• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Nice, see you've got a few youngin poppin their heads up for ya....
Thanks Portuge,
Came home tonite to 3 more happily above ground and another trying.

Right on... you can't just sit there and not grow anything!
So true spicegeist! Don't have any of this worked out yet, just going for it.
Gotta materialize their final home for the winter.

Nice, I considered ordering some. Hope some grow orange or yellow for you.
Thanks WhamG,
I went for it. Didn't have a primo already. If they grow out red, no loss. If the are a cross, these should be F2s. So that will be interesting also. And if stay orange, even sweeter. Time will tell.

Lookin' good, GA. Looks like the rockwool is workin' for ya!
Yes, quite excited. An easy, no mess solution. Now have one from each of the other 3 varieties coming up too.
Your box went out this morning btw.

Will throw another pict up tomorrow.
Everyone take care & goodnight
Ga

nice when can you put em out side? in GA,? up here in NC it is May but i put an overwintered tabasco out in April only coverd it a few nights that were cool and by end of may i had a load of peppers,

So envious, I have at least 2 1/2 months before I start anything. I'm waiting on a few seeds to get to me, to add to what I want to grow. I also need to get some rock wool or coconut fiber to start my seeds in wally world here doesn't carry it, which is funny as 75% of the population around here grow their own food and wally world just carries peat pots and peat pellets which gets moldy and you can get damp off from them.

Whats up pepperhog,
I planted out this year toward the end of April. I bought one of those little shelfed greenhouses, so i had them outside mid march enjoying the sun.
These are staying inside though. Will root some cuttings, to go outside, from these when time comes.

So envious, I have at least 2 1/2 months before I start anything. I'm waiting on a few seeds to get to me, to add to what I want to grow. I also need to get some rock wool or coconut fiber to start my seeds in wally world here doesn't carry it, which is funny as 75% of the population around here grow their own food and wally world just carries peat pots and peat pellets which gets moldy and you can get damp off from them.
wildseed, i have had great success with those peat pellets. They are not my favorite starting medium that's for sure. This year i did the best at keeping them less moist, and that helped. This is my first time starting with rockwool. I do like it. But straight garden soil seem the best for me. But inside, soil = mess. Even with starting mixes, i manage ok, just still messy. Haven't tried rapid rooters. But see alot of success on here.
And feel you. I had to hit the hydro store in the city for the rockwool. Actually going back today for some coir, to plant these cubes in. The place has so much stuff, i feel like a kid in the candy store. But could easily spend two grand without trying, so im cautious when there. Only the basics!
Gotta get these babies some food soon, and trying hydroponics, so going with coir.
Good luck when time comes! And feel ya on the new seeds. I thought i was done, added 23 for next year, but want to search out a couple more.
The never ending quest!
Take care
Ga

This man sure knows how to grow peppers. He was also kind and generous enough to offer a box to me. Thanks, GA GH!

gagh.jpg

Some of these I think I can figure out, and some you helped me with, already. Correct me if I'm wrong on some of these, and perhaps you could name the question marks for me.

Starting at the top, left to right:

??, Yellow 7, Yellow Moruga

Fatalii, Choc Hab, Bishop's Crown

Choc Bhut, Orange 7, Peter

??, Jalap x Cayenne, Caribbean Red, ??

Scorp, ??, Variegatta.

Thanks again, man! There was one more of the Yellow 7's in the box, but it became pizza topping. ;)

Doc,
Top row... yel ghost, a yel brain & yel 7 large, and yel 7s and the big one is a yel brain.
Seconds row... correct except jamaican hot chocs.
Third row. Choc bhuts, then red 7s/red brains, peters.
Forth... a red douglah, cayenne jala cross, small 7s, either a scorp or red douglah. Leaning toward red dougy.
Last row... butch Ts and reg scorps, and a mystery c.chinese. not a super but quite enjoyable. And the tri-color variegatta.
So you were not that far off. Enjoy them!

