• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Genetikx 2018

First time doing a glog but have followed others for years now. I don't expect monster 5' plants being just north of Chicago but I do expect to have a good time in the dirt and to neglect pulling weeds a time or twelve. The goal is grow a ton of peppers for sauce and maybe even get into powders this year.

We're currently rocking a 4' 4 tube hydrofarm T5, which I think is an awesome fluorescent. In the past I've supplemented with regular shop lights in the seedling stage and for overflow but might get another proper T5 soon. First time growing in this new house so hopeful to avoid mites, aphids, and the like. I'll end up throwing some plants in the backyard and then also claim a spot at the community garden.

Best of luck to all the awesome grows here at THP. Hope everyone has a great 2018.

Here's the grow list, subject to change just a little bit

Aji Amarillo
Aji Pineapple (WHP)
Andy's Chocolate Reaper Scorpion (WHP)
Bahamian Goat (AJDrew)
Bahamian Goat (Fiogga)
Bahamian Goat (WM)
Bih Jolokia X Sugar Rush Peach (WHP)
Blue Christmas (D3)
BOC
BOC X Aji Pineapple (WHP)
Brain Strain Yellow (one from my seed stock, one for grow down)
D3 Goat Giant
D3 Goat Yellow #4
El Scorponero #6 (D3)
EOB Mustard (I have just one seed lol, fingers crossed)
Fatalii White (WHP)
Flexosoum (Romy)
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Peach (AJDrew)
Habanero Peach (Paphlady)
Habanero Purple (WHP)
Jalapeno Biker Billy
Jalapeno Zapotec
OBEAH (Bumpy Lobed)
Omni Bonnet (D3)
PDN X Bonda Ma Jacques (PaulG)
Peach Ghost
Peach Ghost SS
Scotch Bonnet Allen Boatman (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet Belize
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet MOA
Scotch Bonnet MOA (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie Select (mpicante)
Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie Select (Trident)
Scotch Bonnet Yellow
Scotch Brain
Scotch Brain Long X Yellow BBG7 (Trident)

Got a decent harvest today but man, theres a boatload of chile in there. Getting tough to walk thru the rows unscathed
wRteYGe.jpg

Devv said:
That pic right there is one to die for!

Nice work! My heat stricken are embarrassed now :shh:
Thanks Scott, can't wait to see your plants bounce back next month.

Actually a little concerned with the amount of rain we've gotten this weekend and continuing for the next several days. Thinking a bunch of pods might split but we'll see.

We go from too cold in June, to too dry in July, too hot in August, now too wet in September. Weather has definitely not cooperated this year.

Genetikx said:
Thanks Scott, can't wait to see your plants bounce back next month.

Actually a little concerned with the amount of rain we've gotten this weekend and continuing for the next several days. Thinking a bunch of pods might split but we'll see.

We go from too cold in June, to too dry in July, too hot in August, now too wet in September. Weather has definitely not cooperated this year.

It's been a different year here too, hot way earlier and it stayed all summer long. Now they're talking a cold winter; I'm hoping my gals put some pods down. I hopefully have them in flowering-setting mode. We have rain forecast for the next 10 days; got 1.1"s today.

If it looks like they will split. you can always pull them a bit early.

Fingers crossed for ya!

Devv said:

It's been a different year here too, hot way earlier and it stayed all summer long. Now they're talking a cold winter; I'm hoping my gals put some pods down. I hopefully have them in flowering-setting mode. We have rain forecast for the next 10 days; got 1.1"s today.

If it looks like they will split. you can always pull them a bit early.

Fingers crossed for ya!
We got about 7" rain the last 24 hrs and looks like more to come in the forecast. Weather has been strange, just huge dumps of water, then a break for a couple hours, another huge dump of water. Never seen this as a kid but that's been the MO past couple years...me thinks global warming is at play. There's a shocker, who knew. It can downpour at my house and be dry 2 miles away or vice versa. .

It'd be hard to catch them before the split since they're at the community garden and I've only been going once a week, especially with how wet it's been, and how busy work had been. Hopefully can catch a break this week

Good luck the rest of the way out, keeping a close eye on your updates!

Plants are looking good! We have had the same type of weather here, except it has just sprinkled and did some nice light rain for the last 5 days. Its been nice out but so humid you sweat as soon as you start to move lol. Most of my plants are huge now. I just hope they are setting pods that will ripen before frost. And on the weather, it could be geo-engineering. Maybe that's my foil hat talking though

Genetikx said:
Peach ghost looking really gnarly and very productive.

Just awesome looking pods! Your plants are holding their own with all the rain ;)

And we're up to 7"s over the last 4 days. El Nino? Some plants are showing signs of Leaching (going yellow), I hit them with nutes and it just washes through the next day..

We just went from 90 to 60 degrees pretty much overnight. I got a really decent harvest over this weekend, some split pods as I expected, but good pull overall. Supposed to get back in the 80s next week. It's looking more and more like this year will end up with one massive haul in about 3 weeks. Last time I grew this many plants it was a 5 gallon bucket of pods every week starting first week of August, so I'm behind quite a bit with that as the standard. Good thing tho since I don't know what I'd do with them other than give them away.

Genetikx said:
These guys are getting really big. Pic was taken before I realized a handful were tipped from weight of pods and need to be staked
TY5CwuU.jpg

IVfo7oU.jpg
Wow, Ryan! I haven't been gloggin' for a while and I show up here to find a treasure trove and pepper grove. Fantastic work!!! All nice and uniform. Those peach bhuts...how does one go about getting some seeds for those?

Bhuter said:
Wow, Ryan! I haven't been gloggin' for a while and I show up here to find a treasure trove and pepper grove. Fantastic work!!! All nice and uniform. Those peach bhuts...how does one go about getting some seeds for those?
Lol thanks, yea they finally started doing what they were supposed to do. Guess I can't blame them, I set em back a good month on my own.

As for peach ghost seeds, you send me your address and wait patiently

Back