants are needing to be in the ground already! I planted 67 along with other yard duties today. I'm beat at the moment!
Still so many to go! Hope to get the scorps planted in the morning, and the 7 pots & bhuts on Monday.

Here is a MOA.
14009801641492.jpg

Fatalii creams are beautiful.
14009818732285.jpg

Guam Boonie on left, Donni sali on right.
14009821538126.jpg

Mini rocoto has a bunch of these.
14009818075604.jpg

Canario
14009817041713.jpg

These aji white fantasy pods look good enough to eat! Definitely white now, but not sure if completely ripe yet. Will give them a week or so.
14009800838260.jpg

Back