I dug up a couple plants to overwinter. Wasn't going to do it, but was such a nice day and felt the urge to do so. So potted up a choc bhut (the one that showed the most striping when ripening with the colder weather), a yellow brain, a mystery plant that never podded up (red douglah or brown 7), a smaller butch T, and two small giant bhuts that never podded up.

And on the indoor front, 7 seedlings up.
Two choc scorps from dale@bakers peppers.
Two white 7s from judy@pepperlover.
One brown trinidad scotch bonnet also from judy@pepperlover.
And two orange primos from peter@semillas.de.
Picts to come.

Update...

Seven there were. Lucky number 7.
Now in coir with a blast of nutrients.
Happy they are.
13537194516108.jpg

One of the choc scorps
13537193900834.jpg

Trin Scotch bon brown.
13537194348147.jpg

Primo orange
13537194025995.jpg

And white 7
13537194202506.jpg

And... the garden outside. Freezing here tonite. It's a done deal.

Pod shots...

Pods ripening in a box. What was left from last weekends pull after a great gifting week.
13537193522692.jpg

Anything that had a good hint of color to come, got pulled yesterday.
13537193145511.jpg

& Tonights mad grab. Everything else.
13538179516581.jpg

Take care.

Lucky number 7. Coincidence that Trinidad peppers are 7's? You be the judge. ;)

Seriously, nice looking start for the indoor hydro setup. I'm thinking you won't have much of a break between the pods you just picked and your indoor grow producing.

Lucky number 7. Coincidence that Trinidad peppers are 7's? You be the judge. ;)

Seriously, nice looking start for the indoor hydro setup. I'm thinking you won't have much of a break between the pods you just picked and your indoor grow producing.

Thank you doc.
Seven is a good number!
I planted twelve. Seven came up.
Only wanted six originally, so got a bonus.
Hope the others dont rise. Seven is pushing it.

Left them in the cubes with plain water only, till yesterday.
With in twelve hours after putting in the coir with food, could already see growth. And now versus this morning, again i see it. Im excited.

I just yesterday put a bag in the freezer. Its that time again. Will be adding as they ripen to keep the fire going thru winter. Also filled my dehydrator up yesterday with pods that were buying time in the fridge. Still got eight hours or more on them. Loving the fresh powder.
So im trying to prepare for the absence of the garden.

Can't wait to see what i have. Pod wise.
This might get interesting.
Take care doc.

Quick update.
First... yellow brainstrain pod that ripened up nicely.
13544189117521.jpg

Was really yummy! I ate a small, quarter size, butch T on a leftover turkey and cheese sandwich today. The above yel brain was about 2/3 as hot as the summer pods. So was thinking this butch T would be the same. Wrong i was! It was hot! As all get out.
Made my day.
And speaking of this day.... i pulled every plant up in the garden. And then covered the whole plot with a foot deep of leaves with a bit of pinestraw mixed in. The cold had killed every plant last week, but it was a beautiful low to mid 60s day here in the GA, So i decided to get busy. Was going to till everything in, but probably going to let it sit as is, covered with leaves, and till in the spring.

The indoor plants are still kicking...
13544189222992.jpg

Here is one of the orange primos.
13544190025075.jpg

Choc scorp
13544189924234.jpg

White 7
13544189341573.jpg

And trin scotch bon brown
13544190132506.jpg

Still have them sitting under a cfl in desk lamp. Gotta build them a permanent home soon.

