• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Gassy's 2010/2011 Pepper Growing Thread Thingy

And lastly, the ugly....

WTH is this thing?? Tell it I hate it! :mad:

IMG_5027.jpg

that was a wittle gwub...now its going to be ...probably a cabbage moth

What have you got in the propagator? tell me tell me.
Just a few bits and pieces for now....

CGN 22794 (C. praetermissum)
CGN 22795 (C. praetermissum)
CAP 501 (C. chacoense)
C. chacoense
Pimenta Da Neyde
Bonda Ma Jacques
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
Aji Amarillo
NuMex Twilight
Omnicolor

I am very excited to give the wilds a go and couldn't help myself! I hear that they can take a rather long time to germinate and need a long growing season... plus I wanted to start them super early just in case that if anything goes wrong, I've got time to start them again.

Pimenta Da Neyde? I am really looking forward to seeing these too. I actually started some this last season but due to being really busy around the time I started them (it was around the time of the floods), I ended up neglecting them and they died from damping off. :(

Bonda Ma Jacques, TS Yellow and Aji Amarillo? Randomly picked... mainly because I haven't grown them before. I tried growing Bonda Ma Jacques my first season but so far they have been the only ones I haven't been able to get to germinate (which I am putting down to bad seeds :lol:). Fingers-crossed this time!

And lastly, I am growing the NuMex Twilight and Omnicolor for my Aunty. Thought I would get them out of the way.

Hey gas, you should make some BT poppers.

Jus' sayin..... :D

I bet those "not dorsets" will turn out to be orange. My guess anyways!

Hey gas, you should make some BT poppers.

Jus' sayin..... :D

I bet those "not dorsets" will turn out to be orange. My guess anyways!
BT poppers.... :shocked:

I'm pretty sure I'm not quite at that level yet! :rofl:

Yeah, I got a feeling they might be some kind of yellow or orange Scotch Bonnet. It's probably not helping that it is getting cooler now but they are sure taking their sweet-ass time to ripen!

Those are some nice choices for the upcoming season Gassy!
and your plants look great!!, those TS are perfect!
And the bhuts look truly vicious!! Excellent pics man!!

Kevin

Those are some nice choices for the upcoming season Gassy!
and your plants look great!!, those TS are perfect!
And the bhuts look truly vicious!! Excellent pics man!!

Kevin
Thanks Kevin!

It's been a lot of trial and error (and what seems like more misses than hits :lol:) but happy to have got somewhere in the end!

Thanks to the advice people here share and through experience, I'm a lot more confident with my coming season and hopefully I'll have some even better pics to share! :D

wow I don't even know what half of those are. I wish I could start early too but the winter down here is too brrrrrrrrrr.

OK, this is a little more like it!

Bhut_Jolokia_Chocolate-3.jpg

Still got a handful of assorted Bhuts left to ripen but now that my Chocs are ripening, I'm calling it.... season 2010/2011 - DONE!

Best part is, season 2011/2012 is already underway with four little guys breaking the surface already. :D

You're like a surfer chasing an endless summer :rofl:
Is Bris subtropical or something?

A few of my plants look like the one you posted and said it was mites. Is there a definitive sign of mites?

Back