• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ga GH's 2014 - The beginning

So it's official.

13866529297480.jpg

The 2014 season has just begun.

I planted the first six, on the right, 7 days ago. The second six a few days later.
13866529539951.jpg

First up is c. pubescen Canario.

More details later.

GA Growhead said:
Sounds like you've done everything as I would have. I'm guessing you have a hook on Xmas day if not before!
Thanks Paul! Only one spot left ungerminated.
I'll take it, my friend!  That would be awesome!

You are really rollin', bud.  I'll bet the other spot will
be germinated before long!

wahlee76 said:
Good luck with the new season. Looking forward following your glog
Thanks Wahlee! Ditto on that!
maximumcapsicum said:
Great looking hooks Jason! Things are really coming along. What traits are you going for with the F3?
Thank you Adam. Trying to keep the peach color with the PI-441598. The earliest photo I can find for the PI-441598, from the year that the unknown cross happened, showed light colored creamy white pods. This grower, on the thp here, got red pods the next season. I gor a few f2 seeds from those red pods. The plants from the F2s i grew only put out one peach colored plant, the rest were red.. Light cream or white is OK too and could be additional lines to save. The peach pods do have more of a white pod taste unlike other peach pods I grew.
After color I will be choosing by taste, and then by heat and plant growth. All three F2 plants stayed around 2.5 feet tall with the peach staying the shortest.
The peach also had more heat than the red phenotypes. She was a keeper.

Cool c. pubescens shot.
13876966795370.jpg

WalkGood said:
Great start Jason, Ill be following as much as I can so I hit subscribe mon! Love dem pics ^_^

I be wishing you and yours a great holiday & happy new year!
Thanks Ramon! Same wishes to you and your Family!
Devv said:
Beautiful shot of the pubes, super interesting plants for sure!
Agreeing! I liked that shot. Was trying to get a cool shot of the water droplets on the seedlings but saw the hairiness of that rocoto, and that was the shot.
Looking forward to pods!
maximumcapsicum said:
Neat. Do you have the peach plant self pollinate? Or would you breed the peach plant to another peach plant?
Just self pollinate. Need to narrow down the gene pool. Hopefully end up with something stable and cool.
HillBilly Jeff said:
Sweet looking pic.  
Thank you! :D

Looking good, Jason!  The Manzano/Rocotos
are great pepper plants!

The Jiffy pellets are working great, bud!

Enjoy the holiday week to the utmost!

Vegas_Chili said:
Wow!! Amazing start! I like the way those pubes look LOL.

Can't wait to see that pepper forest this season! :cheers:

(Likes police got me LOL...)

-Walt
Thanks Walter! The forest will be many! Turning it up a notch!
:cheers: Merry Christmas!
maximumcapsicum said:
Aint that the truth. What is the flavor on the pubenses like? Or I could I should say what was the flavor like last time around?
First time growing them, so will find out soon enough as long as I get any of them to pod up. :)
Devv said:
Jason,

It's that time of year...have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

maximumcapsicum said:
Seconded! Have a very merry Christmas and happy new year!
Merry Christmas!
PaulG said:
Looking good, Jason!  The Manzano/Rocotos
are great pepper plants!

The Jiffy pellets are working great, bud!

Enjoy the holiday week to the utmost!
Hoping these pod up this season. Would hate to have to wait till the following year. The true leaves are getting bigger by the day. Will have to transfer into some pots in the next few days.
Glad the pellets are working out for you!
BTW.....
I dropped a box in the mail for you today. Threw in a few surprises for you too! OK more than a few. :D
Merry Christmas to you my friend!

Hi Jason,
   Your seedling pic of the Pube looked great... obviously taken by a proud papa. :) Anyway... Wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas and a new year filled with joy and health. Cheers!

Back