• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Genetikx 2018

First time doing a glog but have followed others for years now. I don't expect monster 5' plants being just north of Chicago but I do expect to have a good time in the dirt and to neglect pulling weeds a time or twelve. The goal is grow a ton of peppers for sauce and maybe even get into powders this year.

We're currently rocking a 4' 4 tube hydrofarm T5, which I think is an awesome fluorescent. In the past I've supplemented with regular shop lights in the seedling stage and for overflow but might get another proper T5 soon. First time growing in this new house so hopeful to avoid mites, aphids, and the like. I'll end up throwing some plants in the backyard and then also claim a spot at the community garden.

Best of luck to all the awesome grows here at THP. Hope everyone has a great 2018.

Here's the grow list, subject to change just a little bit

Aji Amarillo
Aji Pineapple (WHP)
Andy's Chocolate Reaper Scorpion (WHP)
Bahamian Goat (AJDrew)
Bahamian Goat (Fiogga)
Bahamian Goat (WM)
Bih Jolokia X Sugar Rush Peach (WHP)
Blue Christmas (D3)
BOC
BOC X Aji Pineapple (WHP)
Brain Strain Yellow (one from my seed stock, one for grow down)
D3 Goat Giant
D3 Goat Yellow #4
El Scorponero #6 (D3)
EOB Mustard (I have just one seed lol, fingers crossed)
Fatalii White (WHP)
Flexosoum (Romy)
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Peach (AJDrew)
Habanero Peach (Paphlady)
Habanero Purple (WHP)
Jalapeno Biker Billy
Jalapeno Zapotec
OBEAH (Bumpy Lobed)
Omni Bonnet (D3)
PDN X Bonda Ma Jacques (PaulG)
Peach Ghost
Peach Ghost SS
Scotch Bonnet Allen Boatman (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet Belize
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet MOA
Scotch Bonnet MOA (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie Select (mpicante)
Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie Select (Trident)
Scotch Bonnet Yellow
Scotch Brain
Scotch Brain Long X Yellow BBG7 (Trident)

Trident chilli said:
How is your Obeah getting on .... mine (your seed) is pushing out some nice shapes ... your plants especially the ScotchBrain are looking good
Ahh, bad news there. I only had one plant and pulled it when it looked diseased. I was probably paranoid, pulled about 10 plants, chopped about 10 other plants in half. Everything looks great now, but i have no obeah. If you get any good phenos, I'd love a xmas card...tfm bonnet x yellow pixie looks great in return

Genetikx said:
Ahh, bad news there. I only had one plant and pulled it when it looked diseased. I was probably paranoid, pulled about 10 plants, chopped about 10 other plants in half. Everything looks great now, but i have no obeah. If you get any good phenos, I'd love a xmas card...tfm bonnet x yellow pixie looks great in return
Sorry to read that when the Obeah matures I will send you some photos... your at the top of my Christmas card list the TFM x Pixie looks a great variety

Pulled a bunch weeds overthe weekend so here's what things look like clean

Row 1
8pcNh9q.jpg

In between row 1 and 2
ixUihuR.jpg

Between rows 2 and 3
H8SxgVl.jpg

Between rows 3 and 4. Paul's pdn x bonda cross up front so passer by's can get a look-see
7x5DNEu.jpg

Between row 5 and my pathetic tomato crop, maybe I'll put more effort into them next year. Cukes and squash/zucchini were great, doing broccoli for the first time but it looks good, and watermelon might ripen after all
a2rKIVx.jpg

Overall group shot, I was probably way paranoid to pull 10 plants and chop the hell out of a bunch of others. For example, 1st plant in row 2 is a scrawny scotch yellow (probably Papa Joe's) because I hacked it pretty good. Super healthy looking now but maybe too late to get pods.
mCzs9jK.jpg

PtMD989 said:
What do you do with the weeds? Do they have a place for them or do you have to haul them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can see that reddish/brown thing in the background, that's where they go. I imagine they get taken away for some kind of composting. I've thrown about a dozen zucchini in there after they grew to the size of a cruise ship

Plants are fully loaded now.

Here's BOC
elDUnOS.jpg

All time fave, mustard hab
wf6keoe.jpg

Paul's pdn x bonda white
i8fKw0x.jpg

Baha Goat
kfwmvbu.jpg

Another Baha Goat
C6tlVrF.jpg

Jonah yellow
aXcGcUi.jpg

Peach ghost
rgskelz.jpg

Another peach ghost
oH7Y4AM.jpg

Seeds saved from my '14 yellow brain strain. NOPE. It was next to yellow ghost but who knows. Pods go red
f6AL65l.jpg

Speaking of yellow brain strain. I remember some guy posted a thread here once looking for a pepper with a long peduncle (stem). Here ya go
daIWRfK.jpg

Nother yellow brain strain all brained out. Cant wait for this fncker to ripen. It is not from my growdown plant but it is pepperguru seed
L643I4i.jpg

MOA Cardi
n12ziSz.jpg

P Dreadie
NWYLkcy.jpg

Puerto Rican yellow from Jedi
zRPaFgh.jpg

Paper Lantern
27THiSg.jpg

D3 El Scorponero
bl0F973.jpg

Omni Bonnet like a foot tall, 3+ feet wide
NlsvSFW.jpg

D3 Giant Goat peach
iICZMGS.jpg

Feel like I'm 2-3 weeks behind. Kind of a good thing since I don't know how I'd process all those pods if I had to do it right now
mC44nv5.jpg

Beat this Andy
swarQQm.jpg

Back