• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Beautiful pics and pods … one of my JA Habs did the same as your Jonah with the bottom pushed/pulled up. I just labeled her seeds JA Bell cause the shape is very much like a bell, lol.

Awesome job mon, have a great week!

stc3248 said:
Damn grasshoppers! Pod shots look great aside from that shot! 
Sorry been Slack! Took me a minute. Thank you Shane! Pods still forming. Weather is still hot (upper 80s low 90s). And mostly dry weather too. I watered the potted plants on sunday after the flea market, they needed it, and then a little storm shower blew thru.
Can't complain about the weather, just the lack of time. You got that problem too?
Devv said:
Pods look great! Those Jonah's really stand out too!

I hear ya about the grasshoppers! And they seem to have favorites. They go straight to the Reapers, I'm lucky if I get 1 out of 5. And I do the same thing you do, let them ripen and save the seeds. Bonnie posted about a product that's organic and does kill them, but it has a short shelf life and needs to be applied as soon as they start to show. It's like BT for G-Hoppers. Aside from trying that next spring I'm going to keep the pasture mowed real low next season so they are more exposed to the birds as they move in...we'll see.

Enjoy Sunday!
Thanks for that info Scott! I will definitely loom into that next season. There is a specific grasshopper that i find on the plants. It is not the normal ones that i see in the yard. Little bit longer back legs. Caught one in action so i know its the culprit.
Sorry it took a minute to get back in here. I have been trying to keep up with everyone else's glogs, including yours.
Happy hump day soon!
annie57 said:
Outta likes, Jason! Gorgeous poddage; almost bought the BOC and little brown egg seed from Bjarne but am holding off, for now. Wait until he gets some BG7 seeds in as well. I have a few I from some pods Shane sent; great review of that btw. Great reviews overall. Rain and grasshoppers seem to . . . at least for our area. I never had them as a problem before. Damnable rain this year!

And am sorry about your back. Feel for you . . .  having that crappy issue as well. Even if it feels like being butchered sometimes, at least I can move.

Love that flea market table. I'd had to have relieved you of some pods! Peace, hon.
So grassy hop hops getting you too? Maybe it is the rain.
My back has been up and down. Today down... but gotta keep getting on getting.
Hope your not broken btw! Gotta keep that third eye out when running around them youngsters!
& You know i got you covered on seeds if you never make that purchase.
meatfreak said:
Useless grasshoppers  :shame: you can never have enough seeds of a nice variety. Does the Jonah plant have pods that all look like that or just a few? Might be fun to keep those seeds on the side.
So true Stefan! Saving seeds like crazy now.
On that particular jonah all the pods are shaped bell like with the bottom pushed up. I am keep those separate. ;)
I think i remember seeing that 007s are from a jonah line. Two of my 007s are also making pods shaped with the same pushed up bottoms. Thimble shaped is what I'm calling it. The ywllow 007 is one of them.
I ate half of that yellow 007 tonite with dinner. It had a pod in a pod. Strong yellow chinense odor. Taste was like a typical yel chinense but with a twangy taste in there too. I was hot, but when i ate the top part with the most placenta, it was damn hot! I put me in panic mode. It had that slow building burn that just increases to a very uncomfortable pain. I ran out of food on my plate about the time it started laying it on me. I hung as long as i could before jumping to grab a drink. Then some ice cream. And after almost ten minutes it stopped building, leveled off and slowly went away. Damn Hot i tell you. Then jonahs i have, also have that same burn, slow building, then building to a crazy hot burn.
Let know at seasons end and i will add these to whatever else I'm sending you. :)
WalkGood said:
Beautiful pics and pods one of my JA Habs did the same as your Jonah with the bottom pushed/pulled up. I just labeled her seeds JA Bell cause the shape is very much like a bell, lol.

Awesome job mon, have a great week!
That's awesome. This one jonah is just making those nimble pods. I like them. I was think bell too, but if you say bell shaped, people picture a bell pepper. Not a true bell shape.
Happy hump day to you my friend!

Thank you, Jason. Have identified the peach and white bhut via taste, and that Sbonnet mushroom tastes like a MoA, kind of--only one have had are Ramon's but planting them from seed scored this year.

And thank you and identification if you don't mind? The lower ones am more confused about. Except one looks like choc hab or some sort.

