• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

gas prices

In the Sun newspaper today they were comparing the costs of running a car and having horses with a carriage, a bit bizarre I know considering the speed a horse would do and other setbacks with it but obviously the horses were a lot cheaper. How great would it be to ride a horse to work? (a horse, not a my little Pony), you can't ride Rainbowberry.

rainbowberry said:
In the Sun newspaper today they were comparing the costs of running a car and having horses with a carriage, a bit bizarre I know considering the speed a horse would do and other setbacks with it but obviously the horses were a lot cheaper. How great would it be to ride a horse to work? (a horse, not a my little Pony), you can't ride Rainbowberry.

Some kid was doing just that in Kentucky or Tennessee(riding his horse to school and to work and such) and they finally found a way to bust him for it. They got him for littering because of the road apples.

imaguitargod said:
: repeats to himslef :

"Don't go there Passow...don't go there Passow....just walk away...don't comment..."

yeah, it took an awful lot of self-restraint to not 'jump' on that one myself.

Chiliac said:
>1.50€ per litre. Not sure about the conversion rate atm, go find out yourself! :)

thats simple for everyone.
if ya want to compare prices from gallons to liters, divide our gallon prices with 3.785 (liters in 1 gallon)
or if we'd want to compare your liter prices to our gallon prices, we'd just times your liter prices with 3.785.

& it seems like USA is a little cheaper. but I wonder if your prices are higher taxed for other needs/programs other than transportion projects ?

4.35 for regular unleaded 4.45 for medium grade and 4.55-4.75 for super premo and over 5 for diesel -- Last I heard we were second to California the Governer is staving the tax increase in July we'll just see how they get revenue now

I suggest everyone pick up a bike and start bicycle commuting(if you're close enough) to work. I do it 3 or 4 times a week and it saves me a ton of money.

Sickmont said:
I suggest everyone pick up a bike and start bicycle commuting(if you're close enough) to work. I do it 3 or 4 times a week and it saves me a ton of money.

But get a flask holder fixed on it first if it's a long journey.

We have car share schemes going on in the UK, and if you don't know of one at your work place you go on a site and find one in your area.

rainbowberry said:
But get a flask holder fixed on it first if it's a long journey.

We have car share schemes going on in the UK, and if you don't know of one at your work place you go on a site and find one in your area.

They've got really crappy mass transit here, but there is a decent carpooling system available here. But as i only live 4 miles from my job and i enjoy occasionally getting off my ass and getting outside, i ride in.

As a plus, it's faster to bike to work than driving because of the traffic here.

heck, I would get run over here riding a bike...have been thinking about getting a moped tho

on the rainbowpony?

I'm gonna find me a horse just about this big, An' ride him all along the border line with a Pair of heavy-duty Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
Every other wrangler would say I was mighty grand

is Sally around?

In Guatemala around US$4.65 a gallon. And over here you have to use your car. Using public transportation is like playing russian roulette. And riding a bike is out of the question. Tons of motorcycles on the street, though. I have been hit by a car twice in my life so that was it for me and motorcycles. Guess I have to suck it up...

What gets me is that there is no oil shortage, it's just a bunch of people speculating on prices and playing the market. Same thing happened with coffee this year. The crops were fine and lots of coffee to go around, but some assholes somewhere in the world started playing around and just you wait to see how your coffee prices are going to go through the roof.

Back