• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GeorgeJ's 2014 Tokyo-a-grow-grow - Podding Up Like Crazy!

Got my first lot of seeds in last night.

7 pot yellow, burgundy, orange, red. 7 pot chaguanas, maya red habanero, jays peach ghost scorpion.
opEkohL.jpg

Planning to add more later.

Over wintered 7 pot brown is looking rather happy
tx1WeWi.jpg

Warm and humid days are already here very early. Which is helping the growing season a lot!

I found some 100% neem oil. Been diluting a teaspoon in warm water with a few drops of dish soap and then adding cold water.
usF1tNo.jpg

II've been spraying plants for a few days and it's really helping beat the aphids.
I just don't like the smell, at all! ;)

My Fatalii that seemed to take forever to start to grow is now racing ahead
hkhyoEq.jpg

Decided to add some variety. There's a goya (bitter melon) and two different cucumbers.
3xXwasn.jpg

Plants are in their best state of aphid control they've been yet. I'm gonna keep on neeming. I'm sure the sap suckers will be back though

They are enjoying the morning sun!

Chinese 5 colour
AR8q6KW.jpg

Yellow paprika putting out fruit
MVXJD3K.jpg

Brown Moruga
VBV6XTf.jpg

Fatalii
dN9XNhX.jpg

Douglah takes the prize today.
jlpgp8q.jpg

Nice to see them in the stage where they are noticeably growing

Fatalii
cAU95pp.jpg

7 pot red started kicking as$
0Czdnc8.jpg

Douglah
MUoDkdL.jpg

Btw the green halo in the soil around the douglah is basil. I decided to use the space in the big pots and basil grows symbiotically with chillies

Everything's looking good G, but that  OW 7-pot Brown is just nailing it!   Have you ever grown bitter melon before? Pinoy had some planted in his backyard a couple of years ago, and he had to pull it all up because it was crowding everything else out.... maybe you're planning on pruning it heavy so it doesn't get that bad? Keep 'em green... :party:

yeah, just my luck that my first review of a superhot this year is gonna be one of the worst ;)

yes i have a backup plan or two if the bitter melon keeps on going. the trellace is about 6ft away from the wall where the door is. im gonna set another net up high and have it grow overhead above the door. i actually quite wanna plant a few more. keep the shade up over the windows. people call goya "green curtain" here. because it does just that if you grow it infront of a window.

Look how much it's grown in a week.
9evUsv3.jpg

I'm actually using gardening ties to control it. It was trying to sneak down to my neighbours apartment

Worm castings got delivered today.
hHM5KZP.jpg

Filtered some water and got the air stone going
kZhuECm.jpg

Couldn't find molasses in a hurry, so using okinawan black sugar. Might have added a bit too much so hope it's alright.
Bubbling away, castings in a laundry net.
j4YgHyC.jpg

Alright G! It looks like your plants really like their rooftop location... you're gonna be looking at some Godzilla plants before too long. Your MIL is probably happy you're growing there instead of in her allotment.  ;) 

I'll be keeping an eye on your worm tea experiment to see how it comes out. Keep 'em green buddy!

Back