AnnsGlog9-13Jason2_zpsad250b50.jpg

Peach bhut, bonnets/mushrooms, white bhut, maybe white 7?; are the ones look like yellow 7's BOC and/or and are there Madballz in here? Choc bhut, black naga? What be da green and what be the orange habish is that the BOC? Red gnarly round?

AnnsGlog9-13Jason1_zps9a482f29.jpg

Thank you so much, Jason! Hope the Orange Thai got there. (Let me know if not.) Again, thank you!

annie57 said:
Thank you, Jason. Have identified the peach and white bhut via taste, and that Sbonnet mushroom tastes like a MoA, kind of--only one have had are Ramon's but planting them from seed scored this year.

And thank you and identification if you don't mind? The lower ones am more confused about. Except one looks like choc hab or some sort.

AnnsGlog9-13Jason2_zpsad250b50.jpg

Peach bhut, bonnets/mushrooms, white bhut, maybe white 7?; are the ones look like yellow 7's BOC and/or and are there Madballz in here? Choc bhut, black naga? What be da green and what be the orange habish is that the BOC? Red gnarly round?

AnnsGlog9-13Jason1_zps9a482f29.jpg

Thank you so much, Jason! Hope the Orange Thai got there. (Let me know if not.) Again, thank you!
Attempted to fill in the blanks on your glog. Not totally sure what i did or didn't put in as i mad packed it in a hurry. But see a few things I'm sure about. :D

Vegas_Chili said:
Lots of awesomeness and charing! Looking good man!

, Walter
Thanks Walter! Sharing the fire!
Bodeen said:
Nice box of pods!!!
You have sent out a fair share of killer boxes too!
Been slack. Work, the house, garden, flea market, and family has kept me pretty busy lately. Trying to keep up with everyone else's glogs and breeze the new content here. A job on it's own.

This giant jalapeno (m) came from seeds i grew every year since 2009 except last year. I had lost the pack. Found them over winter and grew them again. Got my moneys worth with these. Were the hottest jalapenos i have ever grew. This season's are huge! Not like any previous year with the same pack of seeds. See what i mean.
13793037752610.jpg

Peach PI441598s
13793039189591.jpg

7 jonah thimble pods
13793040886623.jpg

13793040015382.jpg

Pretty happy to see, on the right, my other choc barrackpore finally have a ripe pod. It appears to actually be chocolate brown, not red/Burgundy brown like the other plant. Hell yeah!
13793041795534.jpg

So out of three 7browns, the last finally ripened to brown. Wasn't as hot as i was hoping, but had good heat. Taste was nice and sweet too.
13792893190744.jpg

Portuge said:
7pot Jonah nimble? Never heard of em... But cool pods, do they have the same 7pot scorching bite to em?
Sorry Portuge. A late night m typo on my part. Fixed to be thimble. As all the pods are growing into a thimble like shape with the hole on the bottom. I also saw on Saturday another Jonah in the bottom garden, that got overgrown by it's neighbors, that is also consistently making this shape but turning yellow. It was late to the game, so first pods on it now. All my other Jonahs are making typical pods. These thimble shaped ones have same heat & taste.
I'm sure the yellow will taste different though.
Sorry for the confusion.
PeriPeri said:
Amazing grow... those super pods just keep on coming - well done GA!
Thanks Lourens! Everything is putting out flowers again, big time! Last harvest is going to be a big one.

Looking great Jason!  Those jals are pretty monsterous! I always love growin em, and I usually leave em be for a while and end up picking like 2 dozen or so. I still have a bag of dried, smoked pods that I need to grind down and make chipotle powder!

Gonna be a great rest of the season for you, nice big harvest to finish out a great season!

Little hole on those Jonah 7 thimble look like hole to Hades . . . naw: they just couldn't be that hot. :shocked: Beautiful shots, Jason! Along with those orange thai should've sent you some Jamie-seed 7 Pod Brown x Naga. Pretty sweet and warm.

Of all the beautiful pods out there...it sure is hard to beat a well corked Jal. That thing looks delicious! My mouth started watering as soon as I looked at it! That Brown 7 ain't hot enough for ya??? Looks evil to the core from here...and hot enough for sure! What an amazing season brotha...keep them pics flowing!

Devv said:
Most excellent grow!

