• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Gassy's 2010/2011 Pepper Growing Thread Thingy

Thanks for the awesome support guys! It's that kinda talk that will get me back up on the horse next season. :D

Gas after watching what you went through last year and seeing it happen again this year I couldn't bear to follow your thread. I am very happy to hear that you finally got it figured out and found a way to fix it. Don't beat yourself up for using chemicals. Sometimes that's the only thing that works. I've done it myself.

I am so glad that you've been able to harvest some pods this time. So glad. I am anxious to hear what you think about the superhots.

Best of luck to you man. You deserve it.
I am glad too! ;)

My harvests may be small, but under the circumstances and taking last season into consideration, I'm still claiming a WIN! :lol:

The superhots? They are kicking my ass! After all the sauces, dried pods and powders I've had, I thought I would have no troubles tackling some freshies.... but I was wrong! Something about them, I dunno, but they are absolutely murdering me.

:mouthonfire:

Another little harvest.... :D

Guajillo, more Aji Lemons (my plant is going off!), Bhut Assam, and a little Yellow Bhut:
IMG_4565.jpg

Still have some poddage action happening too....

Yellow 7 Pod: :D
IMG_4570.jpg

Lotsa little Wasps:
IMG_4577.jpg

And one of my healthier Trinidad Scorpion plants is budding too. :D

Really hope I see at least one pod from it as Scorps are what I wanted the most this season!

What a comeback! your plants are looking nice and productive now
Thanks, mate!

As our season here is surely coming to an end very soon (it is now Autumn), I reckon I won't be seeing much more production and just waiting for the handful of pods left on my plants to ripen. :(

How long left in your growing season Gasi.
Marc, I really couldn't tell you, mate! I'll let you know when I find out myself.... ;)

Last season was my first time growing and it was a total disaster. I'm not even sure any of my plants were still alive by the time Autumn hit! :lol:

At this point in time now, most of my plants have stopped flowering except for a couple of my sweets (capsicums) and one of my Scorps which has just started budding.

I'm under the impression that here in sub-tropics should be able to grow pretty much all year round even if plants don't produce in winter? Guess I will find out!

Hell to the yeah!!

I grewed me first superhot! ::D:
I haven't been able to get a pepper to ripen on the plant yet but I've had to have them indoors since I started growing peppers late last summer. Now that I've got some ready to put outside, maybe they'll ripen on the plant in a couple of months.

I thought that as well
Gonna experiment a little this winter. I will let some of my plants grow untouched (just to see what they do over the winter period), I will prune a few right back (standard overwintering practice, I know, but first time for me), and will start some seeds maybe in about a month (get a massive heat start for next season!).

I haven't been able to get a pepper to ripen on the plant yet but I've had to have them indoors since I started growing peppers late last summer. Now that I've got some ready to put outside, maybe they'll ripen on the plant in a couple of months.
Hoping for ya!

The wait is horrible! :lol:

Gonna experiment a little this winter. I will let some of my plants grow untouched (just to see what they do over the winter period), I will prune a few right back (standard overwintering practice, I know, but first time for me), and will start some seeds maybe in about a month (get a massive heat start for next season!).

Very wise to start your seeds early if you can. I just keep on planting and if they dont pod up this season they sure will early next season. We generally have mild winters here so at worst they have to go into some shelter for a few weeks but I have just left them under trees in pots before and "The Strong Survive". Your winters are even warmer than ours so you shouldnt have any problems.

Well, we may be already one month into Autumb here and it may be starting to get a little cooler but the season continues! :D

Looks like I am gonna see some Scorps afterall! :woohoo:

IMG_4601.jpg

And Choc Bhuts!

IMG_4606.jpg

And got this Dorset Naga that has was growing so poorly all season but decides to explode over the last couple weeks....

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4611.jpg

It is absolutely loaded with buds, flowers, and in the last few days, many, many little pods! :D

On not such a good note though, still battling stupid little mites. They are absolutely slaughtering some of my plants. :(

IMG_4620.jpg

Very soon I will dispose of the plants that are affected the worst and Rogor the rest to hopefully keep the little shits at bay over winter.

maybe spray around the grounds where your going to put your pots this next season,
also around the base of the pots may help to keep the bugs away for a while till your plants strengthen up????

maybe spray around the grounds where your going to put your pots this next season,
also around the base of the pots may help to keep the bugs away for a while till your plants strengthen up????
Sounds like a plan, Grant. I'm actually gonna spray most of them today (except for the ones still fruiting which I am moving away from the others for time being) and might do just that!

It probably hasn't helped either that they are sitting on a bed of weeds ATM.

Back