• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GeorgeJ's 2014 Tokyo-a-grow-grow - Podding Up Like Crazy!

Got my first lot of seeds in last night.

7 pot yellow, burgundy, orange, red. 7 pot chaguanas, maya red habanero, jays peach ghost scorpion.
opEkohL.jpg

Planning to add more later.

Looking good in here
QWNXQKC.jpg

Primo joining the party
PAm5SXG.jpg

Out of all the pepperlover.com seeds here's my Germination rates:
White bhut:2 of 3 seeds sprouted

White 7 pot:2 of 3 seeds sprouted

Primo: 3 of 3 seeds sprouted

Douglah: 3 of 3 seeds sprouted

Fatalii: 3 of 3 seeds sprouted (sadly managed to fry the first one of them with a fan, but two more came to the funeral

Brown Moruga: 2 of 3 seeds sprouted - but I think one more is coming!

Amazing Germination rates, I think you will agree

Oh yeah... I was sold last year... Judy has some good product! I particularly liked the large podded variety of the 7-pot Yellow I grew from her seeds last year. Even people who don't like extreme heat told me they liked the flavor.

First and second round seedlings are looking great G! Will you be planting any of them outside this year? From your description, your MIL wasn't very happy when she saw how big they got. Lol!

Cheers, Rick!

Yeah I'm not sure I'll get any allotment space this year! Haha.
I will look into how much it costs to rent a bit of land locally though.

Just managed to find some fermented seaweed extract on the Japanese market and some liquid calcium to foliar feed plants on their way here now. Those first round seedlings could benefit from some nutes now.

Wow your first set are doing great! I think mine sprouted about the same time yet are all still tiny.

Gratz on the new babies!

Just managed to find some fermented seaweed extract on the Japanese market and some liquid calcium to foliar feed plants on their way here now. Those first round seedlings could benefit from some nutes now.

Hah, I just found the same thing! Did you get it off Amazon?

filmost said:
Wow your first set are doing great! I think mine sprouted about the same time yet are all still tiny.

Gratz on the new babies!

Hah, I just found the same thing! Did you get it off Amazon?
Yup, Amazon - I looked high and low last year without any luck

Yep same one. My order just came in yesterday so planning to use it this weekend.

If you are looking for worm castings I can hook you up with a source. They only take orders by email or direct pick-up, but are way cheaper than the Rakuten stores. Let me know if you're interested.

filmost said:
Yep same one. My order just came in yesterday so planning to use it this weekend.

If you are looking for worm castings I can hook you up with a source. They only take orders by email or direct pick-up, but are way cheaper than the Rakuten stores. Let me know if you're interested.
DDefinitely interested! Thanks a lot man.

Fermented kelp fertiliser arrived
HZUtOtK.jpg

Decided to grow some Korean gochu too. They sprouted in just 6 days!
Nb2jKI3.jpg

The box is looking good!
yUlK7Lf.jpg

Fatalii are off to a crawling start.. They had helmet head which stunted the cots a bit. Looking forward to true leaves and ramping it up
pJFjb5X.jpg

Unlike the douglah, which are growing so strong!
0CNFCp4.jpg

If you like Cayenne-types, you'll like the Gochus G. They're vigorous and unfussy growers and produce well. They have tough skins and moderate to thin flesh though, so they're probably best for powders.

I'm keen to try new varieties. I figured the gochu might cope better inside on a sunny ledge than Chinense so. I had a few indoors last year which never amounted to much, but some annums were throwing out pods

I'm separating primo seedlings today, they grew so fast.
New video grow log
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z96DWGwFM2c&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Still growing!

I separated the primo and douglah seedlings, but need to separate a few more.
Roots are growing really nicely and will be time to pot up the first round soon.

gFQnqXP.jpg

Weather seems to be warming a bit recently. I'm determined to get them outside earlier this year, I was over cautious last year.
Will start hardening them off in a few weeks time

Back