Fine job this year Jay!
Thanks Scott. Your isn't that bad either. Can't wait to see what you do next year!
WalkGood said:
Awesome pods Jason, keep dem coming ... they all look beautiful. Hope you have a great week brethren :)
Thanks Ramon! Was a busy, hard week but i have survived! Hope you have a great weekend!
MGOLD86 said:
Looking great Jason!  Those jals are pretty monsterous! I always love growin em, and I usually leave em be for a while and end up picking like 2 dozen or so. I still have a bag of dried, smoked pods that I need to grind down and make chipotle powder!

Gonna be a great rest of the season for you, nice big harvest to finish out a great season!
Thanks Matt. Finally getting some rain today. It's dumping atm. The garden really needed it. I ended up slicing that jala up on a pizza. Was perfect! I slacked on the annuums this year so they are behind and just starting to ripen. Always grow a few, and the wife loves the purple jalas. They are so sweet when ripened to red.
annie57 said:
Little hole on those Jonah 7 thimble look like hole to Hades . . . naw: they just couldn't be that hot. :shocked: Beautiful shots, Jason! Along with those orange thai should've sent you some Jamie-seed 7 Pod Brown x Naga. Pretty sweet and warm.
The jonahs are really cool. And man... they will get ya. Slow building to ouch! I want to try the yellow jonah, also thimbled, to see if it is anything like the yellow 007. The 007 seem like jonahs in taste and heat to me, so that got me wondering. The jonah gone yellow was just turning last weekend, so should be ready today. Waiting the rain out. :)
stc3248 said:
Of all the beautiful pods out there...it sure is hard to beat a well corked Jal. That thing looks delicious! My mouth started watering as soon as I looked at it! That Brown 7 ain't hot enough for ya??? Looks evil to the core from here...and hot enough for sure! What an amazing season brotha...keep them pics flowing!
I have been waiting on that jala for a while and it sure was delicious. The 7 brown was just not true imo. When one is red, the other rust, and the last brown but not a scorcher... I'm thinking genetic drift/cross. Seeds were from judy, and still killer pods. Just many other things have been hotter, where as i am expect the brown to be hotter. Keeping the rusty brown going next season. :)

My new favorite pod i am thinking.

Bahamian goat
13797818458530.jpg

Last weekends GWHs next to some Yel TS morugas at the market.
13797820403193.jpg

Jamison knows how to hook a brother up. All things i have never tasted or grown!
13797818828121.jpg

Naga vipers, goatweed, maui purple, yel mushrooms, MOAs, primos, birgits and more!

Thank brotha!!

Just happened to talking about goats weed yesterday as a wanted addition and Jamison total hooked me up without knowing the same day. Stoked on these for sure.
13797819468292.jpg

Primos look ultra gnar gnar!

Let it rain... as i enjoy the day off!
Happy Saturday!

Lookin' good brother, and the rain should help things along I'm thinking. I loved the Bahamian Goat pods that coheed shared with me earlier, and glad to see you do as well. What's your favorite way to fix Bhuts? They're too concentrated to eat by themselves unless you're counting coup on yourself, but I wonder how best to "unlock" the flavor like you would a glass of whiskey by adding a bit of water to it.

GA Growhead said:
Thanks Scott. Your isn't that bad either. Can't wait to see what you do next year!
Thanks Ramon! Was a busy, hard week but i have survived! Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks Matt. Finally getting some rain today. It's dumping atm. The garden really needed it. I ended up slicing that jala up on a pizza. Was perfect! I slacked on the annuums this year so they are behind and just starting to ripen. Always grow a few, and the wife loves the purple jalas. They are so sweet when ripened to red.

The jonahs are really cool. And man... they will get ya. Slow building to ouch! I want to try the yellow jonah, also thimbled, to see if it is anything like the yellow 007. The 007 seem like jonahs in taste and heat to me, so that got me wondering. The jonah gone yellow was just turning last weekend, so should be ready today. Waiting the rain out. :)
I have been waiting on that jala for a while and it sure was delicious. The 7 brown was just not true imo. When one is red, the other rust, and the last brown but not a scorcher... I'm thinking genetic drift/cross. Seeds were from judy, and still killer pods. Just many other things have been hotter, where as i am expect the brown to be hotter. Keeping the rusty brown going next season. :)

My new favorite pod i am thinking.

Bahamian goat
13797818458530.jpg

Last weekends GWHs next to some Yel TS morugas at the market.
13797820403193.jpg

That's one good looking and big ass B. Goat pepper! I liked it a lot as well last season, funny thing is the inside of the pepper is white. That GWH's looks a lot like my 7 Pot White last season, the GWH's I'm growing this year looks more like a Habanero.

Back