Take care everyone
Ga GH

The young seedlings all are looking good.
Thanks Jeff. I am every happy at their progress. First time with hydroponics. So lets see if i can keep them alive. :)

Lookin' good, man! Once those things get into DWC it's gonna take off!
Thanks Brent. Not doing DWC. I am planning on leaving a couple in coco and hand feed/water them. Then build a flood and drain system for the others. Maybe dwc down the line. Hopefully i can pull both ways off, but i still have seeds for spring if i don't for these. Wanting to learn something here. I won't start the seeds for outdoors until the end of January, so got about two months to find out if i need to. Going to take cuttings around then if these are still alive, for the garden. Hopefully that will work out.
I just bought some more seeds too, so i am going to have to expand the garden to grow everything i want. I dont see how its going fit otherwise. I need to start deciding how many of what and get an estimate of the total number of plants to prepare for. Anyway...
Thanks to you two for checking me out.
Take care everyone.
Ga GH

So everything is still alive and kicking, even with me trying to kill them. I was not being exact in anyway when mixing formula and fert burn them a bit. Flushed them afterwards and started mixing using measuring devices, so they have recovered and started to show more growth. Still under one CFL, and neglecting them dearly. Once i get the box built, one happy plant will stay inside, the others will go outside. Well thats the new plan anyway. :)
Here is a white 7 pot.
13583060113602.jpg

And the gang.
13583060335543.jpg

I also have finalized a growlist for the outdoor garden. I put seeds into a coco filled tray on Sunday (jan. 13th). And on the heating mat to germinate.

Here is the list of what i planted:

Trinidad scorpion red
Trinidad scorpion chocolate
Trinidad scorpion yellow CARDI
Trinidad scorpion orange
Trinidad scorpion moruga blend red
Trinidad scorpion moruga blend yellow
Trinidad scorpion Butch T
Trinidad sunrise scorpion
Trinidad scorpion sweet
Trinidad scorpion green
7 pot 007
7 pot red (two types/sources)
7 pot bubblegum
7 pot white
7 pot yellow
7 pot yellow Large
7 pot brown
7 pot infinity
7 pot Primo orange
7 pot brainstrain yellow (red pheno)
7 pot brainstrain yellow
7 pot douglah (two sources)
7 pot douglah (long pheno)
7 pot douglah red
7 pot madballz
7 pot jonah
7pot Chocolate Barrackpore
Bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) red
Bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) yellow
Bhut jolokia peach
Bhut jolokia brown/chocolate
Giant bhut jolokia Red
Big Bang Chocolate Naga
Bali Naga
Naga Morich
Bombay Morich
7Pot Jonah X Naga Morich F6
Red Scotch Bonnet LG X Trinidad Congo F4 ( Huge)
Trinidad scotch bonnet brown
Jamaican hot chocolate
Bhut Orange Copenhagen ®
Devil's tongue yellow
Devil's tongue white
Scotch bonnet var. small yellow
Scotch Bonnet Yellow - Papa Joe's
Scotch Bonnet Yellow - P.Dreadie
Scotch Bonnet Yellow - TFM
Scotch Bonnet Yellow (refiningfirechilis)
Bahamian goat pepper
Jellybean white habanero
Peruvian white hab
Giant White Habanero
Tobago Treasure
Tobago Seasoning
Trinidad cherry
Mustard habanero
Red habanero
Bonda Ma Jacque
Dátil (two sources)
Brown egg
CGN 23258 (Brazilian wild pepper)
Wild Brazil
mystery c. chinese
Blonde
Bishop's Crown
Aji Pineapple

And these will be started next month:

Thai orange hot
Thai hot

Firecracker
Fushimi
Hungarian hot cherry
Hot cherry large
Hungarian hot wax
Hot Banana
Hot cow horn
Peter pepper
Jalapeno Purple
jalapeno (m)
Giant marconi
Giant marconi x jalapeno F2
Variegatta
Pretty purple
Piquin
Cayenne
Bell orange
Bell red
Bell purple
Bell chocolate
Georgia Black
mulato island
Amish bush
Aji Pen 3-1

Also have as overwinters:

7 pot brain strain yellow
Choc bhut
Butch T scorp
Giant bhut jolokia
And a mystery plant (either red douglah or brown 7)

Here is the tray in my makeshift area with the existing plants.
13583059822361.jpg

Thanks for looking.
take care
GA

Btw... Took the cover off for that pict.

Back